Page 36 of 208 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That's what TV is for.
    And now it's what the comics are for too! A teenage Jon Kent in both mediums! Man, I love cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    And now it's what the comics are for too! A teenage Jon Kent in both mediums! Man, I love cinema.
    Jon the only son who matters spends all his camera time playing second fiddle to some random twin & not doing much but if you like that medium good 4 you!
    Last edited by Journey; 04-26-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Jon the only son who matters spends all his camera time playing second fiddle to some random twin & not doing much but if you like that medium goof 4 you!
    Both my teen Jons are such supportive people, thank you! Goof 4 you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It is strange, but similar to Second Son, I'm under the assumption that it's more so a holding pattern than the point of her. My guess is that like Jace, a little later this year or the next she'll make the jump to Wonder Woman.
    I think they're making too much of an effort to promote her as Wonder Girl now, maybe because they don't feel they need to do with Diana what they might be doing with Bruce and Clark.

Both my teen Jons are such supportive people, thank you! Goof 4 you too!

Now that you mention it, Jon should dye his hair blonde! He's already exactly like his Superman & Lois counterpart, looking like him would be extra synergy! Our ideas keep bouncing off of each other.

Now that you mention it, Jon should dye his hair blonde! He's already exactly like his Superman & Lois counterpart, looking like him would be extra synergy! Our ideas keep bouncing off of each other.
    Don’t think they want to invite potential homelander comparisons for Jon, and yes I did basically just call that character blonde Superman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Actually I think making Jon Blond would be great to differentiate him from Clark so yes that's a great idea!! Making him a mini Homelander could do wonders for him!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Jon and Yara are good opposites to each other.
    Yeah!when jon acts like clark.Yuck! That superman/ww issue was boring heck! People jon is only getting fleshed out in cw . can't comment. Jon is only bland when these guys have writers write him with clark-ish personality.Adult or kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Don’t think they want to invite potential homelander comparisons for Jon, and yes I did basically just call that character blonde Superman.
    I would prefer dark purple hair for the kid.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-26-2021 at 10:25 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah!when jon acts like clark.Yuck! That superman/ww issue was boring heck! People jon is only getting fleshed out in cw . can't comment. Jon is only bland when these guys have writers write him with clark-ish personality.Adult or kid.

I would prefer dark purple hair for the kid.
    Even Kid Jon wasn't as cocky as Adult Yara. I'd imagine that younger Yara's even more hot headed and cocky.

Dyed bright hair with dark eyebrows and roots always looks cool

Last edited by OopsIdiditagain; 04-27-2021 at 12:22 AM.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Even Kid Jon wasn't as cocky as Adult Yara. I'd imagine that younger Yara's even more hot headed and cocky.
    Dyed bright hair with dark eyebrows and roots always looks cool
    I see it as going two ways.I wasn't talking about cockyness.That would be there.But,jon is a reckless and energetic guy.Jujutsu kaisen like hair would be too similar to fairytale.I believe,@blue22 would like it.I am ok with it.

Since we are on haikyuu.it's kinda funny,i always pictured Wakatoshi Ushijima as Superman/clark.This unbeatable and sincere monster eagle.Jon is kinda hinata in personality.Reckless guy jumping around causing a mess.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-27-2021 at 02:24 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

A new bit from Tom Taylor’s ABC Melbourne interview:

“It’s a new Superman, so this is a Superman that was born a few years ago in the comics and was suddenly aged up in a volcano—it’s all very strange. Slightly convoluted back history, but for us it’s all about finding a new Superman for today, it’s about finding really what is Superman today, what should he represent. And it’s about finding that relevance and finding issues around today. It’s easy enough to punch an alien invasion, but it’s harder to punch government inaction on the climate crisis. For me it’s about finding his story and him finding his own way.”
    I enjoyed Future State SM/WW, so I’ll be happy to see if the climate crisis plot point is explored. Kind of excited to see Jon be a different type of Superman and tackling modern issues by leaning onto his human side.

Incredible Member

What I got from that is that he's not really interested in writing Jon as Superman so much as he is interested in writing a Superman for today (and it just so happens he'll do it with Jon).

Wow, who knew that Clark was such an antiquated character, a boomer if you will, he can't adequately address modern problems and you have to make a new character for that and not that writers just won't write more nuanced stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    What I got from that is that he's not really interested in writing Jon as Superman so much as he is interested in writing a Superman for today (and it just so happens he'll do it with Jon).
    Taylor was done dirty. He finally got his chance to write to Superman and it's under a reviled editorial mandate that not even his good will with audiences can get over. From the sounds of it, he doesn't care about character so long as he gets to tell his story, which is unfortunate.
    Last edited by garazza; 04-27-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I’m sure he didn’t have Jon in mind as his first choice for a run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/