Page 38 of 208 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

So the Future State outfit with a cape, essentially the Superman/WW outfit. I’m fine with that, still like the capeless look more though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So the Future State outfit with a cape, essentially the Superman/WW outfit. I’m fine with that, still like the capeless look more though.
    If he's gonna try to be Superman, he's gotta wear a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I’m rather fond of the capeless looks for “future Superman”.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The suit looks so much better without the cape that's such a disappointment.

Extraordinary Member

Last edited by Hypo; 04-28-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    That interior art is awesome.

Hopefully, if asked enough Timm and Taylor may drop the cape, but seriously, the arts looks amazing.

When all is said and done I wouldn't mind Superman yoinking that belt design in the future. One thing I will say about this initiative is there isn't terrible design ideas going on. Something to maybe pick and choose from when all this is over.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Timms isn’t slacking on art! If only it wasn’t Taylor, anyone else would’ve been a step up for me. Let’s hope this is at All-New Wolverine or Nightwing level and not everything else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That interior art is awesome.

Hopefully, if asked enough Timm and Taylor may drop the cape, but seriously, the arts looks amazing.
    I second the awesomeness of the artstyle.

I'd also be fine with Jon's Superman being capeless. Outside of his Legion of Superheroes look, I've been fond of Jon sans a cape. Nothing personal against capes in a design (I love me some swishing ones), but in Jon's case, it makes him look more of the contemporary Superman that he is and is growing into being.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

No he doesn't.i am team no capes 4 jon .I hope the cape comes and goes.I am glad the hair is on point atleast and the armour stuff is discarded.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-28-2021 at 06:58 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No he doesn't.i am team no capes 4 jon .I hope the cape comes and goes.I am glad the hair is on point atleast and the armour stuff is discarded.
    Superman wears a cape.

Superman wears a cape.
    Superman doesn't fly.he leaps tall buildings as the man of action wearing a jeans and tshirt.so there,we both have a version in our heads we like.what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Superman doesn't fly.he leaps tall buildings as the man of action wearing a jeans and tshirt.so there,we both have a version in our heads we like.what's your point?
    Supes has been flying since 1941. Just a few years after his debut. So, a silly thing to get hung up about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Supes has been flying since 1941. Just a few years after his debut. So, a silly thing to get hung up about.
    Yeah! many guys/gals/others here are hung up on a kid character that lasted 2 years as well.What's your point?
    edit-it doesn't take a billion to make you like something.it doesn't take 2 years to tell story either.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-28-2021 at 07:15 PM.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Heh, I wonder if that little blurb of “It’s not so much of a passing of the cape as it is growing the family business” was intentional. I think that’s a solid direction for the franchise and should alleviate some people’s fears of Clark being replaced.

Timms’ art looks lovely here, and I like the contrast of the mundane with the cosmic with the image of a teenager in his hoodie and jeans sitting on the moon. Ditto with everyone else on preferring the capeless look for Jon. Design-wise, I think the Supers should have their own unique silhouette to differentiate them, and the sleek look can be Jon’s thing.