Page 181 of 208 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3110
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Great art. Jon performing heat vision surgery on Inferno was cool. Again though not much to talk about beyond a couple of decent character moments.

Yeah that stood out to me too. I firmly believe this is going to end with Jay and the Revolutionaries killing Bendix and that being the rift between Jon and Jay.
    I feel like this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think that would actually be a great direction to take Jon's character making him Grey instead of a sunshine copy Clark would be lovely IMO
    Clark is not afarid of working with Superheroes that kills, he recuited Midnighter and Apollo to his team, who are willing to kill to save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I feel like this will happen.

Clark is not afarid of working with Superheroes that kills, he recuited Midnighter and Apollo to his team, who are willing to kill to save lives.
    Or Manchester Black.

spoilers:
    In Superman and the Authority #1, Manchester told Superman "No matter what happens, I will make a point of letting you down, seriously. If you can't see that, you really are losing it". Later on, Clark answered him "Black, if I was trying to appeal to a sociopathic super-maniac, I'd say something like this... You're wanted for a list of crimes as long as plastic man's arm. I'm looking for gifted people force to live beyond the law, beyond the consensus-- people with something to offer, who want to make a difference [...]. You have nowhere to go, Black. Nothing to live for. But you could stay here. You could stop running, and together we could do some good".

In Superman and the Authority #3 they talk about the no-kill policy. Black start saying: "Here we go --"Blah blah better back in the bleedin' silver age blah blah! Kids today blah blah irresponsible! Someone has to make a blah for the old values against blah blah generational anarchy" --Yyyawn". Superman then says "Not at all [...]. I'm encouraging you to use your powers in conjunction with your imaginations to avoid casualties, that's all. Opponents can't learn lessons when they're dead".
    end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    Or Manchester Black.

spoilers:
    In Superman and the Authority #1, Manchester told Superman "No matter what happens, I will make a point of letting you down, seriously. If you can't see that, you really are losing it". Later on, Clark answered him "Black, if I was trying to appeal to a sociopathic super-maniac, I'd say something like this... You're wanted for a list of crimes as long as plastic man's arm. I'm looking for gifted people force to live beyond the law, beyond the consensus-- people with something to offer, who want to make a difference [...]. You have nowhere to go, Black. Nothing to live for. But you could stay here. You could stop running, and together we could do some good".

In Superman and the Authority #3 they talk about the no-kill policy. Black start saying: "Here we go --"Blah blah better back in the bleedin' silver age blah blah! Kids today blah blah irresponsible! Someone has to make a blah for the old values against blah blah generational anarchy" --Yyyawn". Superman then says "Not at all [...]. I'm encouraging you to use your powers in conjunction with your imaginations to avoid casualties, that's all. Opponents can't learn lessons when they're dead".
    end of spoilers
    Ah! Manchester black.. love him for all the "blah!blah!"...Perfectly summarises Clark's lectures.Yeah!Clark still worked with them.And clark ain't their boss..They do what they feel is right.This shouldn't be batman and justice buddies.They can agree to disagree like adults do..Even come to blow or work together like equals do.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Loved Pa Kent’s talk with Batman in this, he earned that mug.

Can’t wait to see how this goes with Bendix next issue...also I’m always happy for more Krypto
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    It was a compliment.
    Jon is a hero.
    But Jay thinks heroes hold back by not killing.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i think one thing this issue makes clear is that jay thinks that killing is okay as long as it saves people, which i assume will be the thing that ends the relationship between himself and jon.

unless taylor writes it so jon isn't bothered by that, which would be weird
    It would be super weird, Jon's shown that he would not take the death of an enemy by his hands well.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    But Jay thinks heroes hold back by not killing.
    Jay literally said "They're not heroes like you, they don't hold back" He was pointed out that he considers Jon a hero when he compared him to The Revolutionaries because Jon will hold. However, in context of the whole conversation Jay was saying while the Revolutionaries may not be heroes, he doesn't believe that the Revolutionaries are terrorist.

Spectacular Member

I really think that for Jon's character development, he and Jay do need to break up and that Jon should start dating Dreamer. The love triangle possibilities would be off the charts!

So rather than trying to make him good on his own for once, he'd still just be a character whose defining trait is being surrounded by more interesting characters.

He and Jay breaking up would be nice, but not so he can just go on to immediately date someone else and start some Twilight ****. I know I compared Jon to Bella once before but damn xD

Make him single for a bit. Slow down with all the cameos and appearances from other heroes (I know Taylor loves his fanservice but it is actively hurting this book). Focus on Jon and who he is. Because we're 11 issues into this and he's still just "the Son of Kal-El". He doesn't have a life. He doesn't have a personality. He doesn't do anything that Clark wouldn't or couldn't do. Most of the time he doesn't even have any clothes aside from the slightly altered version of his dad's costume that he's rocking now.
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-13-2022 at 03:48 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think it's gonna be the opposite..jon needs to go the other way..Jon becomes the guy so caught up in revolutionaries and the truth..Jay becomes less and less so.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Mighty Member

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #14
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by CIAN TORMEY
    Cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    Variant cover by RAFAEL SARMENTO
    1:25 variant cover by TRAVIS MERCER and DANNY MIKI
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/9/22
    Henry Bendix has threatened and manipulated and killed without consequence. Now, after a shocking coordinated attack on Earth’s heroes, it’s time for Superman, Jay, and the Revolutionaries to strike back. But first, Jay Nakamura must embrace his powers and become the hero Jon knows he can be.

Well, now he's just another Superhero love interest with powers and a costume. Which, granted, is something his dad doesn't have right now, but still.

What, are we making him Phantom Boy or something...?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, now he's just another Superhero love interest with powers and a costume. Which, granted, is something his dad doesn't have right now, but still.

What, are we making him Phantom Boy or something...?
    We do know if Jay will be good, bad or something in the middle but it is interesting that it seem to be Jon pushing toward being a hero.

I starting to believe that Taylor may actually slowly build the X-Men vs the Brotherhood teams dynamic in this book.

The Revolutionaries on one side and Jon along with Dreamer and maybe a few of the Post Humans that have been introduce on the other.

I genuinely think it’s a neat idea that Jon will hear about Jay and the revolutionaires from Batman but still decide they are worth it and try to make them better then they are...because you know that’s what Superman would do.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I genuinely think it’s a neat idea that Jon will hear about Jay and the revolutionaires from Batman but still decide they are worth it and try to make them better then they are...because you know that’s what Superman would do.
    Yes that's true, Jon is certainly no Luke Skywalker.