Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
So we have three major Supermen in live action media: Hoechlin as Clark Kent on the CW, a black Clark Kent with Abrams/Coates, and a Val-Zod HBO Max series. We also have an Injustuce animated movie coming. On one hand, God help me, this means Taylor is already having a massive role in shaping Superman in the public eye. So perhaps that means Superlad is right and they’re already looking at this upcoming series as a source for adaption considering they’re drawing on Injustice and Earth 2. But I’m also wondering if this means Superlad is wrong, if they’re adapting takes on Clark Kent everywhere else, and Val for HBO Max, and Jon in the CW is powerless, where and when could they still be looking at this as an opportunity to adapt Jon Kent Superman? Just something I’m mulling over as we approach Taylor’s first issue.
Well 5G was supposed to be a multimedia gunshot that would get fired off and they'd let God sort out the details. They've taken a more ginger approach with it now...but they're still taking it. Seems like they still have a vested interest in going down that way in multimedia...eventually.

Realistically-- with no wild theories or anything-- since this has been directly compared to the New 52 by the publisher itself, I figure that similar to the early New 52 they'll wait till at least an arc or two is under everyone's belts. Then they'll move it to animation-- likely the direct to video stuff. Then if the response is good they'll move it to the movies. But all the ducks are in a row for this outline. They have their boy Taylor, they have the adaptation god Bendis, and they have the actual award winning screen writer Ridley on their three biggest properties that they have the most vested interest in: Superman, Justice League, and Batman.

This wouldn't be the immediate future though (not in the next 3 or 5 years or something), but that's also likely why this is a "slow rollout". That lets them keep this phase of the DCU expanding and fresh for a good long while.