Thread: River Phoenix

Mighty Member

Default River Phoenix

So Matthew Perry passed away sadly a few days before the 30th anniversary of River's tragic death. Man, River was a great actor it's truly a shame. He'd already nabbed an Oscar nom but it would have been great to see him alongside Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise with Interview with a Vampire. I think probably he would have been catapulted into superstar territory after that. One thing I read that was also very interesting is that he was carrying around a copy of The Basketball Diaries memoir at one point expressing interest in the role. He was also interested in Total Eclipse and Arthur Rimbaud and James Cameron had him as his first choice for Titanic. Wow. so, all three of these roles went to Leonardo Dicaprio. It makes me think of what Leo's career wouldve been like if River had nabbed those 3 roles.

Certainly Titanic made Dicaprio a superstar. But he is such a talented actor that I have no doubt he would have still had a big career. Maybe not as big without Titanic, but still a star.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!