Page 134 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3110
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Will be cool to see Jon and Kaldur interact.
    Jon getting involved in every social movement he comes across, he really is a college kid.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

Superman: Son of Kal-El #4 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Daniele Di Nicuolo

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Man that art is fantastic! I love all of the facial expressions Jon makes. You just don't see Clark normally given that range to work with, so it's really nice that Jon as Superman is allowed that.

Love the idea of super speed and senses on reflex, and I love how the art lets us sit with it for a time rather than Jon just getting them out. I also love how seamless it is between super speed and normal speed.

INTANGIBILITY? Wasn't expecting that at all, but I actually think I love it! I'm also glad Taylor isn't making Jay a reincarnation of Jenny Sparks. For one, the implications of that idea would be a tall order for anyone, and likely not given the satisfaction we'd need. For two, I didn't like the idea of replacing a female character with a new male character-- minority or not. For three, that leaves Jenny open for a relationship with Jon down the line.

I'm sure Lee would want to keep that option open to eventually boost her via Jon. I like the idea of allowing for that early Peter Parker or Dick Grayson style choice in partners rather than nailing Jon all the way down at only just 17.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-15-2021 at 03:35 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Glad you were wrong about Jay being a Jenny reincarnation. Still want Jenny involved with Jon, whether as a potential LI or just a friend/partner makes no difference to me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Inb4 Jay has Kamui and that's how he got to the rooftop without Jon noticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Glad you were wrong about Jay being a Jenny reincarnation. Still want Jenny involved with Jon, whether as a potential LI or just a friend/partner makes no difference to me.
    I've actually grown fairly attached to the idea of exploring them as love interests. Jon's big grinning dork unironic optimism juxtaposed next to Jenny's seen-it-all-and-think-it's-**** (but I'm secretly an optimist) vibe. She gets his head out of the clouds a bit and reminds him that the real world is pretty dirty and complex, and he reminds her why she started doing this whole save the world thing in the first place.

Plus, the idea that the Superman who spent time in the 31st century and now wants to find his place in the 21st starts dating the literal personification of the 21st century is pretty neat.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Inb4 Jay has Kamui and that's how he got to the rooftop without Jon noticing.
    In before Jay is Mirio Togata.

He's intangible, I like that
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Jay having intangibility as his power is a really cool idea. Bullets bounce off Superman, while bullets pass right through his boyfriend.

I guess the question becomes how does Jay's intangibility work and what are its limits?

We know that it seems that he can make it so even Jon can't detect him based on issue 2 where he sneaks up on Jon. It also seem that Jay can activate this power on reflex before he's even aware and at the speed of a Kryptonian, not much can really catch up off guard.

But then is there a built in limit? Maybe time intervals/a "cool down"? Is it a full body thing or can he do it in sections? Can he do thing like short out electrical equipment? Does it matter how dense an object or person is?

The fire guy from issue 1 seemed to have a biological/emotional trigger that his powers were governed by, and it seems clear that he and Jay were modified by Bendix, so does the same sort of trigger hold true for Jay? As a supporting character power this is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    *Jay smirking in the face of danger*

That's such an anime moment lol. Reminds me of Kakashi and Izaya.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Man, Daniele Di Nicuolo should be the regular artist. Her art is much better than John Timms.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Man that art is fantastic! I love all of the facial expressions Jon makes. You just don't see Clark normally given that range to work with, so it's really nice that Jon as Superman is allowed that.

Love the idea of super speed and senses on reflex, and I love how the art lets us sit with it for a time rather than Jon just getting them out. I also love how seamless it is between super speed and normal speed.

INTANGIBILITY? Wasn't expecting that at all, but I actually think I love it! I'm also glad Taylor isn't making Jay a reincarnation of Jenny Sparks. For one, the implications of that idea would be a tall order for anyone, and likely not given the satisfaction we'd need. For two, I didn't like the idea of replacing a female character with a new male character-- minority or not. For three, that leaves Jenny open for a relationship with Jon down the line.

I'm sure Lee would want to keep that option open to eventually boost her via Jon. I like the idea of allowing for that early Peter Parker or Dick Grayson style choice in partners rather than nailing Jon all the way down at only just 17.
    I like how cartoony the art is, it makes the characters more likable.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    *Jay smirking in the face of danger*

That's such an anime moment lol. Reminds me of Kakashi and Izaya.

Jay feels more and more like kent with glasses each issue..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Now that Jon is fighting climate change I expect we should get an apology from Dean Cain any day now.