Page 154 of 208 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'd love for Jenny to still be on DC's radar for a love interest for Jon. I honestly find the idea of mixing Jon's dopy optimism with Jenny's cynicism to be simple yet compelling conceptually.
    Taylor was the last one to write her in his Authority book so I’m still hoping he’s open to using her. Got their whole first meeting in my head which would be a play on the Superman/Lois interview in the first Donner film. Have it after he dates Aqualad or whatever, 2-3 years with male LIs would be a good way to cement that he likes boys in everyones minds before bringing in another potential female LI again.

Even just as a non-LI supporting cast member she would be a lot of fun!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Taylor was the last one to write her in his Authority book so I’m still hoping he’s open to using her. Got their whole first meeting in my head which would be a play on the Superman/Lois interview in the first Donner film. Have it after he dates Aqualad or whatever, 2-3 years with male LIs would be a good way to cement that he likes boys in everyones minds before bringing in another potential female LI again.

Even just as a non-LI supporting cast member she would be a lot of fun!
    I doubt Jonny boy will ever get serious with a female again.

Apparently Fraction was going to write the 5G Jon book. What a pity that didn’t happen, I’d have taken Fraction over Taylor any day of the week.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently Fraction was going to write the 5G Jon book. What a pity that didn’t happen, I’d have taken Fraction over Taylor any day of the week.
    Small price to dodge the overall 5G bullet.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Superman: Son of Kal-El Annual #1 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artists: Steve Pugh and Clayton Henry

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Superman: Son of Kal-El Annual #1 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artists: Steve Pugh and Clayton Henry

I wonder who could truly stop Lex if he ever got over his own hubris.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Any random guy with a gun.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'd offer up this whole era to the chopping block if we could materialize 5G. The good, the bad, and the deeply questionable.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I've read every issue of this series and the annual, and I have to say that I'm done with it. The SJW stuff is too annoying to me. Jon going to protests and talking about global warming is not my thing. No thanks. If people like that, have at it, but i'll be dropping this from my pull

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'd offer up this whole era to the chopping block if we could materialize 5G. The good, the bad, and the deeply questionable.
    5G is not really something that I want, but it at least would be more coherent than the current happenings.

You know I wonder if Luthor hates Jon more then Clark after this? Because Clark was...let’s say a lot nicer in the flashback then Jon was in this issue, as Jon had this much more jokey attitude to Luthor then Clark did not to mention he’s much younger then Clark which also may bother Luthor.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Can I say that after this annual and Williamson's first issue on Batman that I have no idea what is going on with Lex right now. I mean this is post-Death Metal/Apex Lex Luthor who suffered through an anti-crisis and came out of it joining the Totality as omniverse protectors. Supposedly he is still doing that but he is doing stuff I have no real idea what he is on about.

In the annual he just reaffirms himself back into classic Lex status but with Jon bothering him now and maybe a tie to Bendix while in Batman he's....you know that's a spoiler that should be saved for the Batman thread but the point still stands that Lex is at a real odd point right now.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Lex is going back to being a “classic” villain per Williamson’s interview with CBR. Apparently he wanted to get Lex back to being a tycoon after the last couple of years had focused more on Lex as a committed supervillain. Not sure what the long term plan for Lex is either, but I’m utterly shocked that I actually enjoyed Taylor’s take on Lex here. He felt in-character which I’ve never gotten from Taylor writing Lex before. Looks like he’ll be backing Bendix, is “The Rising” a previous Wildstorm concept or something Taylor has invented for Jon?

I'm all for pretending that Apex Lex never happened.