Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That's been done before. It'd also wreak of plot armor.
    But arguably more thematically appropriate for Spider-Man.
    I care about them.
    I care about them too! Individually .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That's been done before. It'd also wreak of plot armor.

I care about them.
    Of course Peter has defeated the Sinister Six before. I also used the word plausible in my comment ( I certainly do not want a victory like Spider-Man had over the robot Spider-Man in Avengers 11 titled Along Came A Spider).,I simply do not want to see Peter as the male equivalent of a “Damsel In Distress” where he needs others to save him. We also just saw “The Order Of The Web” in Last Remains and their presence was meh at best. In my opinion “The Order Of The Web” is second from the bottom of weak Amazing stories from Spencer. The only story I rate lower was Miguel. Are they on a level of the worst of Slott or OMD? No but they certainly bring nothing to the table ( except remind me of bad issues ( Silk and Sins Past for example)). I say keep them away, and let Peter kick some bad guy ass.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-02-2021 at 07:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Of course Peter has defeated the Sinister Six before. I also used the word plausible in my comment ( I certainly do not want a victory like Spider-Man had over the robot Spider-Man in Avengers 11 titled Along Came A Spider).,I simply do not want to see Peter as the male equivalent of a “Damsel In Distress” where he needs others to save him. We also just saw “The Order Of The Web” in Last Remains and their presence was meh at best. In my opinion “The Order Of The Web” is second from the bottom of weak Amazing stories from Spencer. The only story I rate lower was Miguel. Are they on a level of the worst of Slott or OMD? No but they certainly bring nothing to the table ( except remind me of bad issues ( Silk and Sins Past for example)). I say keep them away, and let Peter kick some bad guy ass.
    Let's just agree to disagree since we clearly have different tastes.

Extraordinary Member

This.I like those guys and I am all for team ups but only if they make it a point to show why peter is best of them(has the most experience/powers/brains yada yada).Otherwise seeing pete take on overwhelming force and kicking butt is much better.Also good chance to show what peter can do when not holding back

Extraordinary Member

Just read the issue.Not bad.Next 2 weeks are gonna be hopefully heavy.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!(don't know how to tag)

Osborn has one day to help out Kindred.He recruits someone from ravencroft.We don't know who it is but he has a stutter and something to do with his neighbour(maybe the sin-eater).Looking forward to that .My guess is that it is sandman or hydroman or for the new sinister six.Also makes sense since then osborn would be the sixth member.
    Robbie and Tombstone bonding over children felt natutral even though it was done in just one issue.The syndicate fighting alongside Spider-man with him saving the white rabbit felt great too.
    Spider-man finding Boomerang using Gog was great.
    The ending with the backup with Luke,Jess,Wolverine,Spider-woman,hawkeye and the iron fist was great.One of my few complains was with that first issue that made heroes like Luke and Danny annoyed by Pete even though we know they love and respect him.Just hope they don't turn this into a damsel with distress Spider-man and more of The gang taking care of the background noise.
    Also hopefully Spider-man gets a gala invite

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Just read the issue.Not bad.Next 2 weeks are gonna be hopefully heavy.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!(don't know how to tag)

Osborn has one day to help out Kindred.He recruits someone from ravencroft.We don't know who it is but he has a stutter and something to do with his neighbour(maybe the sin-eater).Looking forward to that .My guess is that it is sandman or hydroman or for the new sinister six.Also makes sense since then osborn would be the sixth member.
    Robbie and Tombstone bonding over children felt natutral even though it was done in just one issue.The syndicate fighting alongside Spider-man with him saving the white rabbit felt great too.
    Spider-man finding Boomerang using Gog was great.
    The ending with the backup with Luke,Jess,Wolverine,Spider-woman,hawkeye and the iron fist was great.One of my few complains was with that first issue that made heroes like Luke and Danny annoyed by Pete even though we know they love and respect him.Just hope they don't turn this into a damsel with distress Spider-man and more of The gang taking care of the background noise.
    Also hopefully Spider-man gets a gala invite
    The term “Damsel in Distress” is exactly what I used before ( I just said make equivalent) and I hate it. Why? It is utter disrespect Peter needing help. Why? Peter might not be on the power level of Thor or Hulk or on the intelligence level of Reed Richards or Tony Stark, but he is stronger and smarter then most characters in Marvel: If and this is a big IF: Marvel allows him to be.

Extraordinary Member

The term “Damsel in Distress” is exactly what I used before ( I just said make equivalent) and I hate it. Why? It is utter disrespect Peter needing help. Why? Peter might not be on the power level of Thor or Hulk or on the intelligence level of Reed Richards or Tony Stark, but he is stronger and smarter then most characters in Marvel: If and this is a big IF: Marvel allows him to be.
    Amen to all this.Peter has one of the best and well-rounded skillsets in the entire MU.He also has willpower rivaling that of Captain America and Experience in fighting in all fields

I love the chemistry between Spider and Luke Cage. Hope they have good interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by m4st4 View Post
    Man, reading these Spidey threads for years now and, recently, all I see is non-stop whining. What is going on guys? Wanna go back to actual intentional dragging along that goes nowhere? Dan Slott has been doing that for TEN YEARS, or have you forgotten? Look, I love Spidey no matter what, so even during those years we got some amazing stories (and one of my favorites: Spider Island).

But I'm reading about this Kindred business on cbr forums and it seems to me that the good majority is here for immediate answers to the mysteries... when in my opinion it absolutely, and however cheesy it may sound, IS all about the journey. Do you remember the old days of Roger Stern? I'm a child of the 90s so my first Spidey was definitely Bagley-eyed husband of MJ, but during Stern era I'm sure there were also a lot of letters demanding they reveal Hobgoblin's identity (that weren't included in omni, ahem), and yet it was constantly engaging and refreshing to read all of the steps of the story that built the grander narrative.

I mean, sure, I would like to know how it all goes... But not right now. That would be skipping an engaging book. Right now would mean Spencer is leaving the book, and this run's been one of my favorites, by far (I'm talking on the level of JMS, Stern in my book). All of the side characters were carefully written and engaging in their own way, MJ and Peter are finally together again and last time they felt as good like that was when Fraction wrote them on top of the Empire State or, naturally, JMS before they OMD it all to hell. We've had two incredible artists along the way: Ryan Ottley and Pat Gleason (who will hopefully return for more), along many others and of course Bagley's return.

You'll get all of your answers. Eventually. You'll be able to read it all once it's over and appreciate the story for its entirety and all of its carefully connected elements. But when it's over - it's over. I don't know who comes after Spencer and right now I don't care. If he doesn't royally mess up the finale, whoever comes next will have a helluva difficult task.
    Well it could boil down to the following factors:

They don't have the patience for the long game.
    They are getting over hyped and buy in too deeply to what the solicits say (which to me feels like the equivalent of listening to what Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic spew from toxic waste that is their sites).
    They don't like Nick Spencer.
    They are just plain ol' crazy (this is most likely case because why in the name of God would you constantly read and review something you clearly hate/dislike after a considerable length of time?)

Not a Cage or Wolverine fan. Grumpy and grumpier. Spider-Woman and Hawkeye yes. I’d rather he used the Syndicate as his help rather than these guys. Spencer has already utilized a large cast and with the double Sinister 6’s there is going to be even more characters.