Page 120 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Any particular reason why the Action Comics issue for the 28th is out but Son of Kal-El's preview for the same day isn't? Fridays usually seem to be the day for them these days, and from what I can tell all of the other DC previews are out alongside Action.
    Might be getting delayed again? The paper shortage seems to be poised to really hurt physical comics yet again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

ComiXology still has it coming out on the 28th. Maybe the beginning is spoiler heavy so they don’t want to drop the first section of the book?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    ComiXology still has it coming out on the 28th. Maybe the beginning is spoiler heavy so they don’t want to drop the first section of the book?
    But then why not just cut around it like they usually do with spoiler heavy previews?

And I've already read the reviews that seem to give a fairly spoiler-y rundown of the outline of the issue, and from what I've read it's a fairly standard "we now join it already in progress" opening that's just Jon and Clark saving people in a building.

I don't pretend to know anything about how the industry works, but even with the pandemic complications it's strange that the book had multiple delays and now doesn't have a preview going up when all other DC books have their previews going up. I'm not speculating anything, but I am taking note.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

What a shame. At least we have Action Comics this week.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    What a shame. At least we have Action Comics this week.
    My LCS guy said that Son of Kal-EL comes out this coming week . So I guess that we'll have 2 Superman books.

Not sure about physical but it’s out on comixology and I was able to download it with no problem so it looks to be out this week.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah it’s out. Ok I definitely now believe Jon and Jay will be a couple, Taylor set everything up so hard as “Jon bringing home his first boyfriend to meet his folks”. And the Kent Farm is gone lmao, guessing Pa and Ma aren’t dead though unfortunately . Oh well baby steps.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Even Lex Luthor would not be crazy enough to pull a stunt like Bendix just did, if you wanted to tick off a Superman you've done it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Must admit, it’s gratifying to see villains who don’t respect the “rules” and just go straight for the nuclear option.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Found out he had superpowers, helped him save some people, got carried by him in the air, and was introduced to the family.

If Jay was a female character this would be like the standard superhero love interest route on speedrun..

Whether it goes romantic or stays platonic I like the dynamic between Jay and Jon.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Incredible Member

I think it is pretty clear that Jay and Jon's relationship is going to be romantic in nature. I like their dynamic and Jays interaction with Lois. I also liked Bendix and the entire sequence of Jon and Clark saving that building.

I thought he protest and the interaction with cops was pretty cringe. Taylors laying on the liberal politics pretty thick. I guess the same could be said in Nightwing but in that book it feels natural and in character. Here, not so much. The cop trying to hit the girl for nothing and arrest everyone for illegal gathering is pretty unrealistic. Feels like it was written by someone who has only seen limited Instagram clips of protests. Living in Seattle and Oregon during massive protests, that's not how it goes.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I think it is pretty clear that Jay and Jon's relationship is going to be romantic in nature. I like their dynamic and Jays interaction with Lois. I also liked Bendix and the entire sequence of Jon and Clark saving that building.

I thought he protest and the interaction with cops was pretty cringe. Taylors laying on the liberal politics pretty thick. I guess the same could be said in Nightwing but in that book it feels natural and in character. Here, not so much. The cop trying to hit the girl for nothing and arrest everyone for illegal gathering is pretty unrealistic. Feels like it was written by someone who has only seen limited Instagram clips of protests. Living in Seattle and Oregon during massive protests, that's not how it goes.
    I can believe that a cop became belligerent at a protest and lashed out with violence. It only really takes one after all. But there is something that feels very "written" and unnatural about how it's handled though. If you were to read it out it's almost like a fake tumblr post written for attention.

"And then the cop tried to beat the protestor, but Superman stopped him and told him if he wanted to arrest the protestors he would have to arrest him too. And then everyone in the restaurant stood up and clapped."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by oddish1 View Post
    I can believe that a cop became belligerent at a protest and lashed out with violence. It only really takes one after all. But there is something that feels very "written" and unnatural about how it's handled though. If you were to read it out it's almost like a fake tumblr post written for attention.

"And then the cop tried to beat the protestor, but Superman stopped him and told him if he wanted to arrest the protestors he would have to arrest him too. And then everyone in the restaurant stood up and clapped."
    That's exactly my point. It is not necessarily the content but how its written. It didn`t feel real, it came off as on the noise and took me right out of the story. For instance, a similar story beat was explored in "I Am Batman" and it came off as organic.

Quote Originally Posted by oddish1 View Post
    If you were to read it out it's almost like a fake tumblr post written for attention.
    Well thats Taylor's style in general these days.

I’ll just say that it’s nice to get a Superman who does stuff like this again, Taylor’s heavy handedness in terms of approaching politics aside. Getting this as part of Jon’s foundation makes me happy.