Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

True story, but the whole spoilers:
    getting casually ripped in half
    end of spoilers part was less impressive.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

He did a lot better than the last time though.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Nah you're giving him too much credit... Nolan didn't work that hard.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

At least he could take a hit from Omniman. Can't say the same for Homelander.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Nah you're giving him too much credit... Nolan didn't work that hard.
    C'mon, Nolan finished that fight with slightly red eyes. Huge damage output from Honest Abe.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

C'mon, Nolan finished that fight with slightly red eyes. Huge damage output from Honest Abe.
    He was getting beat on harder by Cthuldog.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

honestly Immortal may have done more damage than readily apparent, Viltrumite's have a pretty insane healing factor on top of all the other hax powers they have, so long as their heart is intact they can heal back from virtually anything including major loss of body parts/mass. The following feat is a massive major spoiler towards the end of the comic run so you've been warnedspoilers:
    Thragg ironically does a damn near identical attack on Nolan(punch through the chest, then rips him near in half, his entire abdomen was basically gone), and Nolan only dies days later by which point he's regened practically all the outer damage back, and it ONLY proves fatal ultimately because the attack nicked his heart which slowed down his healing factor
    end of spoilers

even the short amount of time he had his eyes closed after the eye gouging may have been enough time to heal a bit
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-26-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

To be fair, that example and many others involve also getting sci fi medical treatment. But Mark has at least one feat of healing from pretty significant damage on his own, it just takes a while.

Honestly, the thing that sets Viltrulmites apart from other bricks isn't really durability or even their healing factor. It is damage soak-- the ability to sustain significant injuries and still survive or even keep fighting. They are the barbarians of the Superman analogues. The fact that they make full recoveries from crazy injuries is less impressive than how much fight they put up while aquiring them.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    To be fair, that example and many others involve also getting sci fi medical treatment. But Mark has at least one feat of healing from pretty significant damage on his own, it just takes a while.

Honestly, the thing that sets Viltrulmites apart from other bricks isn't really durability or even their healing factor. It is damage soak-- the ability to sustain significant injuries and still survive or even keep fighting. They are the barbarians of the Superman analogues. The fact that they make full recoveries from crazy injuries is less impressive than how much fight they put up while aquiring them.
    So they are basically the John Wick of Supef people.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

None of the Seven have any answer to Green Ghost's intangibility. Then again, she has no answer to A-Train's speed or Homelander's flight. Those are the only two she couldn't take out by herself; the rest she phases them deep into the ground and lets them suffocate to death.

As for the other 2, Red Rush takes out A-Train, and the rest all gang up on Homelander.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

that's a point, there's at least three different Viltrumites on two occasions that keep fighting after having all their skin and flesh basically burned away on near if not 100% of their body

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    that's a point, there's at least three different Viltrumites on two occasions that keep fighting after having all their skin and flesh basically burned away on near if not 100% of their body
    Conquest was disemboweled IIRC, and still thrashed all **** out of Mark to boot.

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Conquest was disemboweled IIRC, and still thrashed all **** out of Mark to boot.
    Not quite, I'll spoiler tag out of courtesy.

spoilers:
    Conquest round 1, Mark busted his robot arm (shattering his own in the process) Eve blasted off most of his epidermal shell, then Mark headbutted him in the face like 50 times until Conquest's face was mostly caved in. This was after Mark and Conquest had been fighting for like an hour already and tearing vast swathes of destruction across the planet.

Cecil then sealed Conquest up to his neck in a 400 ton block of solid titanium, placed him in facility three miles below the surface set to explode and collapse on him if he so much as twitched.

Conquest woke up a few months later, mostly fully healed, and just busted straight out through all that with no issues.

Round 2, Mark managed to get a strangle on Conquest when his lungs are mostly empty and they then wrestled with such force that it mostly levelled the mountain range they are fighting in. Conquest shattered most of Mark's ribs and largely disemboweled him, pulled his intestines out and ****, but he refused to let go and then Conquest died of oxygen deprivation.

Mark was then unconscious for like three months, Nolan and Oliver feeding him mostly liquids but he healed up just fine.
    end of spoilers

So asphyxiation is an option with Viltrumites but you have to get them when they exhale, otherwise they can hold their breath for weeks at a time.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    so long as their heart is intact they can heal back from virtually anything including major loss of body parts/mass.
    Just to note as well, this is not completely accurate. They seem to be able to regrow internal organs only, their healing has some pretty clear limitations.

Conquest lost most of an arm and an eye prior to the his appearance in the series and had to replace them with prosthetics. Nolan destroyed... not Lucan... *looks him up* Kregg! Nolan destroyed Kregg's eye during combat and he had to replace that with a prosthetic one as well.

Also, Pitt killed an alternate universe Mark by stabbing his fingers through his eye sockets into his brain so brain death appears to work as well.

They can heal good but they aren't Wolverine like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Nolan destroyed... not Lucan... *looks him up* Kregg! Nolan destroyed Kregg's eye during combat and he had to replace that with a prosthetic one as well.
    Correction: Kregg and Nolan never fought. Yes he had lost an eye during the Viltrumite civil war, but luckily for Nolan, he Kregg and never fought. You're thinking of the Viltrumites Nolan and Mark fought on tje bug planet. Kregg is seemingly a step above Conquest in terms of rank(ordering Conquest to kneel before Thragg while standing right beside said leader of the Viltrumites)and likely ability(he seemed to go toe to toe with a buffed Alan off panel during the final battle between the coalition and Viltrumite empire) and is portrayed as of comparable status to Anisa (who beat down Mark as easily as Alan did Nolan during a time Mark was as strong as his dad).
    Last edited by Cody; 04-27-2021 at 03:28 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral