Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Master WuXian (The Legend Of Hei) runs a Gauntlet

So, on a long train ride the other day I got around to watching the Chinese animated film The Legend Of Hei. It has some very nice and dynamic fight scenes and some quite nifty powers on show.

In light of this, and to put the film on other people's radar, I figured I'd put one of the lead characters Master WuXian through a few fights.

All fights take place on an abandoned Manhattan Island. WuXian is healed after each successive fight.

1) Spider-Man, Venom and Carnage (616)
    2) The Black Order (MCU)
    3) The LotR Gank Squad. (Lord of the Rings)
    4) Invincible, Rex Splode, Monster Girl and Atom Eve (Invincible TV Series)
    5) The Justice League (DCEAU, not the Snyder cut)

FEATS - Containing BIG spoilers for The Legend Of Hei (you should all watch it)

- Snazzy multiperson fight:

- His introductory fight

- Versus FengXi

- Versus FengXi in the domain I (FengXi is slowly becoming quasi-omnipotent in this realm)

- Versus FengXi in the domain II (FengXi has more control over his powers but Hei ends up messing with his powers.)

How far does he get?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm really not liking the odds for the first group of three. This guy has some level of outright superspeed, a fair amount of either metal control or telekinesis, seems ridiculously tough...yeah, I figure he cleans up the first three.

I can't speak to the rest, because I don't know them.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 04-20-2021 at 06:06 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm really not liking the odds for the first group of three. This guy has some level of outright superspeed, a fair amount of either metal control or telekinesis, seems ridiculously tough...yeah, I figure he cleans up the first three.

I can't speak to the rest, because I don't know them.
    It's metal control specifically.

In his introductory fight, you get a good example how he can twist his bracelets from plates, to blade, to wire on the fly.

No thoughts on the Gank Squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's metal control specifically.

In his introductory fight, you get a good example how he can twist his bracelets from plates, to blade, to wire on the fly.

No thoughts on the Gank Squad?
    I guess I wasn't clear enough - I figure this guy cleans up on the first three choices on the list, ie up to and including the Gank Squad. He's too fast, he controls metals, they have an awful lot of metal, etc. As long as it works on 'All Metal' and not 'Specifically High Carbon Steel' or something like that, they're pretty screwed.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Cripes, with his speed he avoids everyone, takes control of the Deathiron and Anguirel, and that's pretty much all she wrote. :(
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Cripes, with his speed he avoids everyone, takes control of the Deathiron and Anguirel, and that's pretty much all she wrote.
    The speed thing surprises me.

He's definitely fast, his flight speed is really good and he's got some feats of reasonably complicated movement (when he blitzes onto the train to drop the rock guy in the first clip I posted) but I don't know if he's entirely too fast for say high bullet timers like Team 1 to react to. They'll have a hard time but it's not insurmountable methinks.

The Gank Squad clock in at what... peak human plus-ish right? As I recall? Something about some fellows dodging barrages of big explosions and whatnot? I figured their sheer numbers plus possible debilitating effect of the terror aura might give them something to work with. They are definitely hampered by wearing a lot of metal which puts them in a bad spot.

What if we were spot their weaponry and armour immunity to his metal manipulation? That leaves him with ambient metal in the environment only. That change anything?