Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default A 'Sinister" Revelation in ASM 64?

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-m...lation-teaser/

Says something about the road to Spider-Man greatest battle starts in ASM 64.

Incredible Member

Saw this an hour ago. At first I was exited until I realized what more could they possibly tease? Get to the point already. Kindred is still unresolved. 64 issues later and we still know nothing. What’s left? The body carlie found is the real Peter? Norman is not cured and has been putting a show on for Kingpin’s security cameras? Mephisto is an irrelevant plot that won’t solve anything? What could be so big at this point?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-m...lation-teaser/

Says something about the road to Spider-Man greatest battle starts in ASM 64.
    Somehow I suspect this is all hype. The comic I think of when it comes to Peter versus when Fisk tried to kill Aunt May and Peter gave him an ass kicking he will never forget. It will have to be exceptional to top that or Spider-Man No More ( maybe the greatest cover in Spider-Man history).

Arrow

Meh, all these recent teases (past year or so) are falling flat with me. Just tell interesting stories with good superheroic-action/civilian life balance. We all know at this point Marvel Editorial won't allow OMD to be properly addressed so no one cares.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If this is supposed to be the return of the Sinister Six, likely led by Otto Octavius in full Doctor Octopus mode . . . well, I'm curious to see how Spencer would tackle that, but I'll be keeping my expectations modest.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Saw this an hour ago. At first I was exited until I realized what more could they possibly tease? Get to the point already. Kindred is still unresolved. 64 issues later and we still know nothing. What’s left? The body carlie found is the real Peter? Norman is not cured and has been putting a show on for Kingpin’s security cameras? Mephisto is an irrelevant plot that won’t solve anything? What could be so big at this point?
    Well... we know SOME things, like Kindred’s supposed ID, but at this point we should know EVERY thing. I used to hear people moaning about how long the Clone Saga went on. Hasn’t this run on longer than that now? We are coming on three years. As they once said on Chappelle’s Show “wrap it up, B.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Somehow I suspect this is all hype. The comic I think of when it comes to Peter versus when Fisk tried to kill Aunt May and Peter gave him an ass kicking he will never forget. It will have to be exceptional to top that or Spider-Man No More ( maybe the greatest cover in Spider-Man history).
    Not to mention the first (and only good) Morlun battle, “Nothing Stops the Juggernaut”, Firelord, the early Venom fights, Green Goblin in PP:SM#75, etc. Hard to see how it tops all of those classic battles. More hype...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If this is supposed to be the return of the Sinister Six, likely led by Otto Octavius in full Doctor Octopus mode . . . well, I'm curious to see how Spencer would tackle that, but I'll be keeping my expectations modest.
    I'd probably avoid it all together if that were the case, as it would only serve to remind me how badly they screwed over Otto just to give us Spider-Man vs Doc Ock for the bajillionth time.

That seems to be the likeliest outcome, some set up to a big battle against the Sinister Six.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    I'd probably avoid it all together if that were the case, as it would only serve to remind me how badly they screwed over Otto just to give us Spider-Man vs Doc Ock for the bajillionth time.
    Superior Ock was one of Slott’s few bright spots and it’s a shame it’s been undone just to give us more of the same generic Doc Ock vs Spidey fights we witnessed over decades. As always with Marvel these days, character development and change.... bad. Status quo.... good.

So many of these character's histories are ridiculous messes at this point, like Doc Ock's died twice now (or is it more after Clone Conspiracy and all that lol) and he was good, then he isn't now and we wait on baited breath to see exactly how bad he is again.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Well... we know SOME things, like Kindred’s supposed ID, but at this point we should know EVERY thing. I used to hear people moaning about how long the Clone Saga went on. Hasn’t this run on longer than that now? We are coming on three years. As they once said on Chappelle’s Show “wrap it up, B.”
    I agree with the sentiments that by this point we should know more than we do, I think the difference with the Clone Saga though is that literally took up every main Spidey book for 2+ years. This has been simmering in the background throughout just Amazing instead of ever being the focus that much.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 04-20-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Superior Ock was one of Slott’s few bright spots and it’s a shame it’s been undone just to give us more of the same generic Doc Ock vs Spidey fights we witnessed over decades. As always with Marvel these days, character development and change.... bad. Status quo.... good.
    That's what annoyed me the most about it. in Vol 2 of Superior he had a supporting cast. He had the slow respect of the superhero community. He HAD AN HONEST TO GOODNESS LOVE INTEREST.

But like you said. Change bad. Status Quo good.

ugh

That's what annoyed me the most about it. in Vol 2 of Superior he had a supporting cast. He had the slow respect of the superhero community. He HAD AN HONEST TO GOODNESS LOVE INTEREST.

ugh
    Tell me about it. *sigh*
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-20-2021 at 04:46 PM.

That could be interesting.

I still miss Superior Octopus Otto. *hugs his Superior Octopus Funko*

My first thought was this would resolve the multiple Sinister Six teams Spencer has established in his run.
    We don't have any guarantee of that. It all depends on the execution.

ugh
    We could still debate to high heaven whether Otto deserved or earned any of that, although I will admit it seemed like they rushed too quickly to make him Doc Ock again (even if I'm under the belief he doesn't deserve to be Spider-Man).