Page 184 of 208 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I liked the current issue but at the same time I feel like the series has slowed down a bit. I was beyond excited months ago about every upcoming issue and now I am just...whatever.
    well hope your use to this decompression because this plot won't even begin to wrap up till August (maybe even September before the big crossover) with a backdoor pilot for Dreamer OG sidequest in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I was told that Damian's portrayal wasn't great either, but my friend said Jon was written really badly as well. That comment about pride = riots sounds too cringeworthy to be true, but I've since seen the cropped panels on Twitter.

Also, thank you for the correction on Devin's preferred pronouns. I'll edit that into my original post.
    Damian was referencing Stonewall riots and my reading was he was taking a stand against the police [the press excerpt from Connor's coming out stated that he would be playing that role even before the anthology came out]

Jon's tone deaf remark was stating that Pride was just a party these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    In an interview with AIPT, Taylor admits he would have preferred to have spent more time putting Jon and Jay in a relationship before the kiss, but it seems DC pushed him to write the kiss before last year's National Coming Out Day.

Honestly I can understand why DC had Taylor rush the coming out story. It makes sense, PR wise.

Oh boy I’m sure Taylor will handle this with his patented tact.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Oh this is going to be good.

Oh boy you guys think we'll get a thinly veil meta-jab on readers that thinking What his face was suspicious and evil is homophobic?

but on a more serious note this just seems cliché and boring to me like we bearly even establish the relationship and now where suppose to care about it when it under attack? It just seems to be more an excuse for Taylor to praise & pushing the OC in the spot light then actually developing jon at all
    Last edited by Venomized-spider-man; 06-21-2022 at 06:29 PM.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Taylor is taking a BEATING on Twitter, even G Willow Wilson and Ram V subtweeted him. Consequences, love to see it.

Spectacular Member

I don't get it, what are people ganging up on Taylor for?

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I don't get it, what are people ganging up on Taylor for?
    The fanbase he cultivated, one primarily rooted in social media, turned on him. Main catalyst was a Nightwing cover not featuring Duke but including the dog “Haley” he introduced in his run. People have taken issue with how he’s handled social issues in the past, I know there was some criticism of his approach to racism over in X-Men Red, and I think a lot of different groups are all converging to gang up on him when the opportunity presented itself. He’s not the first creator to have a Twitter mob come after him and he won’t be the last, but honestly him getting off of Twitter would probably be the best thing possible for him. He spends way too much time trying to pander to social media to the point his comics are less actual stories than they are a serious of panels meant to be shared on social media for people to uwu and 0_0 over.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Taylor is taking a BEATING on Twitter, even G Willow Wilson and Ram V subtweeted him. Consequences, love to see it.
    I kinda agree and don't. Something like climate change could and should be solved by superheroes, but how do you even fix homophobia? Beat up everyone that says something negative about them? Mindwipe everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian was referencing Stonewall riots and my reading was he was taking a stand against the police [the press excerpt from Connor's coming out stated that he would be playing that role even before the anthology came out]

Jon's tone deaf remark was stating that Pride was just a party these days.
    I did think Jon's comment was appallingly tone deaf.
    It read to me like Damian was arming up for aggressive crowd control of the LGBT+ community. That he was preparing to defend the crowds is a much better situation but that's not how it read to me.

Since Tom Taylor has used his Nightwing run to take potshots at the American police and his previous attempts at 'social commentary' in Son of Kal-El, I'm sure this will be a nuanced examination of the deep set prejudices behind homophobia. It's not like it will take a cookie candy approach to resolve such a complex problem, when has Taylor even written like that?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Oh good grief. Really Jon! Tim felt f***ing guilty over the death of a school mate way back in Dixon's run and part of the message was that Tim, and by proxy, the reader, in civilian gear needed to play the hero role and stand up for things.

At the same time, part of the issue that Identity Crisis covered was the safety of the hero's family, the thing Peter went though that cost him his marriage.

So not only has Jon put a target on his back, but on Jay's, his grandparents, his mom and her colleagues, the steels, his cousins and his friends.

This is a dumb ass move! Part of the message should be that Jon, as Jon Kent does something not as Superman, says way more.
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 06-23-2022 at 04:11 PM.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

This issue will be...

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)