Page 143 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 3110
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    Well, since the Legion of Super Heroes are canon, and Mon-El was revealed to be his great-great-great-great....grandson, I think it's almost safe to say he's going to have a lot of love interests. In addition, in House of El, Brandon Kent is also known to be his descendant.
    yeah, you're correct but DC and established continuity & consistency? hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    With things like Kon being created from Lex and Clark’s DNA and the existence of Kryptonian gestation matrix, I don’t rule out the possibility that Jon could have a biological child with Jay or another male partner.
    yeah, I also thought about that - hopefully at least one of Jon's descendants is from that kind of process with a male partner - it's so sci-fi, I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I'm open to Jon having other love interests, I am just nervous that that will be used as a way to put him with a woman and erase his bisexuality. DC has done that with other queer character like Catwoman and Wonder Woman, so I think that's a valid concern. Even more so when you consider how rare prominent queer men are in comics. They could put him with a woman and not have to have a visible queer character and still claim credit for him being LGBT. Not unlike how Marvel loves to brag about Deadpool being pan despite never having a male partner.
    Deadpool is a very good example of pan-erasure... I believe Taylor will be trying to handle Jon's bisexuality with respect. I'm more concerned about readers. Bisexuality is bisexuality - males, females, others as potential romantic interests and/or sex partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I had the thought that if they eventually did want to reintroduce Jenny Sparks, and they wanted to get her and Jon dating for a time (like 5G would've had them) then I think you can kill two birds with one stone by having Jenny be gender fluid/non gender conforming.

She's supposed to be the "spirit of the 21st century", so introducing that idea to her character would better reflect what has become a large aspect of the 21st century's make up.
    Very good point!!! And what about a (maybe even non-human) gender fluid/non gender conforming shapeshifter as a love interest for Jon? That would be spicy
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 10-27-2021 at 09:34 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

I expect Tom Taylor will do well with Jon.
    It’s how he’s handled after Tom leaves the book eventually I worry about.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Very good point!!! And what about a (maybe even non-human) gender fluid/non gender conforming shapeshifter as a love interest for Jon? That would be spicy
    You wouldn't hear me complaining!

Over in Young Justice they have Conner and Miss Martian dating, and one of the things that stuck out to me was the fact that she said that the body was just "clothes for the mind". This is a byproduct of their culture being centered around telepathy and shapshifting. Gender designations on that world (especially with how they're depicted in the show) seems arbitrary if not just a choice in pronouns.

I'd really love to see them push that idea to its rightful limits in the comics with maybe a new martian character or a totally new alien race. Rather than how Miss Martian ultimately settles on exclusively being female, this new character could literally change genders as easily as you or I pick out a shirt in the morning.

Like, imagine a 4 panel layout where Jon and this person are making out and each panel this person is shifting into not just different hair colors and what have you, but also different genders and races.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-27-2021 at 01:13 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

You know, with Krypton technology being what it is, I won't believe that Jon couldn't have biological children even with a guy/non-normaly reproductiev partner.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Lane View Post
    I'm in the group that also hopes Jonathan has several romantic relationships I'd say at 17 he's too young to find himself a love of life. He should be out having the best time of his life, whilst dealing with villains.
    Me too. Those kinds of romantic storylines made sense when things like high school sweethearts were common but now it feels a little outdated.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member

Honestly, right now, I rather just that Jon sticks it out with Jay, as we continue to explore Jay's character and Jon and Jay as a romantic duo. I've really grown to like Jay and the prospects he brings to himself and to Superman. I also appreciate that Jon is pursuing an Asian character, and an Asian male at that. (Asian male characters, all too much like Asian men in real life, tend to be underrepresented in the departments of desirability and love in the West, particularly cross-racially/cross-culturally.)

I also just feel it's a little too soon to be doing any serious or on-going ruminating on who Jon could go with at this point. Again, he's only just now with Jay; heck, the issue where this becomes a thing officially hasn't even happened yet. I say let Jon and the cute and cool Asian boyfriend to-be that he already has grow and be together for the time being, first.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Honestly, right now, I rather just that Jon sticks it out with Jay, as we continue to explore Jay's character and Jon and Jay as a romantic duo. I've really grown to like Jay and the prospects he brings to himself and to Superman. I also appreciate that Jon is pursuing an Asian character, and an Asian male at that. (Asian male characters, all too much like Asian men in real life, tend to be underrepresented in the departments of desirability and love in the West, particularly cross-racially/cross-culturally.)

I also just feel it's a little too soon to be doing any serious or on-going ruminating on who Jon could go with at this point. Again, he's only just now with Jay; heck, the issue where this becomes a thing officially hasn't even happened yet. I say let Jon and the cute and cool Asian boyfriend to-be that he already has grow and be together for the time being, first.
    I don't see why Asian Men have the best abs.

Over in Young Justice they have Conner and Miss Martian dating, and one of the things that stuck out to me was the fact that she said that the body was just "clothes for the mind". This is a byproduct of their culture being centered around telepathy and shapshifting. Gender designations on that world (especially with how they're depicted in the show) seems arbitrary if not just a choice in pronouns.

I'd really love to see them push that idea to its rightful limits in the comics with maybe a new martian character or a totally new alien race. Rather than how Miss Martian ultimately settles on exclusively being female, this new character could literally change genders as easily as you or I pick out a shirt in the morning.

Like, imagine a 4 panel layout where Jon and this person are making out and each panel this person is shifting into not just different hair colors and what have you, but also different genders and races.
    Very cool concept!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Agreed. Great post!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    yeah, you're correct but DC and established continuity & consistency? hahaha

yeah, I also thought about that - hopefully at least one of Jon's descendants is from that kind of process with a male partner - it's so sci-fi, I love it!

Deadpool is a very good example of pan-erasure... I believe Taylor will be trying to handle Jon's bisexuality with respect. I'm more concerned about readers. Bisexuality is bisexuality - males, females, others as potential romantic interests and/or sex partners.

Right on. I feel like there's limitless possibilities if a writer wanted to dip into the pool of the more non-humanoid Green Lantern character types. Morrison featured a lot of them in their recent GL run. Not necessarily saying those specifically, but something along those lines would be pretty cool to explore relationship-wise.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Right on. I feel like there's limitless possibilities if a writer wanted to dip into the pool of the more non-humanoid Green Lantern character types. Morrison featured a lot of them in their recent GL run. Not necessarily saying those specifically, but something along those lines would be pretty cool to explore relationship-wise.
    It was suggested in that GL run that the main universe Hal Jordan is actually pansexual - e.g., one of his romantic/sexual relationships was with a non-humanoid nurse from a space hospital (or something like that).

Your reference to Morrison's GL run is very spot on in the sense that that kind of space/alien framework would completely open up opportunities for sci-fi/non-humanoid relationships.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 10-29-2021 at 11:25 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Incredible Member

Unsurprisingly, issue #4 was one of the 10 best-selling titles of the week in bleeding cool's list -
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/a-la...al-of-magneto/

I guess the next issue is going to be ranked much higher. Wonder if Taylor would be able to keep the momentum.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Happy Halloween everyone. It’s been a wildfire since Jon came out but it’s nice to see that Jon and Jay are already many people’s choice of a couple’s costume.

x

x
    Scott Hoying of Pentatonix!

x They got wrong Superboy design but it says Jon Kent in the caption so it’s the thought that counts lol

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

x The creator of the popular series Boyfriends (one of top 5 series on Webtoons) also drew his characters dressed up as Jon and Jay.

It’s nice to see some positive content for them and that they’re already gaining traction as a couple!

Nice.

Gotta say, I'm disappointed in the Pentatonix guy. He must have money, and that cheap ass costume with the foam muscles is the best he can do?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.