Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    I believe half the cast is going to be Native American, also the movie takes place in the 1920's and deals with the FBI so gay black females...not really realistic.

And while you are clearly an ignorant of Scorsese's work the man does a tremendous amount for international works

Also Scorsese isn’t from Boston lol and I can’t think of many films if any where his lead from Boston

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Also Scorsese isn’t from Boston lol and I can’t think of many films if any where his lead from Boston
    I believe it's just The Departed. I think Shutter Island takes place in New England, but it doesn't really factor into the film, if it does. Weird to mention Boston when Scorsese is the quintessential New York City director.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I believe it's just The Departed. I think Shutter Island takes place in New England, but it doesn't really factor into the film, if it does. Weird to mention Boston when Scorsese is the quintessential New York City director.
    ...Yeah, the Boston comment is weird, he's came up as the director who captured the real feel of NYC...that's literally his biggest claim to fame.

Extraordinary Member

Even in the Departed Leo is the main star. Damon is the antagonist and Wahlberg is a supporting character. But that's really it for a film based in Boston.

Interesting, when I read the book and heard Leo was going to be in the movie I figured he'd be playing Tom White.

Mighty Member

Default Killers of the Flower Moon new trailer

This was released a week or 2 ago. I think it's another great Scorsese movie. I will say they did Brendan Fraser and John Lithgow dirty. Fraser is an Oscar winner this year and he's just barely featured in the trailer and Lithgow is a two time Oscar and Emmy nominee/winner and they don't even bother to show him.

Both are barely in the movie so why should they advertise them?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Directors aren't rated by lesser efforts late in their career. They are judged by their best work.
    I agree completely. Later work can only elevate a director's reputation. And from the reviews, that is what happened here. It's not much of a shock since The Departed, Hugo, Shutter Island and the Irishman were quite good.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It's a gripping trailer and the film sounds like interesting subject matter.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

This and Oppenheimer are really the only films that have my interest (well, and Egger's Nosferatu of course).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

The book was great! History that I wasn't aware of, with a connection to the FBI. Definitely looking forward to seeing the movie.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The trailer looks real good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I agree completely. Later work can only elevate a director's reputation. And from the reviews, that is what happened here. It's not much of a shock since The Departed, Hugo, Shutter Island and the Irishman were quite good.
    What about Silence?

I got this audio book and listened to it years ago. I remember it being interesting, but nothing specific about it.

It's Scorsese with Leo and DeNiro, so it should be good. But honestly, I'm actually a bit annoyed that he made this and not Devil and The White City, which I desperately want to be turned into a film.

I think he has. I just think it's been a while. I tried to watch Inception a few weeks back and I did not like it as much as I did when I first saw it, I don't think the Dark Knight Rises was a decent follow up to The Dark Knight, I hated Interstellar, and while Dunkirk was mostly good, he still couldn't get out of his own way and just tell the story. Not everything has to play with time. Then of course, Tenet, which could be re-titled "All My Bad Habits: The Movie."

Nolan is a really good director, but at this point I wonder if has it in him to become one of the greats. Early in his career he made Memento, The Prestige, Insomnia, The Dark Knight (another movie I don't love, but I recognize the quality). These movies had human characters, interesting perspectives, deeper themes that seem to be missing from his later career and it's a real shame.
    I tried watching Dunkirk, and turned it off after about 40 minutes (if that). It was the first time I've ever felt intensely bored in a war film.

Tenet was the first movie that I ever had to turn the subtitles on to understand the dialogue, because the audio mix was so unbalanced. The score and every ambient noise drowned out the dialogue. I had a similar complaint when I watched Oppenheimer.