Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    You should see his twitter feed and how he interacts with fans online in general.He has consistently mocked people and made fun of characters.I don't like the guy but also would never send any type of threat or even hate in general to him
    “If you know me and hate me that is okay. If you don’t know me and hate me that is stupid.” ( Robert Mitchum). I do not hate Dan Slott let alone believe in sending hate messages towards him. I only judge him on two things: 1: How he wrote Spider-Man. 2: His professionalism. Those are the same standards I apply to Spencer or any other writer of Spider-Man. I can tell you I prefer Spencer’s Amazing, but even more then that, I like the fact he allows the work to speak for itself. Instead of snarky comments and (or) blaming others for problems.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    “If you know me and hate me that is okay. If you don’t know me and hate me that is stupid.” ( Robert Mitchum). I do not hate Dan Slott let alone believe in sending hate messages towards him. I only judge him on two things: 1: How he wrote Spider-Man. 2: His professionalism. Those are the same standards I apply to Spencer or any other writer of Spider-Man. I can tell you I prefer Spencer’s Amazing, but even more then that, I like the fact he allows the work to speak for itself. Instead of snarky comments and (or) blaming others for problems.
    Amen to that.He has a limited social media presence and keeps it professional.He writes a good Spider-man as well.Anyone who lets the writing do the talking and isn't a snarky petty guy deserves respect(in most cases) imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    People make presumptions about every writer. It comes with the territory.
    Maybe that's the problem.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    According to the announcement it’s Ock’s Sinister 6 vs Vulture’s Savage 6 with NYC caught in the cross fire.

This seems like it’s Kindred’s big play so I’m curious to see how Spencer connects it all together.
    I'm curious about this story as Sinister Six has always been a favorite of mine in most forms. Usually those forms had one member on a glider, cause let's face it Green and Hob are as 'Sinister' as it gets. So when I see this artwork and neither Green Goblin nor Hobgoblin is there the impact is lessened. Heck, I'd settle for Jack O 'Lantern being there even though I know he's not, in terms of rank, in the same league as GG or HG but I'd have me a glider foe in the mix. But hey if Tarantula can be there so could Jack O 'Lantern.
    sinister_war_by_mark_bagley_0.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm curious about this story as Sinister Six has always been a favorite of mine in most forms. Usually those forms had one member on a glider, cause let's face it Green and Hob are as 'Sinister' as it gets. So when I see this artwork and neither Green Goblin nor Hobgoblin is there the impact is lessened. Heck, I'd settle for Jack O 'Lantern being there even though I know he's not, in terms of rank, in the same league as GG or HG but I'd have me a glider foe in the mix. But hey if Tarantula can be there so could Jack O 'Lantern.
    Lantern will be present in Chameleon Conspiracy.Also Normie showed Pete and liz that "Harry" still has his goblin gear.Also the sixth member of Ock's Sinister Six is not present.Could be Max Dillion Electro or one of the many people involved in Kings Ransom and Chameleon Conspiracy.Also could be green goblin.

Astonishing Member

The original Sinister Six did not have a Goblin ( Otto, Beck, Kraven, Vulture, Sandman and Dillion ( all of which are popping up although not on the same side and Kraven is different)) and it was very successful ( this from a Kingsley fan who would have wanted him). Spencer writing the Sinister Six accomplishes three things. 1: It is an opportunity to tie up the Vulture and Mysterio plot lines. 2: it gives him the opportunity to write Otto, Dillion and to a lesser extent Sandman ( and as we have seen he has ( or will use) every A or B Lister villain except Eddie, Kingsley and Molten Man). 3: For corporate it helps with the upcoming movie. It is also possible he could tie the Otto deal and even Superior to the original Peter deal. But that is not a given so I will not put it in the accomplishment category.

Astonishing Member

Why is the Lizard with the Sinisters? I thought he was trying to start all over again. And how is it Hydro-Man and Sandman are in the same team? Didn't they hate each other since that time they merged into a mud monster? And quite ironic that Kraven (who has an animal topic) is in Ock's side. Then again, it was Kraven who trapped the Savage Six in the first place.

Is the Order of The Web going to come in and back Peter up or are they going to continue to remain overall irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is the Order of The Web going to come in and back Peter up or are they going to continue to remain overall irrelevant?
    You make it sound like people here care for them.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I do care. Whatever or whoever Kindred really is, Spider-Man is going to need help to survive this insanity, and that's where the Order of the Web should enter. Against 12 Sinisters (or even more), one Spider won't be enough, so bring in a team of Spiders is only fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I do care. Whatever or whoever Kindred really is, Spider-Man is going to need help to survive this insanity, and that's where the Order of the Web should enter. Against 12 Sinisters (or even more), one Spider won't be enough, so bring in a team of Spiders is only fitting.
    I think I’m just expecting people to be disappointed more than anything else. They said they want something and when they get it they are still not satisfied. The order of web not counting Peter is a 6 member team themselves so a 18 member free for all fight would be interesting to see
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Not even the story they appeared in cared about them that much...

Astonishing Member

Bad idea: Why? A much better idea is to come up with a plausible story where Peter finds a way to defeat the two super teams.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Why is the Lizard with the Sinisters? I thought he was trying to start all over again. And how is it Hydro-Man and Sandman are in the same team? Didn't they hate each other since that time they merged into a mud monster? And quite ironic that Kraven (who has an animal topic) is in Ock's side. Then again, it was Kraven who trapped the Savage Six in the first place.
    Technically, that would be Kraven's sole surviving clone "son." That said, I'm pretty sure we'll find out once the story starts.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Bad idea: Why? A much better idea is to come up with a plausible story where Peter finds a way to defeat the two super teams.
    That's been done before. It'd also wreak of plot armor.

Not even the story they appeared in cared about them that much...
    I care about them.