Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    If you believe Marvel would allow Otto to remain a reformed anti-hero moving forward, then I have a bridge to sell you. He was always going to go back to his more recognizable self. He is one of the great villains. We still don't know if he is full on villain again yet. His actions from Iron Man 500 and Amazing 600 up to Superior were fueled by his dying body and slight brain damage. As he is now, he is cured of all that. Still, he does have one of Kindred's centipedes (ceti eel?) In him. So even if he is, it can be waved away later as being the result of that.

Otto going back to status quo wasn't a matter of "if", but "when". Now the way they achieved that is up to personal debate. I do feel using Mephisto yet again was just a cop out. Plain old lazy.
    Another reason why I prefer Manga over American Comic Books is that character development is seldomly rolled back so drastically or in such a hamfisted manner. I truly feel this outdated mindset is one of the reasons Manga sales have outpaced American Comic Book sales by such a large margin in recent years. Your average consumer craves more sophisticated storytelling these days.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-22-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."