Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'm the comic there's some minor blood flying around when Immortal bops Nolan in their first one on one fight. But there's no blood on Nolan in the next label. I think it is more likely Immortal's hands were bleeding to be honest.

Also, I wouldn't say the curb stomp him in the rematch. Immortal got disemboweled, and as Mark pointed out the had to keep him off balance and the longer the fight went the more likely they would lose. And they only managed to win thanks to a phasing attack that bypassed his durability. Had it stuck to s slugfest I'm pretty sure he would have won. At best I could see the Guardians doing as well as they did in the show.
    As seen in the pic above, it wasn't immortals blood, his fists are just fine, its Nolans coming out of his mouth.

With Mark there? I'd say Nolan would be screwed. If we can agree it would go down like it did in the show, with Nolan losing consciousness right after, then with Mark there it should be a clear win against Nolan. Especially if the Martian wraps around him, in which case he is being hammered by his son and two people who hit hard enough to hurt him, and by a speedster who can machine gun into him without having to worry about his head being turned into mush.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    When they first fought in the air, exactly like in the show in the recent episode:

I mean, that's not coughing blood.

That could be like a nose bleed or a split lip. Nolan doesn't seem remotely phased by it. Making someone "cough up blood," summons a much more serious impact than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, that's not coughing blood.

That could be like a nose bleed or a split lip. Nolan doesn't seem remotely phased by it. Making someone "cough up blood," summons a much more serious impact than that.
    Yeah I misremembered, could have sworn it was a decent amount, but id say its a lot more than a split lip or anything like that. In both panels we see blood coming out of Nolan the same way it came out of Immortal right after Nolan punched him. It shows he harmed him enough to make him bleed.

Compare that to when he hit Mark and failed to even make him feel anything, let alone pain, during a time Mark was still weaker than his dad.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Yeah I misremembered, could have sworn it was a decent amount, but id say its a lot more than a split lip or anything like that. In both panels we see blood coming out of Nolan the same way it came out of Immortal right after Nolan punched him. It shows he harmed him enough to make him bleed.

Compare that to when he hit Mark and failed to even make him feel anything, let alone pain, during a time Mark was still weaker than his dad.
    I mean, there isn't any evidence of Nolan actually being meaningfully damaged, which is kind of telling in a series like Invincible that goes all in on injury detail and the like.

I think if we are meant to infer that Immortal is capable of really hurting Omniman, we would see it much more clearly.

You could easily get the amount of blood shown there out of a nosebleed. It's not really showing Immortal achieving anything, especially since Nolan punches straight through him and tears him in half on that next page.

And like, what's your point here? Regardless of interpretation of the above page, Immortal is consistently shown as being significantly beneath Viltrumites, the only question is quite how far.

When they first fought in the air, exactly like in the show in the recent episode:

"snip"

I find it amusing he didn't even bother ripping the collar off in the comic

I mean, there isn't any evidence of Nolan actually being meaningfully damaged, which is kind of telling in a series like Invincible that goes all in on injury detail and the like.
    The point is he hurt him. Someone who fails to make Mark feel anything shouldn't be able to make a stronger guy feel anything, let alone slightly bleed.

I think if we are meant to infer that Immortal is capable of really hurting Omniman, we would see it much more clearly.
    When did I say he was "really hurting" him? I said he harmed him, not much, but enough to see blood, which he couldn't do to Mark, at all:

There was another altercation between the two, but I can't find it. In that short tussle, I think Mark even said he couldn't feel his attacks iirc.

Like, im sorry if I am not properly articulating what I mean here, but I fail to see how this is something that is debatable. We see the difference between the two events in question with our eyeballs. It doesn't matter the severity of the pain Nolan felt, the point is he should not have even budged let alone feel a thing from Immortal.

You could easily get the amount of blood shown there out of a nosebleed. It's not really showing Immortal achieving anything, especially since Nolan punches straight through him and tears him in half on that next page.
    We know it wasn't his nose by virtue of it being okay, we know where the blood came from, it was the exact same thing that happened to immortal in the very same page I provided, it doesn't matter how much, the fact is IT HURT. Hell, even then it is inconsistent because by virtue of Nolan punching through Immortal, he should have punched hia jaw clean off in the page above, yet didn't because Immortal is inconsistent.

And like, what's your point here? Regardless of interpretation of the above page, Immortal is consistently shown as being significantly beneath Viltrumites, the only question is quite how far.
    That Immortal is an inconsistent mess. As I said. He later gets harmed by an explosion later in the series, which shouldn't be a thing for a guy who could even take a light jab from a Viltrumite(though it was an explosion from a bomb that was inside of him, to be fair).
    Last edited by Cody; 04-29-2021 at 09:53 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

There was another altercation between the two, but I can't find it. In that short tussle, I think Mark even said he couldn't feel his attacks iirc.
    Okay, so in that video, that's an alternate future version of Immortal who is literally trying to goad Mark into killing him, that doesn't really support him hitting as hard he did when he was actively trying to kill Omniman.

The only other time they had a fight that of sorts that I can recall was when Immortal was on a power trip against the sequids and Mark body checked him and held him down. No real blows are exchanged though.

I think you're conflating that with his brief tussle with Allen who did comment that he barely felt Immortal's attacks. Allen at that time was way above Invincible and potentially above Nolan as well.

I think the page you've posted is more an example of Kirkman not having fully figured out his hierarchy at that point. All the other instances are from like six books into the storyline when things are more concrete.

My feeling is it's less that Immortal is, as you put it, an inconsistent mess, I think it's more that one feat is kinda SMvsFL. Beyond that he's pretty consistent for my money.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Okay, so in that video, that's an alternate future version of Immortal who is literally trying to goad Mark into killing him, that doesn't really support him hitting as hard he did when he was actively trying to kill Omniman.

The only other time they had a fight that of sorts that I can recall was when Immortal was on a power trip against the sequids and Mark body checked him and held him down. No real blows are exchanged though.

I think you're conflating that with his brief tussle with Allen who did comment that he barely felt Immortal's attacks. Allen at that time was way above Invincible and potentially above Nolan as well.

I think the page you've posted is more an example of Kirkman not having fully figured out his hierarchy at that point. All the other instances are from like six books into the storyline when things are more concrete.

My feeling is it's less that Immortal is, as you put it, an inconsistent mess, I think it's more that one feat is kinda SMvsFL. Beyond that he's pretty consistent for my money.
    I'm with Nik here. There's ultimately just too much evidence of Immortal being weak sauce compared to even pretty early Mark. Mark also used Immortal as a hand to hand weapon to bludgeon the rest of the Guardians in that Wolfman crossover, and was convinced Allen would easily kill Immortal before Allen had even said how much stronger he was.

I mean, Mark made Thragg's nose bleed a little in their first fight. He was still completely outmatched.

Extraordinary Member

Is debating the comic versions really relevant here given that this is the cartoon version of Omni-Man?

Wolfman crossover was the other event I was talking about, thanks Cap.

Hopefully Immortals current performance in the show will be consistent throughout the series.

Also hope Abe isn't written as the pompous ass he was near the beginning of the comic series considering he's one of the few US Presidents that wasn't a war criminal and actually had integrity. And a soul.
    Last edited by Cody; 04-29-2021 at 02:47 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

To be fair he's probably entitled to be the ass he was after being betrayed and murdered along with his friends like he was, the fact that he gets better with time supports that he's probably wrestling some extreme emotional/mental trauma

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    To be fair he's probably entitled to be the ass he was after being betrayed and murdered along with his friends like he was, the fact that he gets better with time supports that he's probably wrestling some extreme emotional/mental trauma
    Eh, he got better. What with being immortal and all.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Good point, hope that is explored then if that is the case.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

I’m thinking Omniman stomps now...

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Well we got a few major new feats.

1) He punches someone across a city and through a building-- the same trajectory sends Mark the street, carving a trail of destruction through the solid pavement that stretched more than a city block. Shades of the "World of Cardboard" punch, with more death and destruction.

2) Punching someone so hard a nearby mountain has cracks open and an avalanche occurs.

3) Effectively Hancocking a subway train, except instead of being stopped and derailed the train just got shredded around him as he casually stood there.

Looking at the clip posted, I'd say Nolan's damage output seems comparable to the Hulks, but he has speed and flight to let him keep the pressure on a lot better. So it depends on how fast we think Nolan is. The best reaction feat is probably Mark taking William out of a building, on a flight, and back again in the space of about 3 seconds. Exact speeds are hard to gauge, but that sort of precision maneuvering would definitely require some good reflexes. And Nolan seems to be able to treat Mark as a statue when he wants to.

I'm inclined to think that if Hulk could knock Graviton around and daze him, Nolan can probably pour that on faster and keep him from being able to focus his powers. It wouldn't be a "split second blitz you dead" thing, but if Graviton gets rag-dolled enough he probably can't think about this.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 04-30-2021 at 10:11 PM.