Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I got this audio book and listened to it years ago. I remember it being interesting, but nothing specific about it.

It's Scorsese with Leo and DeNiro, so it should be good. But honestly, I'm actually a bit annoyed that he made this and not Devil and The White City, which I desperately want to be turned into a film.

I tried watching Dunkirk, and turned it off after about 40 minutes (if that). It was the first time I've ever felt intensely bored in a war film.

Tenet was the first movie that I ever had to turn the subtitles on to understand the dialogue, because the audio mix was so unbalanced. The score and every ambient noise drowned out the dialogue. I had a similar complaint when I watched Oppenheimer.
    I would totally love a Devil and the White City movie done right. That book was great, and read like a novel, but I also have an interest in the history and architecture of the World's Fair. Killers of the Flower Moon wasn't as well written, but the events made it seem more like a novel.

I enjoyed Dunkirk, but if I hadn't seen a the BBC mini-series on Dunkirk a few days before the movie, I'd have been lost. The BBC version was a more straightforward take that explained exactly what was going on. That said, it wasn't the best war, and considering the cast and the subject, was disappointing.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This is a good and rich film on multiple villains. Lily Gladstone excels in a difficult performance, depicting someone poisoned by her family unable to articulate her suspicions. DeCaprio is bold for his willingness to play someone so vile and stupid. We've been waiting decades for a Scorsese/ DeCaprio/ De Niro film and it is worth the wait. The commentary is interesting. Brendan Fraser, John Lithgow and Jesse Pleimons are great. I don't mind a surprise Oscar nomination for any of them, although it may be a good idea to push for Tantoo Cardinal or Cara Jade Myers in the now open Best Supporting Actress category, with their depiction of other victims of the plot. This is an important film that allows for a lot of nuance and discussion, without obscuring how vile the betrayal was.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Some theaters started showing the movie with an intermission.

https://www.indiewire.com/news/gener...er-1234920973/

Editor Thelma Schoonmaker complained.

The studios intervened, informing the movies that this violates their contract.

I can see both sides.

I get the idea that this changes the presentation of the film, and that people could just miss a few minutes of the film.

On the other hand, it's worse for an individual's experience if they miss part of a film because of nature's call. It could be crucial set-up or payoff. That isn't part of the intended experience.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

I gor to watch this on an empty IMAX screen. The film was fine...it's mid level Scorcese not a top ten film of his. I think it had a number narrative problems most of the killers and victims were background characters. I wonder if Apple has a 6 hour cut of the film because it felt like a lot of stuff was cut out.

Will this introduce any new Leo memes?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Will this introduce any new Leo memes?
    Maybe, his character is a complete doofus and there is one scene with Dinero in a room with a funny hat doing something to Leo that I won't spoil.