Page 155 of 208 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3110
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

I completely understand your fear.
    (At least, I don't have to worry that Taylor will be 'fixing' some characters at Marvel after finishing his Dark Ages mini.)
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Amazing Member

I won't deny it, I'm a little scared too here I mean I have conflicting feelings about Taylor, he seems like a nice person to me, he has good ideas for the stories but in the execution everything is so mediocre and poor

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Note the "up, up, and away" closing out his tweet...
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 12-08-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    He also teased "some other big news later today" in another tweet...
    Pretty sure that was this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty sure that was this.
    Yeah, realized that right after I posted, heh. Damn you twitter. so I updated my post hastily no note his "up, up, and away" reference.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Note the "up, up, and away" closing out his tweet...
    I hadn't noticed it, now the fear is real

Remember the last time DC signed an exclusive contract with a hack writer?

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Remember the last time DC signed an exclusive contract with a hack writer?
    Well Bendis worked out well for me but this might end up becoming a case where you and I align in being unhappy about it
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Well, more Tom Taylor-penned Jon comics, I guess.

Annual was fine. The best part was the one with the polar bear. Clark winning by not playing and Jon winning by actually playing sounds like it should have been the other way around.

Well Bendis worked out well for me but this might end up becoming a case where you and I align in being unhappy about it
    It's thanks to you that I started looking critically at Taylor's work and and started to find them to be more shallow than a puddle in a parking lot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm all for pretending that Apex Lex never happened.
    Love how Lex wrote off the Metal era to the general public as "Oh, I was just mind-controlled by Gorilla Grodd, you know what he's like!"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm all for pretending that Apex Lex never happened.
    Everything Snyder did with him was really not Lex Luthor in a lot of ways.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Spectacular Member

Really disappointed they didn't discuss or focus on Jon's bisexuality in the annual at all. Talk about killing all of the momentum from Issue #5.

The only good part about Apex Lex was when he fought the entire Justice League.

Astonishing Member

So far we're the same where Bendis and Taylor are concerned. I think both writers struggle terribly in terms of executing their ideas but I at least enjoyed Bendis and managed to move past some of the really bad stuff like Jon's aging but I haven't been able to pick up more than one issue by Taylor. I think with Bendis his ideas always made me think we were finally turning new ground with Superman and I was always looking forward to a new issue (shocking, I know) and I loved his voice for Clark but I can't help feeling with Jon (under Taylor) is treading old ground, a Superman we've met before but with a different name and even that, he's not doing anything radically fresh with Jon to compete with a younger/golden age/Morrison Clark who was better written and whose stories had a lot more gravitas. Taylor is very lackluster so far. the only true selling point is Jon's sexuality because everything else is just so drab and dull. There's nothing in the story that has grabbed my attention. Tomasi remains the best writer for Jon, if only we had gotten him to write aged up Jon from the very beginning, but he would have needed to actually write the coming of age story for Jon instead of his mini little adventures that ended up going nowhere at all.