Page 68 of 208 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I don't get why the critics rated it that high i mean it wasn't bad but like it really wasn't that good aswel it was just solid ya know, that's a lil weird.
    Hype? A desire for something different from the main Superman books?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I reread it and thought it was a decent intro. I thought it lacked a 3rd act but I guess the Damian/Jon conversation was it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Jon is not going to re-invent the wheel, at least not for me. I'm not bothered by him repeating what is essentially Clark's greatest hits for today's generation, .
    Then there is no point to the whole thing..I vote for bibbo bibowski taking in jon..
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I reread it and thought it was a decent intro. I thought it lacked a 3rd act but I guess the Damian/Jon conversation was it.
    That's exactly what it lacked.That guy jon failed needs to matter..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-28-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

This was definitely a trailer for the book to come, but it served it's point very well. My only real complaints are that Taylor cannot get over his love of jerking off Bruce even here and I'm more than a little tired of Jon being built up as the chosen one.

I get his parents thinking he'll surpass them-- every parent thinks that of their kids so long as they're not assholes, but goddamn give it a rest.

The art is outstanding and Taylor gives Jon a good voice that feels more himself than under Bendis.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Incredible Member

My main worry at this point is that Jon could end up just doing what other people tell him is the right thing for too long. You know, the conflicts and doubts may be his own, but on this issue it was Damian who more or less gave him his mission (he literally had the last word on the issue) and solicits make it sound like The Truth is going to be acting as a sort of collective mentor for him for a while.

Obviously this run is all about Jon finding himself, so this may very well just be built up for him finding his own mission outside of what Damian or The Truth tell him is the right thing... but I still worry...

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Hype? A desire for something different from the main Superman books?
    Critics love Taylor, God knows why. It’s a freaking 9.1 now, it went UP lmao. Taylor may not appeal to me but he definitely appeals to others, he’s got a fanbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    My main worry at this point is that Jon could end up just doing what other people tell him is the right thing for too long. You know, the conflicts and doubts may be his own, but on this issue it was Damian who more or less gave him his mission (he literally had the last word on the issue) and solicits make it sound like The Truth is going to be acting as a sort of collective mentor for him for a while.

Obviously this run is all about Jon finding himself, so this may very well just be built up for him finding his own mission outside of what Damian or The Truth tell him is the right thing... but I still worry...
    That’s partly why I’m not enthused about lots of Super Sons. I don’t want this to be Damian or any of the Batfamily, just telling Jon how to act. Taylor’s really bad at this, despite his proclaimed love of Superman he seems incapable of doing anything that doesn’t involve Batman showing up in some capacity of another. Also I’m just f****** sick of Batman being in everything Superman, there’s an entire book for that, the Superman books should focus on Superman and the Superfamily.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I figure it's cosmic payback for Superboy having to teach a young Bruce Wayne how to be a superhero back in the Pre-Crisis era.

I am seeing some people get mad about Jon replacing “The American Way” with “A Better World” which is amusing to me. Basically a bunch of people accusing Taylor of making Jon “woke” which is kind of hilarious.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

That’s partly why I’m not enthused about lots of Super Sons. I don’t want this to be Damian or any of the Batfamily, just telling Jon how to act. Taylor’s really bad at this, despite his proclaimed love of Superman he seems incapable of doing anything that doesn’t involve Batman showing up in some capacity of another. Also I’m just f****** sick of Batman being in everything Superman, there’s an entire book for that, the Superman books should focus on Superman and the Superfamily.
    That's just supersons one.Even then damian deepdown wanted a kid to hang out and goof off.Someone his equal and yet different.And last time damian told jon what to do he made a face...Also,their first meetings with damian trying to boss him around had jon pull superdickery and good ol punch to the gut..
    I am seeing some people get mad about Jon replacing “The American Way” with “A Better World” which is amusing to me. Basically a bunch of people accusing Taylor of making Jon “woke” which is kind of hilarious.
    Considering it was war propaganda that put it in the first place...You can go right.but taking a left is bad...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-28-2021 at 10:25 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Critics love Taylor, God knows why. It’s a freaking 9.1 now, it went UP lmao. Taylor may not appeal to me but he definitely appeals to others, he’s got a fanbase.
    He's got name cache. So did Bendis. But that's not enough to carry a Bold New Direction forward.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    He's got name cache. So did Bendis. But that's not enough to carry a Bold New Direction forward.
    Bendis did not by the time he was on Superman. By that point his books were mediocre sellers which is why it was weird they gave him so much power at the time. Taylor on the other hand is hot right now. We’ll see how he sells but I wouldn’t be surprised if he settles around 40-50k which would still be comfortably outselling Super Sons.

BANNED

Bendis did not by the time he was on Superman. By that point his books were mediocre sellers which is why it was weird they gave him so much power at the time. Taylor on the other hand is hot right now. We’ll see how he sells but I wouldn’t be surprised if he settles around 40-50k which would still be comfortably outselling Super Sons.
    It will realistically settle around 36,000

Which would still be outselling both bendis and super-sons
    Last edited by kryptonian; 07-29-2021 at 12:47 AM.

On one hand age up is bad because it makes him just like his father. On another hand, how dare you not make him identical to his father?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Since it's now basically confirmed that the farm is getting blown up, I do wonder if similar to how Jon as Superman and Superman & The Authority are manifesting from the Bleeding Cool rumors, so to will the idea that Jon sets up his Fortress in Smallville?

I've been noticing that Lois and Clark's apartment has been getting less and less play since Bendis took over. I've also noticed that Clark has called the Fortress his home more often too. And now in PKJ's run Clark continues that, and Jon calls it that too.

So with the show being set on the Kent farm, and both that and the Fortress being more iconic than the fairly nebulous Lois/Clark home, maybe the idea is to just mix the two and make it the family home? A Fortress version of the Kent farm set up by Jon to protect his family.

But he'll likely also have his college dorm if his identity holds even after The Truth exposes him.
    Hope they put a lot of cool stuff in his Fortress like it was in Future State whenever he gets it:

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yeah, Taylor can't help himself but polish the Batpole at any chance he gets. In DCeased he had a gathering of the greatest minds on the planet and a small reason for why they're there and he gets to Damian Wayne with the explanation being "because he's Batman."

Some reasons were shaky at best but this one was just full-on a meme taken seriously. It's just too much. Who other than edgelords and thirteen year-olds find this sort of shilling appealing?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    On one hand age up is bad because it makes him just like his father. On another hand, how dare you not make him identical to his father?
    Comic book fans aren't smart. They don't even know what they want.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.