Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Always Rakzo

Default Nightwing #79 Discussion/Spoilers

Same old Tom Taylor.

Just like in the previous issue, there are a few things to like. Once again, I feel like Taylor gets Dick's voice for the most part as well as his dynamic with Barbara, there are a few good jokes here and there while at the same time, some cool references to Dick's past (nothing too obscure because that's out of Taylor's grasp obviously).

However, there's the usual Taylor's bluntness like the first thing that Dick believes he has to do with his new money is helping poor people because that's "something that Bruce didn't do". First of all, I'm not even that familiar with Batman stories and even I know that Bruce sure as hell did a lot for the people of Gotham as Bruce Wayne just like like he did as Batman so this is another off take by Taylor. Second, Dick giving food to a bunch of homeless people is the most obvious thing anyone could have done and yet Taylor wants to make it pass like a charming scene (and even worse, somehow make it preachy). Third, there's very little plot progression once again aside from a set-up for what's up to come.

No complaints about Bruno Redondo. Beautiful characters, style and storytelling. Keep doing what you're doing man.

No surprises so far. Too bad I'm too familiar with the writer.