Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Are Hydro-Man and Sandman going to fuse together again?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Superior Ock was one of Slott’s few bright spots and it’s a shame it’s been undone just to give us more of the same generic Doc Ock vs Spidey fights we witnessed over decades. As always with Marvel these days, character development and change.... bad. Status quo.... good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    That's what annoyed me the most about it. in Vol 2 of Superior he had a supporting cast. He had the slow respect of the superhero community. He HAD AN HONEST TO GOODNESS LOVE INTEREST.

But like you said. Change bad. Status Quo good.

ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Tell me about it. *sigh*
    I'm with you. I miss the Superior Spider-Man and the ending to Superior Spider-Man Vol. 2 tainted all the issues leading up to the last one.

I'm a SpOck fan. Nobody has written the character as well as Christopher Yost.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I know two of JMS' stories (with a possible 3rd), but I can't think of a 4th.
    Regardless, I doubt OMD will be reversed. It's far too late now and the marriage was a problem Marvel inherited.
    They had been trying to get rid of it as soon as it happened with only a now decreasing fanbase being very vocal about their distaste for it.
    Slott didn't like it which is part of the reason why I believe Marvel kept him on as the writer. He wasn't going to try and bring them together again.
    But anyway, I can be here all day explaining my thoughts on OMD and why it was a bad idea.
    I'd be happy if Marvel said tomorrow that OMD never happened, but I don't live in that land
    My guess is that Spencer would like to see them get back together, but Marvel just isn't allowing it right now.

I think they are more contempt with Peter and MJ dating over anything else.
    Then again, I could be wrong, OMD may be reversed. But I'd rather see good storytelling than for all my wishes to be granted
    1: OMD. 2: Sins Past. 3: The Other. 4: Shed

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    1: OMD. 2: Sins Past. 3: The Other. 4: Shed
    But Shed isn't by JMS though. That was Zeb Wells.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    There's one other thing that I was thinking of.. what was the body Carlie was shocked at some issues ago, and what happened to her? I would have to figure that plotline would have to be dealt with soon, too.
    She has conveniently gone "out of town". MJ tried to call her back, but she is "away" and can't be reached. If the body has anything to do with the coffin Otto dug up, perhaps Sinister war might pick up on those threads. Still alot of threads needing to be tied up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Have to say I have very little interest in this. Sinister Twelve only came together in Hunted and nothing since then. I don't like the revert to status quo from the Superior Spider-Man to Doctor Octopus. One more thing, it's a separate book rather than in the flagship title. One of my least favourite things about the run even though I've really liked most of it and a few of the separate tie-ins were worthwhile.
    If you believe Marvel would allow Otto to remain a reformed anti-hero moving forward, then I have a bridge to sell you. He was always going to go back to his more recognizable self. He is one of the great villains. We still don't know if he is full on villain again yet. His actions from Iron Man 500 and Amazing 600 up to Superior were fueled by his dying body and slight brain damage. As he is now, he is cured of all that. Still, he does have one of Kindred's centipedes (ceti eel?) In him. So even if he is, it can be waved away later as being the result of that.

Otto going back to status quo wasn't a matter of "if", but "when". Now the way they achieved that is up to personal debate. I do feel using Mephisto yet again was just a cop out. Plain old lazy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    But Shed isn't by JMS though. That was Zeb Wells.
    Then I stand corrected.

Extraordinary Member

Spencer is cleaning up and addressing all Spider-man history.The only one he hasn't done yet is clone saga(although the first arc with Peter and Spider-man being 2 people may have been it).I also don't know how 2099 fits into all of this but if he put it in that means it will pay off.

Okay I was writing this post up and wanted to check something in hunted arc or before so I started reading and read from issue 10 to 40 and I loved it.The kindred stuff is annoying to wait for but everything else I like.So gonna clear somethings up that I think people are forgetting

Chameleon is angry about sergei's(og kraven) death.He wants to tear the world apart.He kidnaps Teresa parker's sorta-bf and extorts info about missing shield weapons for A.I.M..We also know that he had dealings with Norah(suit),Foreigner(Infinity formula for sable) and the countess(Smart bullet gun).Foreigner has dealings with chance in The palace(gambling flying ship cloaked above manhattan with a teleporter).We also know jamie(clairavoyant) is gambling up there.Also that countess wants a war with Latveria which is set up with him attacking monuments in New York.
    My theory is that the Symkaria/Latveria situation is what leads to the future getting destroyed.we know that it also gets set back since we see miguel back in his time(that or the fact that he gets the probability device charged and thus spidey convinces doom so maybe the damage done is not enough to destroy the future).
    Also that Chameleon is the one who provided The palace in the first place.And he is part of kingpin's stuff imo.
    Chance also has alterior motives that foreigner knows about.
    The real question is how this works with kindred since none of them have any relation with kindred.
    So in the future issues all mob bosses need to get the tablets and boomerang.Madame mask and the other guy want to use this to there advantage.Robbie and tombstone want to find there children.Spidey needs to stop all this.Prediction-1:King's ransom has a status quo.Someone dies.Kingpin gets out of the picture so either he dies or gets out of mayor position.
    Then we have a revelation.Chameleon makes his play.Chance,foreigner and JoL want to stop him.Prediction-2:The suit takes it's toll(and will be put away in this arc).Not much to go in since solicits are vague af.Symkaria/Latveria stuff/Silver sable returns and doom will have a major role(hopefully)and possible return of black cat(doubtful).Also covers don't give away much.
    Then we have sinister wars.Also for people worrying about villan ock in the scene we see him searching for a body and getting another "dead end'.Indicating that he is still trying to fill in his memory gap.Savage six formed way back in hunted(read the tie-ins,they are great).The new sinister six is the real mistery.Also its a mini so I think we will get one every week.So one ASM focusing on Kindred stuff and then of sinister wars.I think we will get to bottom of all this by 74(legacy 875).And then aftermath.There is still a lot left like carlie(inder kindred's control),the body(maybe related to ock's body hunt that failed and ended in the morgue),mephisto,Strange,etc.Also many people have said that the deal had nothing to do with the soul but strange says otherwise.
    The one doubt I have is that in the beginning Kindred hates Norman and then changes and keeps his sins away and says he wanted to get together.Also in 25 he confirms that he is from hell(says that doesn't want to hurt innocents and that is not a problem from where he is) and also confirms he doesn't want Peter and MJ to be together or close(I want to deny someone(him) something handing the script to mysterio that will take MJ away from peter)
    Thoughts

Extraordinary Member

Solicits just hit and not much else was revealed.The one interesting thing was all these mini-events(Hunted,Syndicate,Tablets,Sins rising,Last remains,King's ransom,Chameleon conspiracy,Sinister war and the entire run in general)have or are said to take a major toll on Peter.Spencer is breaking him down and I can't help but feel like we are going into back in black era and I am so excited for it.Thoughts?
    Also 70 cover hasn't been revealed.No idea why,maybe a spoiler?
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 04-22-2021 at 04:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Solicits just hit and not much else was revealed.The one interesting thing was all these mini-events(Hunted,Syndicate,Tablets,Sins rising,Last remains,King's ransom,Chameleon conspiracy,Sinister war and the entire run in general)have or are said to take a major toll on Peter.Spencer is breaking him down and I can't help but feel like we are going into back in black era and I am so excited for it.Thoughts?
    Also 70 cover hasn't been revealed.No idea why,maybe a spoiler?
    I do not know about a return to the Black In Black era. Why? Spencer is coming to an end, and we do not know who the next writer is. For simplicity sake I will call him ( or her) writer X. While I do not expect a Dan Slott WTF type run, I do expect writer X to want to put his ( or her) own stamp on Peter, Spider-Man, MJ etc. Until we know who writer X is I am not going to forecast the direction of Amazing ( and that includes a continuation of Spencer, a return to Black In Black or anything else). I am expecting the new writer to be announced in a couple of months. I see Kindred and OMD being dealt with in August and maybe an Amazing 801 type epilogue type issue from Spencer before handing the reigns over in September or October

Extraordinary Member

I do not know about a return to the Black In Black era. Why? Spencer is coming to an end, and we do not know who the next writer is. For simplicity sake I will call him ( or her) writer X. While I do not expect a Dan Slott WTF type run, I do expect writer X to want to put his ( or her) own stamp on Peter, Spider-Man, MJ etc. Until we know who writer X is I am not going to forecast the direction of Amazing ( and that includes a continuation of Spencer, a return to Black In Black or anything else). I am expecting the new writer to be announced in a couple of months. I see Kindred and OMD being dealt with in August and maybe an Amazing 801 type epilogue type issue from Spencer before handing the reigns over in September or October
    Agreed.I wasn't suggesting that the new run will be back in black style.Just that we will get a similar Spidey in Spencer's run.Only 1 or 2 issues if the run ends by 875 or more if it goes on till 800 or more.we already have seen aunt may getting attacked at feast and May's death is a big part of OMD .Also the panel where we have May telling Peter she thinks FEAST center destruction may be her fault has major BiB vibes for me.Also hunted had peter needing to learn and stuff.This entire run peter has been broken down and he is barely holding on.Would love peter to cut loose and give Kindred,Harry,Norman,etc.the business.
    Also the fact that we are getting 2 giant size issues,so many consecutive weeks for ASM and the fact that Sinister wars is a mini and not part of ASM and on top of that the solicit states that "IT.ALL.COMES.DOWN.TO.THIS." makes me think that 74(875) is gonna be a finale and then we either get aftermath or new run
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 04-22-2021 at 05:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    If you believe Marvel would allow Otto to remain a reformed anti-hero moving forward, then I have a bridge to sell you. He was always going to go back to his more recognizable self. He is one of the great villains. We still don't know if he is full on villain again yet. His actions from Iron Man 500 and Amazing 600 up to Superior were fueled by his dying body and slight brain damage. As he is now, he is cured of all that. Still, he does have one of Kindred's centipedes (ceti eel?) In him. So even if he is, it can be waved away later as being the result of that.

Otto going back to status quo wasn't a matter of "if", but "when". Now the way they achieved that is up to personal debate. I do feel using Mephisto yet again was just a cop out. Plain old lazy.
    I knew it was going to happen. Hoped I could have both. The way it was done, ugh

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed.I wasn't suggesting that the new run will be back in black style.Just that we will get a similar Spidey in Spencer's run.Only 1 or 2 issues if the run ends by 875 or more if it goes on till 800 or more.we already have seen aunt may getting attacked at feast and May's death is a big part of OMD .Also the panel where we have May telling Peter she thinks FEAST center destruction may be her fault has major BiB vibes for me.Also hunted had peter needing to learn and stuff.This entire run peter has been broken down and he is barely holding on.Would love peter to cut loose and give Kindred,Harry,Norman,etc.the business.
    Also the fact that we are getting 2 giant size issues,so many consecutive weeks for ASM and the fact that Sinister wars is a mini and not part of ASM and on top of that the solicit states that "IT.ALL.COMES.DOWN.TO.THIS." makes me think that 74(875) is gonna be a finale and then we either get aftermath or new run
    I do not see Spencer lasting until 900. I think the final issue will be between 875 and 880. Why? 1: The Sinister Six/Savage Six issues are outside of Amazing and they will probably at a higher price. and except for Kindred/OMD ( and possibly an epilogue issue) Spencer has told his story. 2: I also think this is about extra numbered Amazing issues which allows writer X the opportunity to essentially Game Plan for the 60th Anniversary of Spider-Man followed by Amazing 900.

Extraordinary Member

I do not see Spencer lasting until 900. I think the final issue will be between 875 and 880. Why? 1: The Sinister Six/Savage Six issues are outside of Amazing and they will probably at a higher price. and except for Kindred/OMD ( and possibly an epilogue issue) Spencer has told his story. 2: I also think this is about extra numbered Amazing issues which allows writer X the opportunity to essentially Game Plan for the 60th Anniversary of Spider-Man followed by Amazing 900.
    I said the same thing...........

Any speculation on who you think the next writer will be? I’ve enjoyed the hell out of Spencer’s run.