Page 125 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3110
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This debate i had before.Jon and damian pairing sucks.They are siblings.That's that.I don't care if you call me homophobe.Btw,i don't particularly care if jon decides go back in time and dates gandhi.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Jon and Damian is a creepy pairing. A three year age difference is rough. And would be weird on Damian's part. I like them better with Jay and Flatline.

I said to de-age Jon back to his Super Sons age. And then progress them into a relationship as they grow up. To be clear, I’m not saying they should be in a relationship while they’re kids, or while one of them still is…I’m saying to have them grow up and eventually their friendship turns into a relationship when they’re older.

Anyway…I think a Tim/Kon pairing works better than Jon/Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Hey , just a quick question. Did anyone think that Clark having sex with Lois before leaving Earth, will result in another pregnancy ?
    After reading that issue, right away it made me think of the possibilities for Jon having a sibling.
    Johnson said he would add a new character. It could be Superman and Lois's second child.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Anyway…I think a Tim/Kon pairing works better than Jon/Damian.
    Given that Conner's DNA is 50% Clark and 50% Lex, that might lead to some problematic ideas about sexual orientation, given that both Clark & Lex have clearly been shown as straight for decades.

If they're going to make one of the Super-family LGBTQ, Jon is the most obvious candidate, particularly given his time spent in the 31st Century, where sexuality would be a far more fluid and open society than the 21st Century.

However, pairing the now aged up Jon with the currently underaged Damian would be absolutely catastrophic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Johnson said he would add a new character. It could be Superman and Lois's second child.
    Or, more in line with the story he's telling, could mean a Phaelosian, a Warzoon or even the sleeping God hinted at in an earlier issue (if that's not the Phantom Zone entity).

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This debate i had before.Jon and damian pairing sucks.They are siblings.That's that.I don't care if you call me homophobe.Btw,i don't particularly care if jon decides go back in time and dates gandhi.
    I just don't like Jon and Damian because they're more entertaining as friends. I think they would be boring as a romance.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Given that Conner's DNA is 50% Clark and 50% Lex, that might lead to some problematic ideas about sexual orientation, given that both Clark & Lex have clearly been shown as straight for decades.

If they're going to make one of the Super-family LGBTQ, Jon is the most obvious candidate, particularly given his time spent in the 31st Century, where sexuality would be a far more fluid and open society than the 21st Century.

However, pairing the now aged up Jon with the currently underaged Damian would be absolutely catastrophic.
    I don't see Clark and Lex being straight as a problem.
    50% of my DNA comes from my dad, and 50% of my DNA comes from my mom and they're both straight, and I'm still gay.
    Despite that Connor was cloned in a lab, Clark and Lex are still his parents even if Clark doesn't like to think of it that way. What else do you call someone who gave you 50% of your DNA?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This debate i had before.Jon and damian pairing sucks.They are siblings
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I just don't like Jon and Damian because they're more entertaining as friends. I think they would be boring as a romance.

That's pretty much the boat I'm on. Whether Jon's gay, or Damian's gay, or they're both gay, I don't care. Just don't hook them up with each other. I feel the same way about Tim and Kon, but to a lesser extent.

Didio's idea of turning them into some kind of Professor X and Magneto styled rivalry was already a terrible idea, but having them become a couple is the other extreme. There's just something about their friendship that kinda...loses its spark if it becomes anything more or less than what it's always been. Though, I guess at this point Jon's used to losing the things that made him feel special.

Those two getting together would be like Damian getting with Maya. Just...no. if we're really going this route with Jon I'd rather he just keep his boring little Lois clone.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-10-2021 at 09:07 PM.

That's me as well. I don't care if either or both of them are gay, I look at their friendship and I just don't see it being anything else. Like Booster and Beetle, they're BFF's and it's too beautiful a dynamic to mess with. For what it's worth I can see Jon being attracted to the person and not the gender, and that'd include aliens of exotic biology too. Ever read Invincible? Think Kid Omni-Man. Damian, I think, shouldn't establish anything. He's a messed up, half brainwashed thirteen year old child soldier who in some ways is far too mature and in others far too immature for his age. There's a lot of growing up and healing Damian has to do before anyone should worry about his orientation, including him.

I can see Tim being bisexual but much more than that, I see him being sapiosexual (only attracted to highly intelligent people). Conner always read as straight to me, maybe "drunk bi-curious" at most.

Kara's entire personality changes every few years so she's a big "whatever." Babs has been very clearly established as straight, I think, but not so straight she's beyond a little flirting with Dinah.

Nightwing is straight. Never read as anything else to me, unless you count being a little metro. Power Girl doesn't have a deep dating history but has only been shown as straight (I don't count admiring Wonder Woman, because Diana is *everybody's* type). And I ship her and Grayson hard so I wouldn't want to change it.

John Henry Irons was straight (and he's too self-actualized and confident to hide being something else) but I don't know if his niece Natasha has ever had a love interest so she could be....??

Back in the 90's, I always had a feeling Azreal was gay.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-10-2021 at 07:44 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I can see Tim being bisexual but much more than that, I see him being sapiosexual (only attracted to highly intelligent people). Conner always read as straight to me, maybe "drunk bi-curious" at most.
    Honestly, I never really got any strong vibes of anything but straight from either of them. Despite how obvious people keep telling me it was with Tim.

If anyone in that generation was any kind of LGBT, my guess would have always been Bart. Even before the YJ cartoon gave him that implied relationship with Eduardo.

Tim was clearly written to be a good Christian boy who didn’t have sex before marriage because Dixon is a conservative. The idea Dixon of all people had any intent of Tim being gay is just not true. But when you don’t make Tim religious, and you’ve got Bruce and Dick sticking their sticks into everything they see, Tim came across as pretty gay. Dinah and Babs were also very gay unintentionally in Dixon’s BoP run lol. So when Tim floundered about because nobody could come up with an idea for what to do with him now that Damian was Robin, Tynion who self-inserted into Tim hard and is bi took over the Batbooks, and the old guard at the top were swept out, it was decided that Tim would be the “gay Robin” as a way to give him a niche in the Batfamily.

Nobody really put up a fuss because nobody cares about Tim. Self-inserters have Bruce, Dick, Jason, and Damian to choose from. Least now Tim has something that will keep him around.

Conner though:

He’s never had any interest in guys or Tim, sorry TimKon shippers. That’s not something the text supports in any way. This is one of those things where people have “fanon” and outright reject canon because it’s not what they want. Conner’s straight. Jon is probably going to be bi though so you’ll get a LGBT Super at least. Still hoping for Apollo to get inducted into the Superfamily so we can have a gay married Super as well since I never want Jon to be married to anyone. Apollo has the same basic relationship you guys want anyway since he’s married to gay Batman lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So if character doesn't have an active sex life then he is unintentionally gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Tim was clearly written to be a good Christian boy who didn’t have sex before marriage because Dixon is a conservative. The idea Dixon of all people had any intent of Tim being gay is just not true. But when you don’t make Tim religious, and you’ve got Bruce and Dick sticking their sticks into everything they see, Tim came across as pretty gay. Dinah and Babs were also very gay unintentionally in Dixon’s BoP run lol. So when Tim floundered about because nobody could come up with an idea for what to do with him now that Damian was Robin, Tynion who self-inserted into Tim hard and is bi took over the Batbooks, and the old guard at the top were swept out, it was decided that Tim would be the “gay Robin” as a way to give him a niche in the Batfamily.

Nobody really put up a fuss because nobody cares about Tim. Self-inserters have Bruce, Dick, Jason, and Damian to choose from. Least now Tim has something that will keep him around.

Conner though:

He’s never had any interest in guys or Tim, sorry TimKon shippers. That’s not something the text supports in any way. This is one of those things where people have “fanon” and outright reject canon because it’s not what they want. Conner’s straight. Jon is probably going to be bi though so you’ll get a LGBT Super at least. Still hoping for Apollo to get inducted into the Superfamily so we can have a gay married Super as well since I never want Jon to be married to anyone. Apollo has the same basic relationship you guys want anyway since he’s married to gay Batman lol.
    Being gay and conservative Christian aren't mutually exclusive. It does promote the poor guy being closeted and in denial though.
    They'll have to really work to integrate Apollo into the Super family to make it work and feel organic. The tried to push Midnighter half heartedly into the Bat family - they never let him near Batman but he had a fun flirty partnership with Dick - and they never stuck.
    Jon denying he wants to sleep with Tim while staring off into the night pensively - even the denial feels like it left wiggle room for an interpretation of Conner being in denial.
    We're unlikely to get Jon and Conner both to be LGBT, but that's an editorial mandate. The writing would only need the slightest tweak to put the past in a different perspective. It's not so different from how there was a big fan base for Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy for years, yet when DC pulled the trigger on that, there wasn't much push back, because bisexuality in women is far more accepted.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

And here it is...

Jon Kent Finds His Identity in Superman: Son of Kal-El #5: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/1...on-of-kal-el-5

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-11-2021 at 07:36 AM.