Page 25 of 208 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I agree, I really dug the Jon look for SoM. The only thing I didn't like too much was the big belt, but other than that I thought it was pretty solid...
    It would be fire if there was a story arc where he won that big belt after fighting the Time Luchadores.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    It would be fire if there was a story arc where he won that big belt after fighting the Time Luchadores.
    Like a intergalactic wrestling Championship.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

While I don't think Superman should be a mantle, if it have to be, why not Jon? Like it or not, the symbol is now a family crest for the House of El, it makes sense someone of the family would carry it on.

Plus, Superman have some elements of using the privileges given to him for the good of others. Also, as was pointed out by others, the simple fact of having Superman like powers is a privilege, from Conner, to Kennan and Kara, all of them got powers they didn't deserved, it isn't a Mjonir situation, what they do after they get the powers is what makes them worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    Some of you will use any excuse to keep Superman white.

You mean keep him the way he had always been? Nooo,you don't say?

Also there has been plenty of poc Superman which asking as it ain't Clark it's all good. And just like Vordan said, that doesn't mean it's better
    Last edited by Prime; 04-24-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well somethings confusing here, apparently due to the the solicitations for July Jon’s Superman debut is $3.99 but on the announcement cover it says $4.99 which I guess is the Timms variant that is $4.99?
    Wait...this is going to be 5 dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Wait...this is going to be 5 dollars?
    It was when you looked at the initial homage cover that we were shown in the announcements this week, but solicitations say $3.99, so I guess we saw the variant first.

Superman: Son of Kal-El #1

story by Tom Taylor
    art by John Timms
    cover by John Timms
    ON SALE 7/13/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover by InHyuk Lee
    US $4.99
    card stock variant cover by Stephen Byrne
    US $4.99
    1:25 card stock variant cover by Jen Bartel
    US $4.99
    1:50 card stock variant cover by John Timms
    US $4.99

Jonathan Kent has experienced a lot in his young life. He’s traveled the galaxies with his Kryptonian grandfather and lived in the future with the Legion of Super-Heroes, who were intent on training him for the day his father, Clark Kent, could no longer be Superman. There is a hole in the Legion’s history that prevents Jon from knowing exactly when that will happen, but all signs point to it being very soon. It’s time for the son to wear the cape of his father and bear the symbol of hope that has told the world who Superman really is. Join writer Tom Taylor (Nightwing, DCeased) and artist John Timms (Infinite Frontier) as they usher in a whole new era for the House of El!
    Also, “Tales of Metropolis” continues. Jimmy Olsen gathers his misfit heroes, including Ambush Bug and Gangbuster, to find out who the Projectress really is and why she set her sights on Bibbo!

But looking at the bottom of this cover says $4.99, so we haven't seen the actual cover I guess

Last edited by sifighter; 04-24-2021 at 10:23 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ok this is going nowhere. Let's keep on topic The discussion is that Jon missed a few steps to becoming Superman. Is it necessary for Jon to be Superman when his dad still is Superman? What is the point? This feels like they trying to use Superbro without actually using him.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It was when you looked at the initial homage cover that we were shown in the announcements this week, but solicitations say $3.99, so I guess we saw the variant first.

Superman: Son of Kal-El #1

story by Tom Taylor
    art by John Timms
    cover by John Timms
    ON SALE 7/13/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover by InHyuk Lee
    US $4.99
    card stock variant cover by Stephen Byrne
    US $4.99
    1:25 card stock variant cover by Jen Bartel
    US $4.99
    1:50 card stock variant cover by John Timms
    US $4.99

Jonathan Kent has experienced a lot in his young life. He’s traveled the galaxies with his Kryptonian grandfather and lived in the future with the Legion of Super-Heroes, who were intent on training him for the day his father, Clark Kent, could no longer be Superman. There is a hole in the Legion’s history that prevents Jon from knowing exactly when that will happen, but all signs point to it being very soon. It’s time for the son to wear the cape of his father and bear the symbol of hope that has told the world who Superman really is. Join writer Tom Taylor (Nightwing, DCeased) and artist John Timms (Infinite Frontier) as they usher in a whole new era for the House of El!
    Also, “Tales of Metropolis” continues. Jimmy Olsen gathers his misfit heroes, including Ambush Bug and Gangbuster, to find out who the Projectress really is and why she set her sights on Bibbo!

But looking at the bottom of this cover says $4.99, so we haven't seen the actual cover I guess

Yet a volume of mangas with like 6 chapters are like 12-16 bucks and here one issue is 5.

Ok this is going nowhere. Let's keep on topic The discussion is that Jon missed a few steps to becoming Superman. Is it necessary for Jon to be Superman when his dad still is Superman? What is the point? This feels like they trying to use Superbro without actually using him.
    I don't know.The company thinks so.Otherwise they wouldn't have aged up jon in this short period of time. I don't care,Either way. he goes back to being a kid and on adventures with damian and pals.Or he grows upto be kickass man of tomorrow.

Well to be fair manga is mostly black and white so it would cost less anyway

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't know.The company thinks so.Otherwise they wouldn't have aged up jon in this short period of time. I don't care,Either way. he goes back to being a kid and on adventures with damian and pals.Or he grows upto be kickass man of tomorrow.
    Are you sure that's even gonna happen at this point? Feels like we passed that threshold long ago. How long has he been an adult?

Are you sure that's even gonna happen at this point? Feels like we passed that threshold long ago. How long has he been an adult?
    3 years.There has been supersons books concurrently running and a stubborn fanbase in a shrinking market.I think so.You know what happened last time fans where screaming "Not my superman.He doesn't wear underpants on the outside".Superman started wearing underpants on the outside.I think invincible has a lot to do with what's happening with jon as well.

They jumped the gun on this thing and I can't see Jon becoming the status quo for the next 20 years. There's just no bright side to erasing a super kid's adolescence and trying to replace a character that is immortal and as central as Clark.

Of all the characters in the Justice League, Superman is the one that can still be Superman in the year 3000, whereas Batman can get old and someone else take over.

Okay, folks, let me help to clarify.

The word "colored" by itself is an old slang term used to demean black men and women. It is considered highly offensive by many and is not appropriate.

The term "poc" or "people of color" is a phrase used to broadly describe black and brown people and is considered acceptable.

This is not the place to debate or discuss how/why the language has changed over the years, just to let you know what is and is not acceptable here on the boards.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Of all the characters in the Justice League, Superman is the one that can still be Superman in the year 3000, whereas Batman can get old and someone else take over.
    DC One Million and All-Star Superman might not be in main continuity, but I think it is impossible to ignore at this point that Morrison's take on Superman's legacy, Superman dynasty in particular, is taking over.
    Morrison is back doing Superman stories. PJK consulted Morrison on Future State and probably his Superman run in general. House of El is basically a variation of Superman dynasty. Even something unrelated like that Superman/Lois pitch looked like it would fit perfectly into All-Star/One Million universe.

DC is obviously changing things around a bit. For example, Jon will be Superman, while Clark is still operating on Earth, but the core ideas are the same, I think.