Page 79 of 208 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Holy ****, really? Way to antagonize their audience. Now it feels even more apt.
    Lmao I’m amazed you didn’t hear about that, I wasn’t on CBR but I was elsewhere and Spider-Man fandoms were foaming at the mouth and howling for Slott and editorial’s heads.
    But they're not denying that they won't go back to a rich Bruce Wayne. It's kind of unspoken that it's only temporary and won't last too long. It's being allowed to play out because eventually everything will be put back. It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when.
    But where have they said that Jon will likewise never be a kid again, or that Clark won’t be the “main” Superman again? PKJ has never said otherwise, he’s said the opposite! There’s no real difference in how either company is approaching the situation. In order for the story to have meaning you have to act like Jon is going to be Superman from here on out, just like how they’re acting like Wally will be the Flash from now on.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Does Clark need to be the "main" Superman again? As long as we get a steady stream of Clark Kent content, what incentive is there to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Does Clark need to be the "main" Superman again? As long as we get a steady stream of Clark Kent content, what incentive is there to do that?
    I personally don’t mind, if we get more standalone series outside main continuity like Superman ‘78 or Superman vs. Lobo, then I’m fine with sharing the mantle. Out of continuity Clark stories tend to be better since they’re focused on being stories and not just continuity clean ups. But the Big 2 tend to return to whatever the “base” is, and at DC that’s Clark, Bruce, and Diana as the main Trinity (i.e. the ones headlining the titular books, on the JL, crossing over, etc).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I personally don’t mind, if we get more standalone series outside main continuity like Superman ‘78 or Superman vs. Lobo, then I’m fine with sharing the mantle. Out of continuity Clark stories tend to be better since they’re focused on being stories and not just continuity clean ups. But the Big 2 tend to return to whatever the “base” is, and at DC that’s Clark, Bruce, and Diana as the main Trinity (i.e. the ones headlining the titular books, on the JL, crossing over, etc).
    My point is there's no need to return to the "base" as long as Clark stays in Action Comics. He's pretty much already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao I’m amazed you didn’t hear about that, I wasn’t on CBR but I was elsewhere and Spider-Man fandoms were foaming at the mouth and howling for Slott and editorial’s heads.
    I'm still relatively new to comics and was never really that interested in Spider-Man. The most I knew was that there was a large consensus that Slott had over-stayed his welcome as the Spider-Man writer.

But where have they said that Jon will likewise never be a kid again, or that Clark won’t be the “main” Superman again? PKJ has never said otherwise, he’s said the opposite! There’s no real difference in how either company is approaching the situation. In order for the story to have meaning you have to act like Jon is going to be Superman from here on out, just like how they’re acting like Wally will be the Flash from now on.
    It's their attitude and general approach to this situation. Why recreate the original cover for Superman #1 if they're not going to commit to aged up Jon as Superman? Why even relaunch the main Superman book if they don't intend to let adult Jon stick around? Why put so much emphasis on Clark getting weaker if Clark is just going to get his mantle back? Seems to me like DC is making an investment.

I'm still relatively new to comics and was never really that interested in Spider-Man. The most I knew was that there was a large consensus that Slott had over-stayed his welcome as the Spider-Man writer.
    Yeeeeah as far as I've heard, Slott's got a bit of a reputation for being kinda petty. And if the supposed reasoning behind Franklin Richard's recent...development is to be believed, then yeah...kinda petty.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-03-2021 at 08:29 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeeeeah as far as I've heard, Slott's got a bit of a reputation for being kinda petty. And if the supposed reasoning behind Franklin Richard's recent...development is to be believed, then yeah...kinda petty.
    What was the reasoning?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What was the reasoning?
    Just wanna point out this is "supposed". I've only been following his painfully mediocre F4 run so I won't even pretend to know enough about Slott to say if this tracks. But the reason I've heard from most people that I've talked to about it is that he wanted Franklin exclusively to himself and if Franklin had remained a mutant, he'd be under Hickman's umbrella too. So the solution was to make Franklin the Rachel Dolezal of mutants and to make Charles Xavier an even bigger ass than he's already been.

Either way, this whole thing has been dumber than the Wanda and Pietro retcon.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-03-2021 at 08:50 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Just wanna point out this is "supposed". I've only been following his painfully mediocre F4 run so I won't even pretend to know enough about Slott to say if this tracks. But the reason I've heard from most people that I've talked to about it is that he wanted Franklin exclusively to himself and if Franklin had remained a mutant, he'd be under Hickman's umbrella too. So the solution was to make Franklin the Rachel Dolezal of mutants and to make Charles Xavier an even bigger ass that he's already been.

Either way, this whole thing has been dumber than the Wanda and Pietro retcon.
    I don't even remotely put that past him. What a strange and vindictive way to write. Glad I'm over here with Superman.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I don't even remotely put that past him. What a strange and vindictive way to write. Glad I'm over here with Superman.
    Yeah, that's the downside of being into multiple things at once. I don't think there's ever been a point where I was pleased with all of the comics I've been into at the same time XD

Titans, X-Men, Runaways, Nightwing, Static, and Robin are all doing pretty good. Titans could be better. But for the most part, they're all alright.

Superman, Fantastic Four, Justice League, and Young Justice though....all ranging from "meh" to "yikes" for me right now.

BANNED

2nd printing

What a struggling title...

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    2nd printing

What a struggling title...
    ikr? Could it even make it to 8 issues?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I only read superman,action comics and sometimes wally west flash.superman and authority is by far the best superman book in years.. Morrison is the only one that can make me care for a superman(the dad space messiah shtick) as character.Overall,american comic books have been boring.I am not really into superheroes.I like kirby's world building though.That stuff is straight up fire.

I got into superman cause of his design resemblance to many characters that i liked through Their modern counterparts.It turned out supes was like those guys but he ain't no more.Then there is batman whom i absolutely hate, obnoxious sob.But,the guy has better outside media representation though.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-03-2021 at 09:20 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I only read superman,action comics and sometimes wally west flash.
    You're not reading Justice League? I thought Black Adam was your favorite character since he's everything you wanted Superman to be. I'm not mocking you, I honestly thought you loved the character (I think he's cool too)
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-04-2021 at 06:08 AM.

It's their attitude and general approach to this situation. Why recreate the original cover for Superman #1 if they're not going to commit to aged up Jon as Superman? Why even relaunch the main Superman book if they don't intend to let adult Jon stick around? Why put so much emphasis on Clark getting weaker if Clark is just going to get his mantle back? Seems to me like DC is making an investment.
    I can get this all seeming like it's more permanent if you are relatively new to comics. But this is really just standard operating procedure for a new relaunch. I've been reading for about 30 years at this point this has happened probably to every major character there is. Marvel did it with practically their entire line for about 5 years. They depowered and killed Bruce Banner replacing him with Amadeus Cho for a few years too. New #1, whole deal. Depowered Captain America brought him back as a Nazi. There is nothing about any of this that indicates it's anything out of the ordinary. I mean they killed Superman for a year, broke Batman's back the next year and replaced them both. The only difference was they didn't relaunch the books back then. But that was just because it really wasn't done then the way it is now.

I was skeptical about the direction of the line myself for a long time but have come around mainly because of Taylor and seeing what PKJ has done vs. What he was talking about initially and even then I don't think this direction is intended to go more than 2 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Heck he’s not even really all that broke, Wayne industries gave him a pay out and have you seen his new place in Detective Comics. Honestly if Bruce were just to make a few smart business investments he’d probably be back to where he was.
    Reminds me of what Stven Amell said when Oliver lost his fortune on Arrow. He's "rich person broke" - lost his mansion and company but still has like $20 million in the bank.
    Last edited by Yoda; 08-04-2021 at 04:24 AM.