Page 163 of 208 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3110
    Incredible Member

I'm more surprised by the fact it's not bat-shaped candy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Preview continued...Batman's carrying candy in his belt?
    Yep, he has them in case he needs to distract children

Mighty Member

Variant cover for Superman: Son of Kal-El” #10 by Simone Di Meo

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #10
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by CIAN TORMEY
    Cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    Variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    1:25 variant cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/12/22

Henry Bendix’s plans are now clear. Gamorra’s president won’t stop until he has total control. He’s now sold his strategy to other dangerous regimes. Only Superman and his allies stand in the way of Bendix’s dark vision for the world…a world where superheroes are put in their place, discredited, and even destroyed. A world where heroes are replaced by agents of those ruthless enough to have seized power. The Rising has begun!
    Cian Tormey is on a couple of issues, wonder if Superlad’s prayers were answered and Timms has been swapped off the book? Sounds like we will finally be getting into the first big event of the run soon at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Superman: Son of Kal-El (2021-) #7 is at #3 on Comixology, nice to see it is still doing well in digital sales.
    http://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers
    Pretty consistent top seller on ComiXology, Taylor usually has a strong digital fanbase. Nice they showed up for this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Variant cover for Superman: Son of Kal-El” #10 by Simone Di Meo

Looks like ichigo..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Cian Tormey is on a couple of issues, wonder if Superlad’s prayers were answered and Timms has been swapped off the book? Sounds like we will finally be getting into the first big event of the run soon at least.

Pretty consistent top seller on ComiXology, Taylor usually has a strong digital fanbase. Nice they showed up for this.
    The perfect mix of cartoony and realistic. I like his Jon.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

hope this trend continues. the jon and jackson arc looks promising
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

tom taylor pulled recites on his haters, Jon is not going anywhere if he keeps doing this well

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    tom taylor pulled recites on his haters, Jon is not going anywhere if he keeps doing this well
    *eye roll*

Strange that he chose today of all days to have a very public confrontation with a small but vocal minority of comic "fans" (if they can even be considered fans) who probably don't even read comics about sales on the same day as a one shot that was apparently thoughtfully written and actually gave Jon some character and personality and depth, something he has failed to do in seven issues and an annual. He could've chosen any other day and done this at any other time if he cares that much about defending his book, and yet he still chose today.

You're right, Tom, your book hasn't dramatically dropped in sales because of "Go Woke, Go Broke." It dropped dramatically in sales because it's a boring book and fails to give aged up Jon any personality or character. Stop hiding behind making Jon bi (has the word "bisexual" even been printed in one of his issues?) that you failed to put over the age up or Jon as Superman. So dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    *eye roll*

Strange that he chose today of all days to have a very public confrontation with a small but vocal minority of comic "fans" (if they can even be considered fans) who probably don't even read comics about sales on the same day as a one shot that was apparently thoughtfully written and actually gave Jon some character and personality and depth, something he has failed to do in seven issues and an annual. He could've chosen any other day and done this at any other time if he cares that much about defending his book, and yet he still chose today.

You're right, Tom, your book hasn't dramatically dropped in sales because of "Go Woke, Go Broke." It dropped dramatically in sales because it's a boring book and fails to give aged up Jon any personality or character. Stop hiding behind making Jon bi (has the word "bisexual" even been printed in one of his issues?) that you failed to put over the age up or Jon as Superman. So dramatic.
    Yet,you think superman is relevant and clark kent has personality?How does that even work?I concur jon's personality is a bit lacking.But,Saying clark has any of it is very much being an ostrich.This is clark kent.(Unless a morrison or moore gets a hand on the character)

might i suggest cleaning up the characters act in general.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yet,you think superman is relevant and clark kent has personality?How does that even work?

Sorry, couldn't resist. But what do you mean? I talked about Jon's personality (or lack thereof) and his staying power as aged up and Superman, but nothing about Clark. What was it about Jon that applies to Clark?

I concur jon's personality is a bit lacking.But,Saying clark has any of it is very much being an ostrich.This is clark kent.(Unless a morrison or moore gets a hand on the character)

might i suggest cleaning up the characters act in general.
    I forget, are you the guy that really likes Silver Age Superman and Tom Strong stuff? If so, then I guess we just have different ideas about Superman and that's OK. But what I'm having trouble with understanding is why you said my claim that Superman has a personality puts me in the minority position but then you show a video of Superman having a personality that proves my point?

Sorry, couldn't resist. But what do you mean? I talked about Jon's personality (or lack thereof) and his staying power as aged up and Superman, but nothing about Clark. What was it about Jon that applies to Clark?

I forget, are you the guy that really likes Silver Age Superman and Tom Strong stuff? If so, then I guess we just have different ideas about Superman and that's OK. But what I'm having trouble with understanding is why you said my claim that Superman has a personality puts me in the minority position but then you show a video of Superman having a personality that proves my point?
    See that's what i am talking about.You have a better personality than how clark is normally written with.

If you are gonna have standard apply, it equal to all superman.Otherwise,be honest about your bias.Naturally,If jon doesn't have a personality.Show me clark's(whatever version you like) has personality so that he could be thrown back in as superman.

Not exactly silverage.Goldenage outlaw.That's my superman.But,even silverage and bronze age had better personality..A video showing him doing a "remeber kids!!don't do drugs"and rightly gets called a dork by the kid.No less.Wouldn't call that having a personality.As the kid said.

I think you may have missed the point of Tom Taylor twits. The book hasn't dramatically dropped in sales in December because there was not an issue released that month. Issue #5 was on sale on November while issues #6 and #7 were released in January. That's why there is no Superman: Son of Kal-El issue in the top-50 for December. We will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Marvel Man; 01-26-2022 at 09:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member

*eye roll*

Small but insistent who continue to harass him
    I’m glad he stands up for himself

B2E6F8D8-7F64-43A6-AFB5-3699F9FDF145.jpg