Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed.Miles specially since he came to the 616 has been a way to similar to teen pete.
    Oh, yeah, Miles needs more of his own stuff in 616. I'm especially offended by pairing him with a version of Gwen Stacy which smacks of a retread (as others have mentioned).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm not disappointed in Otto or Miles I'm disappointed in Marvel Editorial for using this lazy, stupid, divisive, inside joke, plot device yet again.
    I was hoping Spencer now tying in Otto to Kindred would address Otto's Mephisto deal as well since Mephisto seemed to have a vested interest in removing the Peter Parker portion from Superior. Plus we at least had the possibility of Otto remembering some portion of his time as Elliott Tolliver. Now with these memory "holes" it seems they may have Otto forget his time as Superior altogether.

Oh, yeah, Miles needs more of his own stuff in 616. I'm especially offended by pairing him with a version of Gwen Stacy which smacks of a retread (as others have mentioned).
    Hmmm I wonder.... how much better would it be to have Sarah Stacy as Mile's love interest?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm I wonder.... how much better would it be to have Sarah Stacy as Mile's love interest?
    What about introducing a new love interest for Miles. Someone who has not been seen before? Is it easy? No but it worked well for Otto.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    What about introducing a new love interest for Miles. Someone who has not been seen before? Is it easy? No but it worked well for Otto.
    They have introduced a few, here and there. My favorites of those who've shown some semblance of romantic interest in him are Tiana Toomes/Starling and Lana Baumgartner/Bombshell, though he seems to reciprocate more towards Starling than he does Bombshell, whom it looks like he just thinks of as a good friend.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Thumbs up

hell no,

so who is Sarah Stacy? Is she a younger cousin or something?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who is Sarah Stacy? Is she a younger cousin or something?
    Sarah is 616 Gwen's alleged daughter with Norman Osborn a possible rape baby (it is murky if mind control was involved). I say "alleged" because I live in hope the circumstances surrounding the conception of Sarah and her twin brother Gabriel will one day be (rightly) retconned.

Now that I think about it, are there surviving Stacy's for Ghost Spider to interact with?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, are there surviving Stacy's for Ghost Spider to interact with?
    There's the whole clan of the Stacy relatives over in the 616 universe that debuted after the Clone Saga and stuck around til Mackie left after the reboot. Jill, Paul, and George's brother Arthur. I actually liked the extended Stacy family, Arthur especially, as reminders of 2 people he let down before, save for whenever they'd try to shoehorn romantic tension for Peter with Jill. They sorta just de-materialized out of existence in 2001 never to be heard from again lol. Jill showed up in a Jenkins PPSM issue right after JMS started on Amazing but that was the last appearance I'm aware of for any of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sarah maybe? That could be interesting.. meeting a daughter that's not really yours....

Extraordinary Member

Sarah maybe? That could be interesting.. meeting a daughter that's not really yours....
    No.It may be cool but will only set the story more in canon.Right now it is very isolated and is not even mentioned much.Only time you bring something like that up is for a retcon

It would not shock me if that was true ( I remember Dan Slott’s comments to readers here)
    Yeah I remember when Slott and Wacker joined the community in posting here, and I can tell you with the utmost clarity the only reason why Slott was "snarky" was because he was completely inundated by bad faith arguments by people who were practically trolls because they were up in their feelings about the direction of the book and decided to lash out at him directly rather than have the emotional maturity to communicate their feelings in a far less combative nature. A writer and an editor from Marvel - on their premier book no less - decide to hang out on the boards and people have misgivings that they defended themselves from that kind of crappy behaviour? I don't blame him at all. If you really think he was at fault in these interactions, I'd ask myself why you don't see any other creators chilling around forums anymore either.

Where you are wrong is this: Dan Slott is the kind of guy that if corporate told him to make Red Skull Spider-Man or Peter a Nazi he would do it.
    First: what
    Second: Writers work within the aims of editors and higher ups. They don't call the shots, they just make the pitches.

Marvel Editorial tipped their hand showing that Peter will NEVER be allowed to progress beyond a certain narrative point. His boundaries moving forward or rather running in place are clearly established.
    That's not a 'Marvel Editorial' or 'Peter' thing - that's a 95% of all DC and Marvel comics thing. They exist to continue in perpetuity. In terms of American comics it's only creator owned publications that seem to have a definitive beginning and end.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I don't blame him at all. If you really think he was at fault in these interactions, I'd ask myself why you don't see any other creators chilling around forums anymore either.
    I personally think it's better for everyone if creators allow the work to speak for itself and cultivate a distance with the "fans". Nick Spencer being off social-media after he made a mess of himself in his antics promoting Captain America is a good example of someone learning from experience. Even when his run on Spider-Man is super popular he's decided to let his work stand for itself and be judged on its merits and doesn't weigh-in either way on fan debates. So I don't really think "creators chilling around forums" is in-and-of-itself a metric of true value. Especially since we have so many articles in the comics press highlighting how creator-fan interactions lead to cronyism, and an insular boy's club world. Besides some creators do interact with the forums (Kurt Busiek, Erik Larsen for instance).

I also think that if editors and writers are coming into a period of the character that is extremely polarizing, controversial and divisive, and whose founding story (OMD) is utter sh-t and indefensible on any grounds except corporate power, then I kind of think they should know that if they go in on a forum without moderated questions, i.e. a regular forum, they should know that they're not going to be welcomed with open arms.

After all these are employees for a corporation using corporate power to justify a decision that cannot be defended on real grounds.

That's not a 'Marvel Editorial' or 'Peter' thing - that's a 95% of all DC and Marvel comics thing. They exist to continue in perpetuity.
    Or until these characters fall in public domain at which the opinions of corporate employees and stooges don't really need to be trotted as real counter-arguments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Yeah I remember when Slott and Wacker joined the community in posting here, and I can tell you with the utmost clarity the only reason why Slott was "snarky" was because he was completely inundated by bad faith arguments by people who were practically trolls because they were up in their feelings about the direction of the book and decided to lash out at him directly rather than have the emotional maturity to communicate their feelings in a far less combative nature. A writer and an editor from Marvel - on their premier book no less - decide to hang out on the boards and people have misgivings that they defended themselves from that kind of crappy behaviour? I don't blame him at all. If you really think he was at fault in these interactions, I'd ask myself why you don't see any other creators chilling around forums anymore either.

First: what
    Second: Writers work within the aims of editors and higher ups. They don't call the shots, they just make the pitches.

That's not a 'Marvel Editorial' or 'Peter' thing - that's a 95% of all DC and Marvel comics thing. They exist to continue in perpetuity. In terms of American comics it's only creator owned publications that seem to have a definitive beginning and end.
    That is not accurate. As long as a character is popular someone will write him or her. Look at Mickey Mouse. Steamboat Willie ( first Mickey cartoon). That cartoon is in the Public Domain. Good luck anyone except Disney trying to remake it. Disney will make your life a living Hell. Ask the family of Jack Kirby about it sometime. Another example is Sherlock Holmes: Doyle has been dead for almost a Century and new stories come out ( Movies, TV and books every year) and the Doyle Estate is still collecting money from them. The only way something truly ends is when there is no market for it.