Page 75 of 208 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3110
    Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So, I wondered how Taylor would write Clark reacting to Jon's new mission, and I think Taylor's already answered this plus given a peak at how Jon my respond.

So from the looks of things Clark is probably going to sit him down and try to explain how there are proper channels for this sort of thing, and how it's not their place interfere this much, and Jon's basically going to call BS on that, it seems. And he's going to ask his dad why he never did more with all that he could do, see, and hear.
    Interestingly enough Taylor revealed Clark’s reaction in his interview too:

“[Jon]'s seen a better world in the future and there's so much behind him but he is going to make mistakes and do things that are a bit reckless but his dad believes in him and says 'If you overstep, you'll do the right thing.' Clark believes [Jon] is the one to do that because he was born on Earth and this is his planet.”
    We also know that in their conversation on the moon Clark tells Jon, “This is your planet. This is your home”.

So it seems it will go the way of Injustice (no surprise) where Clark feels that he’s “not one of them” so it was Lara Kent who petitioned humanity because of her half-human heritage. We can see why Taylor streamlined Jon’s birth to better serve this one he’s trying to tell. I hope this storyline will let Lois and Jon have a conversation about what it means to change the world too because their human perspectives are so critical.

I also like the general idea of exploring how Clark and Jon are inverses of each other; Clark who’s a full Kryptonian who manages his dual identities of Clark Kent/Superman, and Jon who has dual Kryptonian/human heritage but basically has a single identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    While I'd have loved Lois to be the one to bail Jon out of jail, I think this scene and some version of this conversation is more important (plus, Clark will be leaving soon anyway). The passing of the torch being more than just the wholesome "well, here's a new suit and the keys to the Fortress, son", and instead creating a clear contrast at what was and what will be via having Jon literally say "I can't and won't be the same sort of Superman you were" is much more valuable.
    Okay, but what I REALLY want to know is how the rest of the world reacts to Jon’s arrest. There’s no way videos of it and his mugshot don’t go globally viral. Unless Batman does the Kents a favor and nips it in the bud, but why rob us of the juicy drama and headlines of “Superman/Superman’s Son Gets Arrested”? Show us the social media shitstorm and have Clark and Lois and the Daily Planet react to the publicity of that lol.

I feel like Jon will come to be known as the Superman of Metropolis.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Interestingly enough Taylor revealed Clark’s reaction in his interview too:

We also know that in their conversation on the moon Clark tells Jon, “This is your planet. This is your home”.

So it seems it will go the way of Injustice (no surprise) where Clark feels that he’s “not one of them” so it was Lara Kent who petitioned humanity because of her half-human heritage. We can see why Taylor streamlined Jon’s birth to better serve this one he’s trying to tell. I hope this storyline will let Lois and Jon have a conversation about what it means to change the world too because their human perspectives are so critical.
    I forgot that he had Clark answer. I figured Taylor would end that interaction on a down note. And the very second he talked about the climate crisis in that one-off interview before the real Superman interviews, I suspected Lara Kent's influence. Then he talked about the idea of it being the anti-Injustice and everything like that, and it's not hard to see that Taylor's had a version of this brewing for some time now. The flip side of Injustice where the child of Superman changes the world in ways Superman could never see himself doing because deep down that bit of him that still feels like a strange visitor just leaves him uncomfortable "overstepping".

Okay, but what I REALLY want to know is how the rest of the world reacts to Jon’s arrest. There’s no way videos of it and his mugshot don’t go globally viral. Unless Batman does the Kents a favor and nips it in the bud, but why rob us of the juicy drama and headlines of “Superman/Superman’s Son Gets Arrested”? Show us the social media shitstorm and have Clark and Lois and the Daily Planet react to the publicity of that lol.
    This is the sort of stuff that makes this so ripe for adaptation. Like I keep saying, that's just some sh!t you haven't see with Superman, and not something that people would normally think to associate with him.

And this can really set up any sort of public divide that may be associated with Jon. Some people think he's finally going after the real issues and villains while his father didn't, and others think he's going to run the legacy into the ground. And as a reader you'd get fully understand why this divide is there rather than it being somewhat arbitrary and a symptom of a vaguely more cynical DCU. You could easily see news cites taking pot shots, and others parsing him.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Too localized, while I’d like more focus on Metropolis as a setting, Superman tends to fly around Earth to wherever he’s needed. I’d actually like for them to refer to Jon as “Superman Secundus”, would fit with the Morrison influence.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Friendly Neighborhood Superman
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Friendly Neighborhood Superman
    Already taken.Since,the superman dynasty is gonna be a thing.How about Mr.prince??I am just joking..Man of the hour..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Yep, I can see the whole interaction after Jon is released being Clark trying to give advice, Jon calling him out and Clark going "do whatever you feel is the right thing, son" on him. Taylor's not going to totally trash Clark in-continuity (and besides, Morrison already did that on Blackstars).

As for his name, PKJ's Action Comics Annual continued the theme of "Superman of Metropolis as preparation for taking the full role of Superman", but I don't think Taylor will write Jon as just Superman of Metropolis. If anything, his concept for Jon is making him even less associated with Metropolis than Clark. I figure they'll just call him Superman in this book, maybe Superman Secundus when (if?) Clark comes back to be the one and only Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Lois is cruel for letting him walk out looking like that lmao
    When Damian said he'd sort out a secret identity for Jon didn't think he meant loan him the Blonde kid disguise he used in Deathstroke v Batman lol.

Enjoyed the first issue a lot more than expected. This series is off to a good start.
    Hope it does well.

I just realised something..where the hell did the kid get the licence from?

Astonishing Member

I don't doubt that Jon's been catching up with living in the present, getting all the stuff that's necessary for him to assimilate to society like any other teen/young adult like getting his driver's licence and even graduating from high school. I'm not bothered with not seeing every second of every day of his life detailing all these things as they aren't really all that pertinent to telling this next chapter of his life. If they really want to assuage those concerned that he's an uneducated hick, or cheating his way into society, Taylor with no doubt add a line/panel or two to show how Jon got to where he is pre/post his time with the Legion. My concern lies elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I don't doubt that Jon's been catching up with living in the present, getting all the stuff that's necessary for him to assimilate to society like any other teen/young adult like getting his driver's licence and even graduating from high school. I'm not bothered with not seeing every second of every day of his life detailing all these things as they aren't really all that pertinent to telling this next chapter of his life. If they really want to assuage those concerned that he's an uneducated hick, or cheating his way into society, Taylor with no doubt add a line/panel or two to show how Jon got to where he is pre/post his time with the Legion. My concern lies elsewhere.
    I was merely suggesting he might have faked it..Also,human schooling would be down grade for the kid.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-03-2021 at 02:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

It's weird to take time to learn how to drive but fake having a licence.

It's weird to take time to learn how to drive but fake having a licence.
    With his reflexes,speed and intelligence.That wouldn't have been much issue.Heck!the car might have felt like wind cart or something.It's not like earth is totally alien to have the fish out of water thing.He would know what steering wheel is and how to start the ignition.He might not have needed to "learn" it.It would gave been easy.Like a phd in maths solving differential equations..

Astonishing Member

Sure but why assume he's driving illegally just because the mechanics of it are supposedly easy?

Sure but why assume he's driving illegally just because the mechanics of it are supposedly easy?
    Because it takes time to get license. taking drivers test and stuff like that.I don't think jon has lived on earth nearly long ..