Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Great looking art, a lil worried about Beetle on that image though, Abner has long been past his Beetle days, reverting him back to that would be a serious undermining to the Thunderbolts, but suppose he's been MIA since Zub's run, so I look forward to seeing how Spencer handles him.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I was thinking ... what happened to Otto's original body? The one where Peter "died" before Superior.
    If I'd have to guess, the coffin Otto pulled up was where that body was buried at.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Please, don't give Marvel Editorial any ideas. I'm sure doing so is their wet dream.
    They would if they could, but they've admitted that it would completely break internal cohesion and consistency with the rest of the MU to have Peter back in high school.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    They would if they could, but they've admitted that it would completely break internal cohesion and consistency with the rest of the MU to have Peter back in high school.
    Well, there is one way I could see it working but I know some of them do visit this forum so I'm not spelling it out for them. I would never forgive myself if they actually used my idea, nor should anyone else.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Well, there is one way I could see it working but I know some of them do visit this forum so I'm not spelling it out for them. I would never forgive myself if they actually used my idea, nor should anyone else.
    Good looking out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Great looking art, a lil worried about Beetle on that image though, Abner has long been past his Beetle days, reverting him back to that would be a serious undermining to the Thunderbolts, but suppose he's been MIA since Zub's run, so I look forward to seeing how Spencer handles him.

If I'd have to guess, the coffin Otto pulled up was where that body was buried at.
    Good eye. I didn’t even see Abner. I hope Spencer handles him well. Always loved the original Thunderbolts. The plot thickens. I’m really excited now for this little event.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    There's a few villains there that don't have any prior association with the story like Shocker, OG!Beetle, Jack O'Lantern, Chance, Boomerang, Dillon!Electro, and Death(?), so I'm not sure how many of those characters will actually appear.

so a battle between two old men huh. does otto and toomes have a grudge with one another back in the day?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

The lack of Calypso is frustrating.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by m4st4 View Post
    Man, reading these Spidey threads for years now and, recently, all I see is non-stop whining. What is going on guys? Wanna go back to actual intentional dragging along that goes nowhere? Dan Slott has been doing that for TEN YEARS, or have you forgotten? Look, I love Spidey no matter what, so even during those years we got some amazing stories (and one of my favorites: Spider Island).

But I'm reading about this Kindred business on cbr forums and it seems to me that the good majority is here for immediate answers to the mysteries... when in my opinion it absolutely, and however cheesy it may sound, IS all about the journey. Do you remember the old days of Roger Stern? I'm a child of the 90s so my first Spidey was definitely Bagley-eyed husband of MJ, but during Stern era I'm sure there were also a lot of letters demanding they reveal Hobgoblin's identity (that weren't included in omni, ahem), and yet it was constantly engaging and refreshing to read all of the steps of the story that built the grander narrative.

I mean, sure, I would like to know how it all goes... But not right now. That would be skipping an engaging book. Right now would mean Spencer is leaving the book, and this run's been one of my favorites, by far (I'm talking on the level of JMS, Stern in my book). All of the side characters were carefully written and engaging in their own way, MJ and Peter are finally together again and last time they felt as good like that was when Fraction wrote them on top of the Empire State or, naturally, JMS before they OMD it all to hell. We've had two incredible artists along the way: Ryan Ottley and Pat Gleason (who will hopefully return for more), along many others and of course Bagley's return.

You'll get all of your answers. Eventually. You'll be able to read it all once it's over and appreciate the story for its entirety and all of its carefully connected elements. But when it's over - it's over. I don't know who comes after Spencer and right now I don't care. If he doesn't royally mess up the finale, whoever comes next will have a helluva difficult task.
    I agree with some of the stuff here, but I think it's s pacing issue.
    Spencer is trying to tell a big story and sometimes it works, other times it falls flat. I'll admit, there hasn't been an arc outside the 2099 stuff I've disliked, but there's been arcs I've favoured over others.
    The problem with Kindred is that Last Remains appears to have fallen flat with some People, even through the mystery has been solved already.
    I think the lack of closure on that arc has left People feeling frustrated.

Personally, I've enjoyed the run. It's not been one of my favourites, but it's been a great FFJamie94 pleaser.

I think there's been highlights for sure, Hunted was great and the podcast issue was probably my favourite.
    But for the most part, it feels like an early 90's amazing Spider-Man comic in that we will remember parts of it, but will largely forget most of it

I don't think it's as good as superior foes, but it is a lot better than we give him credit for.

I think it's a fine run that I'll revisit in a few years and maybe in retrospect, learn to appreciate it a lot more since will have the benefit of hindsight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I really disagree. Why? I cannot speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself. I have been waiting for over a decade for OMD to end, that is not being impatient. In fact, the main ( although certainly NOT the only reason) I quit ASM during Dan Slott’s run was the realization that OMD will never go away until he left the book ( that analysis was proven correct). This 900 pound gorilla on the back of Peter and the readers has been going on too long. I am not only waiting for but expecting this nightmare to finally end ( especially because other stuff like Shed and Otto have been reversed and the reason for OMD ( hint it had a $ in front of it) no longer applies because of the multiple Spider characters like Miles, Gwen and Cindy). I can tell you that IF by some chance it does not then I will not be onboard with the next writer., because I am tired of investing my precious time waiting for closure of OMD.
    I've never been a fan of OMD and only collected the issues after it for completion purposes. But it never had a chance of being reversed while the main people in editorial were still around who championed it to begin with (especially Joey Q and Wacker). Even if OMD is addressed, I don't necessarily think it will be reversed. Although I do believe it should since Miles now occupies the role they believed Peter should maintain indefinitely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I agree with some of the stuff here, but I think it's s pacing issue.
    Spencer is trying to tell a big story and sometimes it works, other times it falls flat. I'll admit, there hasn't been an arc outside the 2099 stuff I've disliked, but there's been arcs I've favoured over others.
    The problem with Kindred is that Last Remains appears to have fallen flat with some People, even through the mystery has been solved already.
    I think the lack of closure on that arc has left People feeling frustrated.

Personally, I've enjoyed the run. It's not been one of my favourites, but it's been a great FFJamie94 pleaser.

I think there's been highlights for sure, Hunted was great and the podcast issue was probably my favourite.
    But for the most part, it feels like an early 90's amazing Spider-Man comic in that we will remember parts of it, but will largely forget most of it

I don't think it's as good as superior foes, but it is a lot better than we give him credit for.

I think it's a fine run that I'll revisit in a few years and maybe in retrospect, learn to appreciate it a lot more since will have the benefit of hindsight.
    Is Spencer perfect? No far from it. But compared to Dan Slott and the four brutal stories of JMS ( everyone knows the four I am talking about, so no need to mention them), he has done a good job. I give him a B so far, and if he can “Stick The Landing” and get rid of one of those JMS stories ( hint: His last one), in a plausible and intelligent fashion, he can go up to a B Plus or even A Minus.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Is Spencer perfect? No far from it. But compared to Dan Slott and the four brutal stories of JMS ( everyone knows the four I am talking about, so no need to mention them), he has done a good job. I give him a B so far, and if he can “Stick The Landing” and get rid of one of those JMS stories ( hint: His last one), in a plausible and intelligent fashion, he can go up to a B Plus or even A Minus.
    I know two of JMS' stories (with a possible 3rd), but I can't think of a 4th.
    Regardless, I doubt OMD will be reversed. It's far too late now and the marriage was a problem Marvel inherited.
    They had been trying to get rid of it as soon as it happened with only a now decreasing fanbase being very vocal about their distaste for it.
    Slott didn't like it which is part of the reason why I believe Marvel kept him on as the writer. He wasn't going to try and bring them together again.
    But anyway, I can be here all day explaining my thoughts on OMD and why it was a bad idea.
    I'd be happy if Marvel said tomorrow that OMD never happened, but I don't live in that land
    My guess is that Spencer would like to see them get back together, but Marvel just isn't allowing it right now.

I think they are more contempt with Peter and MJ dating over anything else.
    Then again, I could be wrong, OMD may be reversed. But I'd rather see good storytelling than for all my wishes to be granted

Fantastic Member

There's one other thing that I was thinking of.. what was the body Carlie was shocked at some issues ago, and what happened to her? I would have to figure that plotline would have to be dealt with soon, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so a battle between two old men huh. does otto and toomes have a grudge with one another back in the day?
    Well, Otto as SpOck found out Toomes was using kids and then SpOck beat him within an inch of his life.

Astonishing Member

Have to say I have very little interest in this. Sinister Twelve only came together in Hunted and nothing since then. I don't like the revert to status quo from the Superior Spider-Man to Doctor Octopus. One more thing, it's a separate book rather than in the flagship title. One of my least favourite things about the run even though I've really liked most of it and a few of the separate tie-ins were worthwhile.