Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Alfred didn’t give Dick the money cause he was wise with money, but because he thought Dick was genuinely good and so he can trust that what would be done with the money would be genuinely good. The whole dynamic with the idea is that Dick isn’t someone from money. But a kid from a circus who was uncomfortable seeing someone do his dishes.

Also with the kids, like you said Dick was shocked. He didn’t know what do in the moment. As he was shocked. It was only after that he could think on it and ask what he can do for them.

I agree that it's the main dynamic, but "I planned to come to you for advice" suggests imo that Dick has some practice. Narratively pretending that Dick has never handled big sums of money and doesn't know anything about money, is certainly a choice that can be made, but it's not something I will ever see as a positive development.

Deciding that he will be their safety net is not asking them what he can do for them, and it's not as if he had any meaningful conversations with the other homeless citizens that appeared in this Issue either. He wasn't in shock during the pizza party.

Again though, he wanted advice from him in how to do good things with it. Not financial advice on good investments. Narratively the point isn’t about whether or not Dick knows anything about money. But that he’s not from it or motivated by it, and that he is someone that can be trusted to instinctively want to do good. Alfred wasn’t making a financial investment, he was trusting that Dick would do good. Money is power and Alfred is safeguarding who he trusts to wield that power.

He wasn’t asking them, he was asking himself. They were a hard reality that reflected Bludhaven in general. He’s not looking to just save the homeless but Bludhaven in general. The issue was trying to make a point about Bludhaven and how bad it is. The homeless kids just further opened his eyes that he needs to do more for the city.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-22-2021 at 05:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    So....Dick went from the leader of the Titans, a detective and a hero to a meme sensation...wow! these run is doing wonder for him.

The whole set up become even more stupid when you remember neither Dick nor Barbara have ever managed money, they don't make money, I don't even know if either of them has had a remunerated job in this continuity. I hate when they write a dumb Dick, and this one that is looking like an authentic fool.
    Are you new? He's been a meme for a while. It's usually his butt.

Joke, but seriously, people knows he's the leader of Titans, detective, and hero. They still know that. You're missing the point.

I bring up the meme because the main thing Bruce was known for is not helping people outside costume, but beating bad guys, because not enough scenes of that happen in the movie or comics, and even if it does, people still remember cool villains, toys and fight scenes better.

By having less fights and more charity, more character moment, at least for now, this Nightwing series gives that what people want: a billionaire who gets down and help people directly, even if it's unsubtle as ****... no... because it's unsubtle that people remember.

Yes, Dick and Babs have managed money, they're adults. Dick have managed Haly's Circus twice in two continuities, the money's just never this big, so his spending is impulsive.

Remember, we're merely hours from when he first received the news. First he ordered 4 slices, because he's not used to not having extra money, he's literally just broke an hour ago, then he treats the neighborhood, because hey, I have that much money, I can help, then finally, after the euphoria is over and reality sets in, he remembers what kind of city he's in, okay, I'm gonna use it to help the city.

How long it happened and the thought process make sense.

Let's say the poor guy and his kid doesn't show up, Dick and Babs would've returned to the apartment and maybe plan better, but they did, so he's like, okay, let's have a party right now.

About Dick being dumb/incompetent, I've been around online and the only people concerned about that are
    - some reviewers
    - concerned longtime Nightwing fans because he's been nerfed or worfed a lot.
    Which is fair, but the other half don't care. They like the charity, the cute moments, the Bat group chat, the art, etc.

What I mean is, his rep doesn't suffer with this.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-23-2021 at 07:27 AM.

Imo it’s a fun read