Page 11 of 208 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Wow, lots of pages and not even 24 hours. Hot damn folks this announcement has us churned up huh?

If y'all know me, you might know I don't like the idea of Clark having children just on principal, but also that I've accepted that Jon is a thing (for now) and, despite not agreeing with his basic existence, have enjoyed the character in some of his stories (usually when he's not eating Clark's page time in Clark's own books!)

I haven't read much from Taylor but what little I have, I've liked. And I like the artist. So I probably would've grabbed the first issue of "Superman Jr" if there were any extra copies at the LCS. Hell if the story had a good hook I might've even ordered a copy.

But....Clark losing a title for this? That just pisses me off. It's not surprising; the writing has been on the wall for a long damn time, but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I think I'll be passing on this, unless the premise is so f*cking incredible I have to read it. I can always pick up the trade later on if the word is good, but I'm not liking the idea of rewarding DC for taking away one of Clark's remaining books.

At least I'll have four issues of Morrison-Superman; I am super hyped for that!
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-21-2021 at 02:40 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    According to the description, Morrison's book is set to launch a new status quo for SM moving forward, it has to be the Summer event drawn by Janian that PKJ was talking about:

"If Superman is to free the prisoners of Warworld, he’s going to need help, the kind of help that doesn’t scream "Justice League." Fortunately, multi-Eisner Award-winning writer Grant Morrison (Wonder Woman: Earth One, The Green Lantern) and fan-favorite artist Mikel Janín (Batman, Future State: Superman: Worlds of War) have the solution in the form of a new four-issue limited series, Superman and the Authority. Launching July 20, this new team will be led by Manchester Black and combine original members Midnighter and Apollo with new members Enchantress and Natasha Irons, as well as new versions of Lightray and O.M.A.C. This new team will have to learn to work together, and fast, as the Ultra-Humanite has formed his own team of villains to take out the Man of Steel. This new limited series will help launch an all-new status quo for Superman, setting up story elements that will impact both Action Comics and Superman: Son of Kal-El in the months to come."
    I'm just catching up on all of this news but this is still so weird to me, since PKJ kept making it sound like a fall event and that he would be writing it? Has PKJ clarified his comments yet anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I doubt Taylor will be changing their dynamic at all to be honest, so I wouldn’t worry too much. I expect him to pretty much try to recreate the Super Sons dynamic in this book, regardless of whether that “fits” or not.
    It'll probably just be their dynamic in DCEased. Minus random Cassie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'm much more interested in seeing Jon and Jace, the new Superman and Batman, interact as the new World's Finest rather than a Super Sons redux.
    Well, I was personally invested in seeing them grow into their own World's Finest dynamic as adults, but now things are very topsy-turvey.

edit: mistake!
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 04-21-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm just catching up on all of this news but this is still so weird to me, since PKJ kept making it sound like a fall event and that he would be writing it? Has PKJ clarified his comments yet anywhere?
    Nope, guess we’ll have to wait to see what is solicited in Sept. Might be that plans changed, maybe PKJ was originally going to do the event until Morrison agreed to take on the job, or he was merely pretending he was going to do it to cover up Morrison being brought on for it. Or something else entirely.

John Henry Irons was on that spread ad but Natasha is the Steel on the Authority, so something else must be coming down the pipeline that has John involved. Least I hope so, no disrespect to Natasha but John is “my” Steel.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spencer posted this on Instagram. Definitely sounds like his run is about come to a close...
    Ummm, wrong thread, but cool pic and concept nonetheless.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Ummm, wrong thread, but cool pic and concept nonetheless.
    Too many tabs open, posted that in the wrong thread obviously. lol

Too many tabs open, posted that in the wrong thread obviously. lol
    No worries, it's far more interesting to me than the subject of this thread.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    As somebody who feels very strongly about wanting Jon deaged, this doesn't change anything. I don't care who they put on it. I want Jon de-aged and that's final. So I'm not giving it a chance and hope others will do the same so DC gets the message to de-age Jon.
    I'm in the same boat too, I'm really NOT that interested in Jon being aged up but also I don't think DC will get the message and de-age him after this development.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

My God, if even half of the hype around Taylor getting this book translates to books sold this will be the best selling Superman book in a long, long time. I'm still just floored how much of a force Taylor is.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Hopefully she'll appear in Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl, but i agree that she need a permanent place to be on.
    Too bad they gave Young Justice to Bendis. That book should have been a success.
    Cassie's due to appear in both. Wasn't there an art piece shown from Wonder Girl showing Cassie and Nightwing? And Wonder Woman's writer has said there's plans for both Cassie and Donna.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I mean, we (and I include myself in that as well) kind of are. We're getting literally like 5 books staring different iterations of our favorite character this summer and you'd think DC just canceled all of them with the tenor of some of these posts. I get it, I was until this morning pretty negative on this new direction. But I'm kinda happy that Taylor is getting Superman because I think that will address my biggest complaint.

Yeah, it's canon. Jon will be set on Earth in Superman. Clark's story is going off planet for what sounds like a Planet Hulk style run in Action Comics. Clark is still Superman there too. Morrison's book still looks to me to be set in the future after Worlds at War, but I suppose it could be a lead in to that. The gray hair looks to me to put it well into the future though, likely after the Future Midnighter does whatever he needs to do here to avert that future from happening.
    It was you right? It just been a couple of years but I remember you writting that and you are right. However I feel in the case of Jon that we are missing a few steps and I rather it just be a young Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    My God, if even half of the hype around Taylor getting this book translates to books sold this will be the best selling Superman book in a long, long time. I'm still just floored how much of a force Taylor is.
    He’s certainly popular, so I guess we’ll see how well he actually sells. His “brand” didn’t improve the sales of Suicide Squad, so he isn’t at that level of peak Scott Snyder/Geoff Johns/Tom King where he can raise a minor book’s sales simply by being on it. But this is a big book, “the” Superman book, so that might help.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-21-2021 at 07:07 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    It was you right? It just been a couple of years but I remember you writting that and you are right. However I feel in the case of Jon that we are missing a few steps and I rather it just be a young Clark.
    I said something to that effect last week in the Controversial thread. It's something I've long thought so I probably said it a few years ago and forgot!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s certainly popular, so I guess we’ll see how well he actually sells. His “brand” didn’t improve the sales of Suicide Squad, so he isn’t at that level of peak Scott Snyder/Geoff Johns/Tom King where he can raise a minor book’s sales simply by being on it. But this is a big book, “the” Superman book, so that might help.
    I think this being relaunched and not just continuing on from the current number will definitely help sales. It's a lot easier to sell people on a brand new #1 with a clear jumping on point than issue 62 or whatever.