Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Omniman (Invincible) VS Graviton ( Avengers Earth Mightest Heroes)

Cartoon versions of both.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

In a rumble, Nolan should win by blitz.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I don't know... Graviton is pretty stupidly durable.

Dude is pretty much unphased by everything the Avengers threw at him with the exception of Thor hitting him with a lightning bolt that seems to obliterate pretty much a couple of entire city blocks and he's still alive afterward.

Wasp's blasts that cut through shipping containers like cheese hitting him in the face? Annoying at best.

Tony unloading a unibeam the size of train that blasts him into the ground, doesn't slow him down.

Hulk smacking him around, at best dazes him.

Omniman is faster certainly but Graviton just has to last long enough to literally think to throw up his shields and then he can just continually smash him with gravity until he gives out and cartoon Nolan doesn't really have the onscreen strength feats to suggest he hits hard enough to kill him before he thinks.

Plus Nolan seems to be a lot more fragile than his comic counterpart so I don't think Graviton will have much of an issue putting the hurt on him.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 04-21-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I'm not overwhelmingly attached to one side or the other. Nolan is implied to be class 100 ish - when he's talking about pushing a much larger meteor than Mark out of kill-earth trajectory, when he trivially wastes the aliens' civilisation, when you see what adult Vitrulmites do in his story telling, but yeah, I guess a lot of those feats are either heresay or glammed up.
    OTOH, his speed is pretty damn good and he's going to hit Graviton a LOT of times before the dude can do anything about it. Can also like fly in and push his fingers through the guy's eyes, preventing him from seeing and therefore effectively using his powers.

Could be wrong though.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Going with Omni Man, last episode not only showcased his speed but the sheer durability of the man

spoilers:
    pinpoint house explosion, followed by hammer of god style space laser, four of the cyborgs that messed up invincible, a juiced up Kaiju, and Immortal who looks like he's about a class 80, and he wasn't showing more than a few bruises, and a bloody nose by the end.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Yeah, newest episode really had some stellar durability feats.

Shades of AKIRA for those who know

This makes Red Rush pretty fucking ridiculous though, holy ****.

Extraordinary Member

Omni-Man is definitely touch, though I don't think he ever gets hit by anything with as much oomph as Graviton

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Going with Omni Man, last episode not only showcased his speed but the sheer durability of the man

spoilers:
    pinpoint house explosion, followed by hammer of god style space laser, four of the cyborgs that messed up invincible, a juiced up Kaiju, and Immortal who looks like he's about a class 80, and he wasn't showing more than a few bruises, and a bloody nose by the end.
    end of spoilers
    I saw no speed feats worth mentioning outside of flying travel speed feats. If anything his speed showed off some low showings during his talk with Cecil who teleported around him every time Nolan tried(and failed)to hit or grab him.
    Last edited by Cody; 04-26-2021 at 06:04 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, newest episode really had some stellar durability feats.

Shades of AKIRA for those who know

This makes Red Rush pretty fucking ridiculous though, holy ****.
    I'd say that the latest episode retroactively hypes up all of the Guardians of the Globe since they messed up Omni-man more than all the stuff he went through here did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'd say that the latest episode retroactively hypes up all of the Guardians of the Globe since they messed up Omni-man more than all the stuff he went through here did.
    Its consistent with their portrayal in the comic as a legit threat to Omnimans plans, it was why he killed them in the first place.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Its consistent with their portrayal in the comic as a legit threat to Omnimans plans, it was why he killed them in the first place.
    To be fair, he also reveals that part of why he did it so fast in the comics was because he didn't want to give himself time to think about what he was doing and let his reluctance stop him. It is entirely possible that he's subconsciously holding back against them until the points that he delivers the kill blows. Which neatly explains why he can trade blows pretty evenly with Immortal but then tears the guy in half. (Immortal still has good feats though for collateral damage and chucking people into space, regardless of how hard Nolan went on him.)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    To be fair, he also reveals that part of why he did it so fast in the comics was because he didn't want to give himself time to think about what he was doing and let his reluctance stop him. It is entirely possible that he's subconsciously holding back against them until the points that he delivers the kill blows. Which neatly explains why he can trade blows pretty evenly with Immortal but then tears the guy in half. (Immortal still has good feats though for collateral damage and chucking people into space, regardless of how hard Nolan went on him.)
    I'm not sure about this, because Nolan outright admitted to Mark that it was because they were the only threat to him conquering the planet, thus the real reason as to why he took them out by surprise, and why they more or less Curbstomp him in an alternate timeline when Mark gave them backup.

Immortal is just an inconsistent mess, unfortunately. He goes from hitting Nolan so hard that he coughs out blood(both in comic and show), to being incapable of making Mark so much as feel his attacks back when Mark was still weaker than his dad.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Immortal is just an inconsistent mess, unfortunately. He goes from hitting Nolan so hard that he coughs out blood(both in comic and show), to being incapable of making Mark so much as feel his attacks back when Mark was still weaker than his dad.
    When did this happen in the comic? I would need to check but I don't recall him hitting Omniman to that level of effect.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm the comic there's some minor blood flying around when Immortal bops Nolan in their first one on one fight. But there's no blood on Nolan in the next label. I think it is more likely Immortal's hands were bleeding to be honest.

Also, I wouldn't say the curb stomp him in the rematch. Immortal got disemboweled, and as Mark pointed out the had to keep him off balance and the longer the fight went the more likely they would lose. And they only managed to win thanks to a phasing attack that bypassed his durability. Had it stuck to s slugfest I'm pretty sure he would have won. At best I could see the Guardians doing as well as they did in the show.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 04-28-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    When did this happen in the comic? I would need to check but I don't recall him hitting Omniman to that level of effect.
    When they first fought in the air, exactly like in the show in the recent episode:

Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral