Page 133 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Not much of troupe when the guy was the first one to do it...Supes had dead parents before batman or spiderman was a thing.Solitude..Clark needs solitude.
    Clark's got a wife and kid. He won't have anything resembling solitude, regardless.

I propose a compromise..kents die and become ghosts..Now,they can actually do supernatural **** and keep up with clark
    Nah. Remember, my other issue is that whenever heroes do have parents, they aren't just...normal people. They're always some kind of superhero/super powered being. If the choice is between them being dead or being ghosts, going on supernatural adventures with Clark. then I'd rather they just be dead. I just...really don't see anything wrong with him or any other hero having parents who are just....people. Nothing special about them. They're just regular people.

The tragic dead parents story is an overworked cliche. Clark doesn't need the Kents dead, they're more interesting alive. You can do stories with them that you can't do with many other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    The tragic dead parents story is an overworked cliche. Clark doesn't need the Kents dead, they're more interesting alive. You can do stories with them that you can't do with many other characters.
    They’re boring as hell alive. You can do the same “wholesome inspiring speech” people love with them when they’re dead. Both Snyder and Bendis did exactly that. Clark is far too old to be going to old Pa and Ma for some homegrown wisdom like “follow your heart”. Kill them off they never should’ve been kept alive.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't need them to be anything. They don't even need to be people Clark runs to for advice or whatever. I just want them to have a presence in his life like any other supporting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Both Snyder and Bendis did exactly that.
    The less I hear about Snyder's Pa Kent, the better. But he at least kept Ma alive so...there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I don't need them to be anything. They don't even need to be people Clark runs to for advice or whatever. I just want them to have a presence in his life like any other supporting character.

The less I hear about Snyder's Pa Kent, the better. But he at least kept Ma alive so...there's that.
    Lol I meant Scott Snyder not Zack.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Other than Pa Kent looking like he's about to see Jon for the first time while about to throw a haymaker, that was a good scene.

And yeah, Ma and Pa Kent can be alive and normal-ish (as normal as it can be to secretly adopt an alien baby). They could bring up embarrassing stories of Clark's past, provide a bit of getaway at their farm for the family and friends (while having them help out without using powers/tools), and so on. Or simply not use them if the writer at the time doesn't have a plan for them.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Clark's got a wife and kid. He won't have anything resembling solitude, regardless.

Nah. Remember, my other issue is that whenever heroes do have parents, they aren't just...normal people. They're always some kind of superhero/super powered being. If the choice is between them being dead or being ghosts, going on supernatural adventures with Clark. then I'd rather they just be dead. I just...really don't see anything wrong with him or any other hero having parents who are just....people. Nothing special about them. They're just regular people.
    Well,wife and kids are there but he can't be with them... the man who has everything remember..He's got responsibilities due to having **** ton of power.He could just quit like the man of tomorrow did..I mean,superman as a concept is overrated remember..He thinks he is too important..He said so himself

Which one has superparents?i don't remember anyone having one.As for normal,expecting normal from a superman is what causes the guy to be mundane.Normalcy died the minute the guy tore off his shirt and smashed a car.Superman used to have ducktales vibe.
    "life is like a hurricane here in metropolis".
    Not
    "Life is like a breeze here in nostalgia ridden aw!shucksville"
    Metropolis was filled with lazers,aeroplanes and robots...

The parents need to be people of action.Othetwise,stay irrelevant.Which is what they have been doing these days.The only time i felt the parents did something was in nail series.where these guys took in stray metahumans.i prefer troupes to so called different things that's just boring.
    Lol I meant Scott Snyder not Zack.

This is what i am talking about.Father son superman punch!!Ghost pa kent to boot!
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-11-2021 at 11:54 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    You seem to think that Jon's book will be around long enough for that to happen. It's already tanking in sales, and I don't see that changing, apart from maybe a small spike for issue 5. Not as many people are as happy and excited about this change as people here think.
    Given that Jon's going to be turning 18 in the not too distant future, thus the whole legal angle, I can see them doing it sooner rather than later. I think it's less "Jon is Bi" that's the issue and more. Jon the interesting 10/11 year old (12? when we last saw him as a kid) got aged up to suddenly be this older teen and we as readers and writers as writers, lost out on using him for interesting growth from a more normal super hero perspective as a kid or a preteen. There was a lot to be explored there so more people are more annoyed with:

1. Jon still being aged up as he should have at least gotten as much time as Damian did to enjoy being a kid and getting to grow into a character.
    2. His love interest has had very little build up, and there's a question of if he's just going to become evil and thus become this tragic thing to throw onto Jon for the rest of his life.

So while people are happy for Bi Jon, they're not thrilled with how Bi Jon came about, nor what DC is planning with Jon going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Still the best selling Superman related book on stands right now though. Even beating out Morrison's swan song, and well beyond Clark's main book, Action. If issue 5 bumps it then it'll be a bump to a book that's already doing better than the other Superman books. And knowing Taylor we're likely to see more "you won't want to miss this issue" style bumps down the road. If that keeps up along with it baseline selling better than Action, I don't see how DC throws it out.
    Yup, as much as I love Taylor as a writer, and I thank him for all his work on X-men Red which I was so mad to see being taken down, I think that this is something that DC will have him do. Dip in say, "Hey guys Jon is dating a guy now he's bi." Dip in sale, "Oh look Jon turned 18 and Jay is his first sexual encounter. " Dip in sale, "Oh dear Jay and Jon are fighting are they going to make up?" Dip in sale, "Hey turned out Jay wasn't actually a good guy what's going to happen?" Dip in Sale. "Oh no...Jay betrayed Jon...shock and awe." Dip in Sale. "Hey look they're in a will they or won't they situation." Dip in sale, "Gasp...Jon has new Love interest, will there be a love triangle read to find out." etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Yup, as much as I love Taylor as a writer, and I thank him for all his work on X-men Red which I was so mad to see being taken down, I think that this is something that DC will have him do. Dip in say, "Hey guys Jon is dating a guy now he's bi." Dip in sale, "Oh look Jon turned 18 and Jay is his first sexual encounter. " Dip in sale, "Oh dear Jay and Jon are fighting are they going to make up?" Dip in sale, "Hey turned out Jay wasn't actually a good guy what's going to happen?" Dip in Sale. "Oh no...Jay betrayed Jon...shock and awe." Dip in Sale. "Hey look they're in a will they or won't they situation." Dip in sale, "Gasp...Jon has new Love interest, will there be a love triangle read to find out." etc.
    As far as sales gimmicks go this sounds not that terrible.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Still the best selling Superman related book on stands right now though. Even beating out Morrison's swan song, and well beyond Clark's main book, Action. If issue 5 bumps it then it'll be a bump to a book that's already doing better than the other Superman books. And knowing Taylor we're likely to see more "you won't want to miss this issue" style bumps down the road. If that keeps up along with it baseline selling better than Action, I don't see how DC throws it out.
    This is more indicative of how badly the Superman books are doing than showing that Jon's book is doing well.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Nah, Clark works better with he Kent's dead.
    completely disagree, like it when both parents are alive. hate DC always killing off pa

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't see the problem with the Kents living. It's not like they take over the story like with Aunt May in Spider-Man.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    As far as sales gimmicks go this sounds not that terrible.
    It isn't, its just annoying when you can see it coming a mile away.

Will be cool to see Jon and Kaldur interact.

Will be cool to see Jon and Kaldur interact.
    Jackson and Culthulu, or the Kraken, should be fun. Also if we're gonna talk love interests, Jackson wouldn't be a bad choice.