Page 162 of 208 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know what I completely forgot? That Jon and Jackson have already met before, it was back in Super sons of Tomorrow. I completely forgot about that so I was confused for a second when they called each other’s names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    That was their second meeting as a matter of fact. Jon and Jackson first met in the 'Planet of The Capes' story of the original Super Sons series. Jon teams up with Damian and the Rebirth era Teen Titans after Damian gets turned into an old man by a villain called The Time Commander. So it does make sense that Jon and Jackson would know each other already.
    Yeah, I was going to mention that Jackson was part of the Rebirth Teen Titans, and they did have crossovers involving Super Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s always funny to me that everyone gives Clark crap for his glasses disguise but those domino masks really aren’t any better . So I guess the Gamorra Corps and the creature are going to die, perhaps a bunch of Metropolis citizens as well? Cruel as it is to say, I hope so, we need to up the stakes for this book more. Cool to see Jon and Jackson interacting, glad the wider DCU is being touched on.
    True about the domino masks. How the heck do heroes like Ms. Marvel and the Robins (Dick, Tim, and Damian) manage to maintain their secret identities?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Some people might call a climate change arc cringeworthy, but genzers were already doing this (fridaysforfuture). I think it makes sense for Jon since he's supposed to be Gen Z superman.
    Limiting Jon to a certain age demographic to make appealing to that specific group of people is very... This video sums up my thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Limiting Jon to a certain age demographic to make appealing to that specific group of people is very... This video sums up my thoughts:
    Not necessarily. If DC's going out of their way to make 2 supermen, one younger and older. Why not use the younger one as an opportunity to write superman stories for a younger audience?

If anything they're late to the party for taking this long to have a climate change-related arc.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Not necessarily. If DC's going out of their way to make 2 supermen, one younger and older. Why not use the younger one as an opportunity to write superman stories for a younger audience?

If anything they're late to the party for taking this long to have a climate change-related arc.
    Because Gen-Z is 2 billion strong, and the oldest of them are just entering the work force. So, is Jon supposed to represent the older, in the middle, or younger age group? Not all 2 billion gen Z are the climate change protesters they're made out to be. Next, I just can't help but think the whole activist Superman is just TT's way to write Superman and his politics together, which I have no problem with. Also, are they late to the party? Didn't writers tackle pollution and all that stuff before? Pretty sure they did in the 1970s.

I forgot to mention this. I didn't want to at first, because I didn't want my point to come across as that "politics are ruining comics". Anyways, when you look at the stories that's appealing to the younger audience, it's actually not what DC is doing with Jon. I just feel it's counterproductive with the whole Gen-Z Superman. It's like the Truth, Justice, and the American Way. It's going to age well like milk.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 01-18-2022 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Added a more.

Because Gen-Z is 2 billion strong, and the oldest of them are just entering the work force. So, is Jon supposed to represent the older, in the middle, or younger age group? Not all 2 billion gen Z are the climate change protesters they're made out to be. Next, I just can't help but think the whole activist Superman is just TT's way to write Superman and his politics together, which I have no problem with. Also, are they late to the party? Didn't writers tackle pollution and all that stuff before? Pretty sure they did in the 1970s.

I forgot to mention this. I didn't want to at first, because I didn't want my point to come across as that "politics are ruining comics". Anyways, when you look at the stories that's appealing to the younger audience, it's actually not what DC is doing with Jon. I just feel it's counterproductive with the whole Gen-Z Superman. It's like the Truth, Justice, and the American Way. It's going to age well like milk.
    I dunno, given I expect all the problems we’re currently facing environmentally to only get worse, I think Jon being unashamedly pro-environment will age well. Gen Z is fairly leftist on the whole, same as Millennials, the entire gen isn’t leftist obviously but I’m speaking in generalities. Besides the environment is mainly used to set up the giant kaiju plot as background for why it’s acting the way it is.

Taylor’s not a deep political thinker, nor do I expect his writing to handle these kind of issues with any degree of deftness, but I do think having it baked in to Jon that he’s definitely not aligned with the pop culture perception of his dad will only benefit him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I dunno, given I expect all the problems we’re currently facing environmentally to only get worse, I think Jon being unashamedly pro-environment will age well. Gen Z is fairly leftist on the whole, same as Millennials, the entire gen isn’t leftist obviously but I’m speaking in generalities. Besides the environment is mainly used to set up the giant kaiju plot as background for why it’s acting the way it is.

Taylor’s not a deep political thinker, nor do I expect his writing to handle these kind of issues with any degree of deftness, but I do think having it baked in to Jon that he’s definitely not aligned with the pop culture perception of his dad will only benefit him.
    If it was done how Hayao Miyazaki wrote his views on war and environmentalism into his movies. I'd agree, but I think we're going to an Orphan 55 plot. Then again, Taylor is building up to something big.

Taylor could be a deep political thinker, he's just not wrote a story like that yet. Prior to 1961, could anyone ever guessed Stan Lee would do be doing The Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and all those characters?His most popular comic pre-FF was Millie The Model, right? F. Scott Fitzgerald started out writing pulp.

Not every Gen-zer protests at Friday for the future but it was the first international movement that Gen-zers participated in. It is gen z counter-culture. Even if not every genzer is an environmentalist, climate change is still a topic people have feelings towards one way or another.

What about Jon's storyline is going to age like milk? Stories about powerful people ruining nature are timeless imo.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Climate change activists are increasingly critical of big corporations and governments talking the talk, but doing nothing (or not doing enough) to actually combat climate change. Taylor writing surface level "climate change bad" takes in a fictional universe where nothing ever changes... well thats almost perfect illustration of what these activists have problems with.

American Way worked because fundamentally it is about preserving status quo. Clark didn't have to change the world, he just had to make sure that American Way endures against various criminals and alien invasions.

Taylor sharing the April cover by Travis Moore on Twitter because of GLAAD award nomination for the series.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...87222228504581
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Lesbihonest ain't nothing in this series been done well enough to deserve a nomination least of all full on GLAAD award.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Lesbihonest ain't nothing in this series been done well enough to deserve a nomination least of all full on GLAAD award.
    I don’t know, a bi Superman is pretty cool. If only he did something cool. He could never do Primetime.

It's the most game changing of the nominees and would be a worthy winner, even if I think the Eat. Bang. Kill. Tour is more deserving.

Also Travis Moore can DRAW pretty people.

Mighty Member

Superman: Son of Kal-El (2021-) #7 is at #3 on Comixology, nice to see it is still doing well in digital sales.
    http://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

The Nightwing crossover text-less preview are out, and its odd. It features a young kid Jon who apparently ran away from home and found by Dick (in his New 52 suit) and Bruce finding him, with Dick obviously being the nice one of the two.

https://www.gamesradar.com/nightwing-superman-team-up/

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Preview continued...Batman's carrying candy in his belt?

Words to live by.