Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rian Johnson and Star Wars TV series.

So this has come up recently, that Rian Johnson is interesting in directing an episode of the Mandalorian, although he might miss season 3 due to his commitments to the Knives Out sequel. But given the many current Star Wars TV series in the pipeline (Not Andor as I think that's mostly wrapped, but Ashoka, Rangers, Lando etc and of course any future Mandalorian season), perhaps maybe another thing down the line?

His TV work's perhaps best known for his three "Breaking Bad" episodes. While "Fly" was sort of an experimental bottle episode (Something that's actually become fairly common in some recent TV series due to the pandemic) with mixed results, "Fifty One" and "Ozymandias" were pretty huge "turning point" episodes in the series and well received by critics.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I'm curious what he would do on his own so I'd have him pitch something new.

Extraordinary Member

First off, I’m a guy who despises everything about his writing in TLJ.

But I’m also a guy who loves his original material, and find his directing of his shitty TLJ script unimpeachable when separated from that.

They seem to film episodes in a comparatively “light” amount of time, so I could see them just waiting to see when he’s available and slotting him in.

But I would personally look for a particularly ambitious script and then give it to him.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Curious how star wars is mainly a tv thing now.

Ah well, worked well for Star Trek for decades.

I’m all for it! He’s a great director and TLJ is tied as my favorite SW movie. Excited to see what he could with one of Favreaus scripts.

I could see him directing a banger and softening the perceptions his haters have.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium