Page 129 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 3110
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I guess that all comes down to what you'd consider a "first love" to be. I've always categorized it as someone's first romantic relationship. Hence why someone's romantic status is also referred to as their "love life"
    Fair, but, semantics aside, you get what I mean. How do you narratively equal a character's childhood best friend in a fraction of the time? You give them a love interest, and thus the emotional stakes for the character are set.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Now lets start speculating about sales, shall we? SSoK has already started to show the natural decline in sales endemic to all books. Will issue 5 see a spike in sales? No doubt, but issue 5 may be a statistical outlier like first issues are. Like some are already saying, on a macro-level, this is a gimmick more than anything else. I don't think Jon coming out will save or even help the book.

Eh. I still don't think there was enough there to hint that Kathy was anything more than possibly a crush. Would she have been more interesting than Saturn Girl? Yes. I don't even really like her but I'd gladly take her over Imra. But still...I wouldn't really classify that as his "first love". The same way I wouldn't call the girl I crushed on fifth grade my first love.
    If Jon had stared at Damian like this would you have said they were “just friends” lol?

Or held hands and flew through the Sky Donnerverse style?

She was definitely his first love just like Lana is Clark’s

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So if character doesn't have an active sex life then he is unintentionally gay?
    that's the problem I tend to have with "head canon" based shipping, and the tendency to react with a certain form of outrage if there's eventually a denial of a character being on the LGBTQ spectrum by a writer or editor.
    some straight characters are just unlucky in love or just plain inactive. it doesn't automatically mean that they are deeply closeted somehow.

Jon's revelation, as a relatively new character, is just fine. But the sort of KAPOW-revelations of certain longtime characters leaves me scratching my head.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Now lets start speculating about sales, shall we? SSoK has already started to show the natural decline in sales endemic to all books. Will issue 5 see a spike in sales? No doubt, but issue 5 may be a statistical outlier like first issues are. Like some are already saying, on a macro-level, this is a gimmick more than anything else. I don't think Jon coming out will save or even help the book.
    My guess based on the book starting around Legion's numbers was that it would've dropped in the 20k range before the first arc was over. But #5 will get for sure a bump in sales for a month at least.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    My guess based on the book starting around Legion's numbers was that it would've dropped in the 20k range before the first arc was over. But #5 will get for sure a bump in sales for a month at least.
    Agreed, a typical gimmick bump that will be unsustainable beyond a couple of issues (three at most and that is being generous) is my prediction as well.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Saturn Girl was legit a kiss & something for Jon to talk about to daddy that's it we never even saw them break up that's how irrelevant she really was.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Saturn Girl was legit a kiss & something for Jon to talk about to daddy that's it we never even saw them break up that's how irrelevant she really was.
    Indeed lol

we never even saw them break up that's how irrelevant she really was.
    Toooooo be fair, we never saw that with Tim and Steph either and the last thing I'd call their relationship is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Jon had stared at Damian like this would you have said they were “just friends” lol?

Or held hands and flew through the Sky Donnerverse style?

She was definitely his first love just like Lana is Clark’s

Eh. Like I said. I still don't think they got far enough for me to call that anything more than maybe a first crush. But, just like with the "love" thing, that's just a matter of semantics I guess lol

Aaaaaand now I'm sad again, because I'm reminded of better times.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Agreed, a typical gimmick bump that will be unsustainable beyond a couple of issues (three at most and that is being generous) is my prediction as well.
    Like Bendis' outing of SM's secret ID. One month later sales were back to normal.

Doubt readers will care to follow a book just for the sexual orientation of a character.

Toooooo be fair, we never saw that with Tim and Steph either and the last thing I'd call their relationship is irrelevant.
    Tim & Steph are completely incomparable to the other 2, they have years of history decades even, Jon & ole girl was just something that hack Bendis threw in for shock factor & then used to throw shade at all the people who were still mad about what he did to Jon that's it then his shit got cancelled, now it may or may not be revived.

I genuinely don't think any 10 year old has even the slightest idea what true romantic love is Kathy was a playground crush at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Like Bendis' outing of SM's secret ID. One month later sales were back to normal.

Doubt readers will care to follow a book just for the sexual orientation of a character.
    I couldn't agree more, on both counts.

Tim & Steph are completely incomparable to the other 2, they have years of history decades even, Jon & ole girl was just something that hack Bendis threw in for shock factor & then used to throw shade at all the people who were still mad about what he did to Jon that's it then his shit got cancelled, now it may or may not be revived.
    Oh I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying, their breaking up off screen isn't the best example to use in terms of showing how relevant/irrelevant they were.