Page 78 of 208 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    so I'm going to keep bitching and moaning the entire time until the inevitable happens.
    Oh don't worry, you are not alone in that regard. Hell, the New 52's over and I still complain about it whenever I get the opportunity XD

Man, Jon Kent as Superman in Son of Kal-El really has the potential to last for decades. I'm looking forward to my kids growing up looking at this new Superman's adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Man, Jon Kent as Superman in Son of Kal-El really has the potential to last for decades. I'm looking forward to my kids growing up looking at this new Superman's adventures.
    Hey, it's rude to post the personal diary entries of Tom Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Come on now. I'd hope my millions of rants on the matter (to the point where I even eyeroll at myself lol) would have, if nothing else, showed that it's a bit more than just wanting him to be a kid and stay a kid; and for him to do nothing but pal around with Robin or stay on the Hamilton farm (though I do think the move back to Metropolis was a mistake). If that were the case I'd have been up in arms over Damian being older too XD

Much as I love Super Sons, I'd sacrifice his friendship with Damian in a heartbeat if it meant he got a do-over. They're great together but their relationship isn't the reason they're my 2nd and 3rd favorite DC characters...well...Jon's not exactly #3 anymore...but you get the point.
    You’ve got a point, I was thinking moreso of the Twitter people I was interacting with, but it’s not fair to paint all Jon fans with the same brush especially since Twitter is a dumpster full of the worst sort of people. And to be clear, my petty jabs aside, there’s nothing wrong with wanting the Rebirth status quo back, or enjoying Tomasi/Jurgens more than anyone else, while it’s not an era I want to go back to I enjoyed it myself. You guys wanting kid Jon back have as much right to keep hoping for that as much as Sacred has the right to keep hoping for Superbro’s return.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Apparently it’s also sold out and going to a second printing

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...ller-gets-4th/
    Well congrats to Taylor I guess. Once again I’m left divided. I like seeing Jon succeed, I’m eager to see if he can successfully bring back some of the New 52 concepts I thought were good, much less eager to see Taylor go on to greater success given I’m sure he won’t be satisfied with just Jon. He’ll want Clark at some point and that’s not something I want.
    The nature of comics is cyclical. It'll always return to the status quo, eventually. PKJ said himself that while he won't be the one to de-age Jon, that's not to say someone after him will. And I'd be inclined believe him. That's more or less a simple statement of fact.

Dick and Damian are back where they belong after concerted efforts to bury them. The same should be said for Jon...so I'm going to keep bitching and moaning the entire time until the inevitable happens. My personal frustration comes from not other people questioning the validity of the inevitable, but DC itself denying the inevitable is even possible.
    Not sure what you mean here. They’re not saying Jon will never be a kid again, but they also aren’t saying he will be either. They’re going to let this initiative play out first. It’s like Superior Spider-Man, when it was ongoing both Slott and Marvel said Peter was dead forever but of course he wasn’t. They just weren’t going to spoil the ending.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not sure what you mean here. They’re not saying Jon will never be a kid again, but they also aren’t saying he will be either. They’re going to let this initiative play out first. It’s like Superior Spider-Man, when it was ongoing both Slott and Marvel said Peter was dead forever but of course he wasn’t. They just weren’t going to spoil the ending.
    I'm kinda glad you brought up Slott and Superior Spider-Man because I think that's an apt comparison. Doc Ock wasn't going to be Spider-Man forever, so don't treat it like it is, which is what I see DC doing with Jon.

Batman not having any money and living in an apartment isn't going to last forever neither nor is DC acting like it is. It's going to play out to its natural conclusion and once its run its course, everything will be put back to the way it was before. No harm, no foul. DC's not doing that with Jon. There's a difference between supposedly undermining your product by acknowledging it will end and just being silent about it and letting it be.

Comparing Superior Spider-Man, which took Peter Parker off the board, proclaimed him dead, and had a villain usurp his place as Spider-Man, to Superman: Son of Kal-El, which doesn't take Clark Kent off the board, does not kill him off, leaves him with his own book, and expands the Superman mantle to his son is disingenuous and a horrible comparison.

Comparing Superior Spider-Man, which took Peter Parker off the board, proclaimed him dead, and had a villain usurp his place as Spider-Man, to Superman: Son of Kal-El, which doesn't take Clark Kent off the board, does not kill him off, leaves him with his own book, and expands the Superman mantle to his son is disingenuous and a horrible comparison.
    Thanks, I'm here all week.

Thanks, I'm here all week.
    That's fine. That was truly a mindboggling take, though. There's no guarantee Jon Kent as Superman is temporary with Clark still flying around. If they want to give Clark a Superman book back, they'll just relaunch Superman and let Jon keep Superman: Son of Kal-El. That's probably exactly why they added 'Son of Kal-El' to the title.

That's fine. That was truly a mindboggling take, though.
    Take it up with Vordan. They're the ones that made the comparison in the first place.

There's no guarantee Jon Kent as Superman is temporary with Clark still flying around. If they want to give Clark a Superman book back, they'll just relaunch Superman and let Jon keep Superman: Son of Kal-El. That's probably exactly why they added 'Son of Kal-El' to the title.
    Why does there need to be two Supermen? Seems redundant and makes one of them look unnecessary. You decide which one's which.

I'm kinda glad you brought up Slott and Superior Spider-Man because I think that's an apt comparison. Doc Ock wasn't going to be Spider-Man forever, so don't treat it like it is, which is what I see DC doing with Jon.
    Uh they did though? They said that Peter Parker was dead and was never coming back. Slott even tells a story about how one time a little kid dressed as Spidey asked him when Peter was coming back, and Slott told him Peter was dead forever. While Superior was ongoing they never gave any indication it was anything less than permanent.
    Batman not having any money and living in an apartment isn't going to last forever neither nor is DC acting like it is. It's going to play out to its natural conclusion and once its run its course, everything will be put back to the way it was before. No harm, no foul. DC's not doing that with Jon. There's a difference between supposedly undermining your product by acknowledging it will end and just being silent about it and letting it be.
    Again, I haven’t seen anything from DC saying that Batman will be getting his money back any time soon. Maybe he will get his wealth back after Tynion leaves, and Alfred will return, but neither has been hinted at as happening by DC in the near future.
    I was making a point that expecting a company to say outright that a story doesn’t matter while it’s still ongoing is silly. I’m not saying Jon taking over for Clark is the same as Otto usurping Peter.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I was making a point that expecting a company to say outright that a story doesn’t matter while it’s still ongoing is silly. I’m not saying Jon taking over for Clark is the same as Otto usurping Peter.
    I was responding to garazza. I don't have a problem with what you were saying. Just what he twisted it into.

Uh they did though? They said that Peter Parker was dead and was never coming back. Slott even tells a story about how one time a little kid dressed as Spidey asked him when Peter was coming back, and Slott told him Peter was dead forever. While Superior was ongoing they never gave any indication it was anything less than permanent.
    Holy ****, really? Way to antagonize their audience. Now it feels even more apt.

Again, I haven’t seen anything from DC saying that Batman will be getting his money back any time soon. Maybe he will get his wealth back after Tynion leaves, and Alfred will return, but neither has been hinted at as happening by DC in the near future.
    But they're not denying that they won't go back to a rich Bruce Wayne. It's kind of unspoken that it's only temporary and won't last too long. It's being allowed to play out because eventually everything will be put back. It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when.

Astonishing Member

If it doesn't work out, always can turn him into like Injustice Supes. If that dont work out erasement.

Ha! You guys are dramatic. Also, of course Bruce Wayne will get his money back, but that doesn't affect anything else. It's a pretty irrelevant plot point outside of Tynion's book, to be honest.

Ha! You guys are dramatic. Also, of course Bruce Wayne will get his money back, but that doesn't affect anything else. It's a pretty irrelevant plot point outside of Tynion's book, to be honest.
    Heck he’s not even really all that broke, Wayne industries gave him a pay out and have you seen his new place in Detective Comics. Honestly if Bruce were just to make a few smart business investments he’d probably be back to where he was.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.