Page 130 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying, their breaking up off screen isn't the best example to use in terms of showing how relevant/irrelevant they were.
    Is Tim relevant even now, least of all Tim X Steph or Tim x anyone? Sorry, Tim fans but he's been, um, how can I put this nicely, backburnered since Damian appeared.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Is Tim relevant even now, least of all Tim X Steph or Tim x anyone? Sorry, Tim fans but he's been, um, how can I put this nicely, backburnered since Damian appeared.
    I'd argue Tim's only relevant when people on Twitter constantly ship him with Kon he's never mentioned outside that pairing which will never happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'd argue Tim's only relevant when people on Twitter constantly ship him with Kon he's never mentioned outside that pairing which will never happen now.
    Sad but true.

Edit he was supposed to play a key role over in "Fear State" but, yeah, so far, not so much....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Not only that, but new 52 completely rebooted the character to irrelevancy. it was 4 years being badly written by Lobdell. Bendis and Tynion tried, but their work were mostly undone so he could date a guy.

Tim hasn't been relevant since the New 52 began. And that's part of the problem I had with everyone rejoicing over his coming out. Like...yeah cool he likes guys but he's still the most superfluous member of the Batfamily. Is that the kind of representation people want?

#ItShouldHaveBeenJason

I wonder how Conner and Tim's friendship will be now? I think Tim being Bi should matter at all. But we will see.

Astonishing Member

Tim hasn't been relevant since the New 52 began. And that's part of the problem I had with everyone rejoicing over his coming out. Like...yeah cool he likes guys but he's still the most superfluous member of the Batfamily. Is that the kind of representation people want?

#ItShouldHaveBeenJason
    It all depends if they use this as impetus to MAKE HIM relevant. Start writing more substantive stories about him that just happen to include the new aspect of realizing his sexuality. Same as with Jon now. Jon is at the point where he is being highlighted and if they continue that and continue building him and his character with relevant stories then yes that is good representation.

If they just use it for a "Pride issue" blurb get a little media, then they go back into obscurity then it was a wasted opportunity to use the character finally.

Jon was also a prominent face in the fandome trailer who knows WTH they really got planned for this boy.

Astonishing Member

I wonder how quickly speculators will buy up all of issues with this coming-out, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I wonder how quickly speculators will buy up all of issues with this coming-out, lol.
    I suspect there'll be a run for issue 2 as that was the issue Jay debuted in.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    And here it is...

Jon Kent Finds His Identity in Superman: Son of Kal-El #5: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/1...on-of-kal-el-5

This still feels like clark kent with glasses x superman... Honestly, that's dynamic is what made superman.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Well, there it is. We all saw this coming right? Good for Jon. And...good for DC too, I guess, assuming this isn't *just* a cheap gimmick for them?

Anyway, real quick....

Honestly, I never really got any strong vibes of anything but straight from either of them. Despite how obvious people keep telling me it was with Tim.

If anyone in that generation was any kind of LGBT, my guess would have always been Bart. Even before the YJ cartoon gave him that implied relationship with Eduardo.
    Tim never read as bi or gay to me until Conner died. Dude went off the deep end in a bad way. And I kinda get it, one of my oldest and closest friends was murdered when we were 19 so I relate to Tim's pain. But what he did after Conner's death went way beyond anything "reasonable" and entered a real creepy level of obsession. And it seemed to me that maybe he lost his damn mind because he had been repressing his true feelings for so long and couldn't handle the idea of never being able to admit to them.

Conner, no I don't see him being anything but straight but I can see him being a "I'll try anything once" kinda dude.

Bart....if he's anything I'd think he's asexual. Kid has never seemed very interested in any kind of intimacy. He's kissed a few girls, but romance is so far removed from who Bart Allen is, I believe he'd simply have no interest in it at all.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Random, but Taylor was asked how old Jon was, and he answered "17. Almost 18".

Wondering if Jon's upcoming birthday will have any significance? In the book Clark even said that he wanted to give Jon his new suit on his 18th birthday.

Maybe that's when his powers will kick into higher gear? Maybe that's when he'll realize he's a Century Baby?? Maybe it'll just be a cute little birthday party that doesn't amount to much at all? Whatever the case, it's strage that they didn't just make him 18 when he came back from the Legion. Have to assume Taylor wants to do *something*-- however big or small-- with it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

Wondering if Jon's upcoming birthday will have any significance? In the book Clark even said that he wanted to give Jon his new suit on his 18th birthday.

Maybe that's when his powers will kick into higher gear? Maybe that's when he'll realize he's a Century Baby?? Maybe it'll just be a cute little birthday party that doesn't amount to much at all? Whatever the case, it's strage that they didn't just make him 18 when he came back from the Legion. Have to assume Taylor wants to do *something*-- however big or small-- with it.
    I'm sure it's just so they can have a birthday celebration issue. Though I have a sinking feeling there's an invisible countdown clock to when Jon turns "legal" like there was for young female stars like the Olsen twins and Britney Spears

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

Watch it be Jon loses his virginity at 18 because he's considered old enough then for sexual exploration by DC. They waited till Cassandra was about 17 almost 18 for Johns to have her sleep with Kon back in the day. So I have to wonder if that's going to be part of it. Same thing happened for Dick and oddly Jason too (ewww with Talia). It seems DC likes waiting till they are "adults" before having them engage in anything other than kissing on screen.