Page 10 of 208 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hey Waid is (maybe) getting to do a sequel to Birthright, as long as he gets to do that I bet he’s happy. He definitely hates the current status quo though lmao, he was on a podcast recently where he reiterated that he’s not a fan of the Kents being alive or the marriage.

Honestly Sacred, as long as we get more standalone young Superman comics, I could not care less if they’re “in-continuity” or not at this point. Superman in the mainline has such a messed up continuity I don’t care anymore, give me more Superman ‘78, give me that Superman & Lois mini, give me Waid doing a follow up to Birthright set in the Birthrightverse and I’m fine with them doing whatever with Jon. Jon is never going away anymore than Damian will, at this point that seems clear, and I like Jon so I’m fine with that. Just disappointed it’s Taylor they’re entrusting with making him Superman.
    Oh I don't either. I used to be married to continuity and felt other stuff "didn't matter", but that part of me faded away years ago. I'm down for any good story. Its why Klan and Yang's Batman/Superman are the only books I've gotten in I think going on two years and I love the hell out of them. And I plan to start Red and Blue I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But at the same time I know the sway that that the in-continuity concept still holds, and on those grounds that's probably why all this bothers me so damn much. When I see my favorite character done dirty (at least in my estimation) in any way it cuts. Its hard to temper that with 40 years of love, essentially. Falls into talks of being a curmudgeonly fanbase. That's exactly an apt word to describe me right now, I own it, and it can lead to not just focusing on the content I DO like.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-21-2021 at 01:12 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I just find it ironic that a user with the name "Superboy Prime" hates continuity changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I just find it ironic that a user with the name "Superboy Prime" hates continuity changes.
    Comics were better back when I was 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh I don't either. I used to be married to continuity and felt other stuff "didn't matter", but that part of me faded away years ago. I'm down for any good story. Its why Klan and Yang's Batman/Superman are the only books I've gotten in I think going on two years and I love the hell out of them. And I plan to start Red and Blue I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But at the same time I know the sway that that the in-continuity concept still holds, and on those grounds that's probably why all this bothers me so damn much. When I see my favorite character done dirty (at least in my estimation) in any way it cuts. Its hard to temper that with 40 years of love, essentially. Falls into talks of being a curmudgeonly fanbase. That's exactly an apt word to describe me right now, I own it, and it can lead to not just focusing on the content I DO like.
    Maybe it’s because so much of my intro to comics was out of continuity standalone stories in the library that make me more willing to embrace the destruction of continuity DC has done. I totally get why others are exasperated though. Still I think there are some stories coming down the line that will appeal to those unhappy with the current status quo, and you can always hope that come the next reboot, DC will wipe away everything you don’t like. But I would rather they did an “Ultimate” DC with ongoings set on another Earth rather than try to start over from scratch with Earth 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I doubt that’s unintentional
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Good lord, you really are Superboy-Prime.

Shut up, SuperWhiner-Prime.

You're not him, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    Shut up, SuperWhiner-Prime.
    No need to be rude, Jorge.

Incredible Member

I think Tom has a lot of work cut out for him. Old Jon is just meh. He's such a blank slate that it's painful. I'm glad Damien will show up at least. They honestly should just time skip or had used Death Metal to age up Damien it would've allowed to work their friendship more.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I think Tom has a lot of work cut out for him. Old Jon is just meh. He's such a blank slate that it's painful. I'm glad Damien will show up at least. They honestly should just time skip or had used Death Metal to age up Damien it would've allowed to work their friendship more.
    Eh. It's currently the same difference in age as before. The only thing that's changed is that Damian is the younger one now.

Damian's been around long enough for me to not mind them aging him up the same way I do with Jon. But it's not really necessary for their friendship since the gap was always there. I'm just not looking forward to how it might change their dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Eh. It's currently the same difference in age as before. The only thing that's changed is that Damian is the younger one now.

Damian's been around long enough for me to not mind them aging him up the same way I do with Jon. But it's not really necessary for their friendship since the gap was always there. I'm just not looking forward to how it might change their dynamic.
    I doubt Taylor will be changing their dynamic at all to be honest, so I wouldn’t worry too much. I expect him to pretty much try to recreate the Super Sons dynamic in this book, regardless of whether that “fits” or not.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I doubt Taylor will be changing their dynamic at all to be honest, so I wouldn’t worry too much. I expect him to pretty much try to recreate the Super Sons dynamic in this book, regardless of whether that “fits” or not.
    That would make Old Jon a hell of a lot more interesting.

I'm much more interested in seeing Jon and Jace, the new Superman and Batman, interact as the new World's Finest rather than a Super Sons redux.

Man Yoda wasn’t kidding about Taylor being good a social media. He was briefly trending on my Twitter and his reveal of the book got far more attention than the announcement from the official Superman Twitter account!
    https://twitter.com/tomtaylormade/st...805658114?s=21

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Jon will make his own version of the Authority or form a team of his own eventually.