Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Martin Scorsese's Killers of the Flower Moon

Martin Scorsese's Killers of the Flower Moon Starts Filming in Oklahoma anyone know anything about the plot?

https://screenrant.com/killers-flowe...start-details/

I hope it’s not an origin story- they’re all kind of the same.

The article explains the plot and story.

The film, based on David Grann's bestselling true-crime book of the same name, is set in 1920s Oklahoma and depicts the mysterious murders of the members of the Osage Nation. This string of brutal crimes, which were committed with the intent of stealing their oil wealth, became known as the Reign of Terror.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Oh, good to hear. Forgot he was making this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I hope it’s not an origin story- they’re all kind of the same.
    It's a Martin Scorcese picture, how on earth could it be an origin story? That's like saying "I hope it's not a bright and optimistic story" when the director is Zach Snyder.

I'm really excited for this. I'm not much of a fan of the FBI, but I don't think it's a movie that needs to necessarily glorify the FBI to exist. So long as the film spends its time focusing on atrocities committed by the United States government against indigenous populations, it will be fine.

It's Scorsese though, so I expect it to be good. Even the movies of his that I'm not massive on still have something for me to connect with.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's a Martin Scorcese picture, how on earth could it be an origin story? That's like saying "I hope it's not a bright and optimistic story" when the director is Zach Snyder.
    This person only seems to know how to make these kinds of, "witty" posts. But hey, if they're amused it's otherwise harmless.

BANNED

Scorsese and Crime movies have become so interchangeable like time and space in science fiction stories.

I am not sure these guy loved making Hugo. I thought he would have branched off more from that to give his filmography a lot more variety, but nope. he did more crime movies and more crime movies and even more crimes movies.

Give it 15 years and Chris Nolan will be climb above Scorsese in the best directors list.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-22-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Directors aren't rated by lesser efforts late in their career. They are judged by their best work.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Directors aren't rated by lesser efforts late in their career. They are judged by their best work.
    Directors are not judged by their best work. they are judged by their overall body of work which many times transcends many film genres.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Directors are not judged by their best work. they are judged by their overall body of work which many times transcends many film genres.
    Not their single best work, their overall best work. And lesser works at the end of their careers aren't considered. Nobody discounts Hitchcock because of Frenzy and Family Plot. Or David Lean because of Ryan's Daughter and Passage to India.

And what are we talking about with Scorsese? I admit The Irishmanh felt like a retread, and we can't judge this movie until we see it. But his last 3 movies were Hugo, Wolf of Wall St., and Silence. I don't see those hurting his reputation. Yeah, he does more movies about criminals than other types. So what? John Ford did mostly Westerns. Anybody saying he wasn't great?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-22-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Scorsese and Crime movies have become so interchangeable like time and space in science fiction stories.

I am not sure these guy loved making Hugo. I thought he would have branched off more from that to give his filmography a lot more variety, but nope. he did more crime movies and more crime movies and even more crimes movies.

Give it 15 years and Chris Nolan will be climb above Scorsese in the best directors list.
    What's worng with crime movie's? So what if he keep doing them? He's good at it so why not as for Scorsese vs Nolan both have pris and cons but I think Scorsese has done better movies

Scorsese has done 8 crime movies in 25 feature length fiction movies. He's almost done as many music documentaries as crime movies. Public perception of Scorsese as a crime director really isn't his fault. It's just that Goodfellas is his most popular movie.

And Nolan is going to need to remember how to make a good movie if he wants to surpass Scorsese.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Scorsese has done 8 crime movies in 25 feature length fiction movies. He's almost done as many music documentaries as crime movies. Public perception of Scorsese as a crime director really isn't his fault. It's just that Goodfellas is his most popular movie.

And Nolan is going to need to remember how to make a good movie if he wants to surpass Scorsese.
    You don't think Nolan has made good movies?

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

To be fair, Nolan also needs to diversify his portfolio too. I'd love to see him do a romance or an animated film. Maybe even a mystery or thriller.

He's great at action, but he can struggle with character work. I'd like to see him do work that's more than the spectacle.

I say this as a huge Nolan fan, but someone like Denis is better than him as he can literally do whatever he wants, along with the spectacle.