Page 63 of 208 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Now that doesn't sound like damian at all...he's gone to hell and came back .

Damian is always challenging jon to be super..I haven't seen anything wrong with interactions with jon and damian under pkj or taylor.I don't feel it's editorial or whatever.it's serving the direction they are going.that's it.
    Super-sons where stagnant for a while now..i am glad it's up and running.maybe they can do a teamup book again. Down the lane.
    Superman and Robin team up? That would be interesting. Like back in the days of Robin Dick but without batman.

Astonishing Member

Pretty nice start, but it's more of introduction for newer readers.
    maybe they can do a teamup book again.
    Considering, that Taylor and Williamson both mentioned numerous times that they always keep in touch regarding their titles, and Taylor can't stop talking about Super Sons still being the thing, I'm sure that's their plan for next year. And it would be better, than an infinite number of guest appearances, or crossovers.

Yeah I liked it as a first issue, it’s pretty clear Clark is gone by this point in reading this and that Jon is just starting out on being Superman. So far so good but I do kind of wish it was a longer first issue, other then that good job by Taylor.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Meh it was a basic first issue nothing spectacular but I'm sure some people will eat it/hype it up more than required, gotta say only thing I majorly disliked was the art, the way he draws male faces had Jon looking 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Meh it was a basic first issue nothing spectacular but I'm sure some people will eat it/hype it up more than required, gotta say only thing I majorly disliked was the art, the way he draws male faces had Jon looking 30.
    Oh yeah it’s not the greatest first issue ever, it’s basica set up. But I think it does a nice job showing you his origins as Superman’s son, showing how good he is as a person and that he cares about people, his internal struggles, and his friendship with Damian. It’s setting up the beats of the run but yeah it’s just a first issue
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean I don't even think its just comics at this point, look at TV as well. Lois & Superman is doing well as a show and it stars the introduction of not just one but two teenage sons of superman, one of which has powers, not just on cable but they put it on HBO MAX as well. Which by the way, was created because a crisis aged up his and lois' baby. Some people might already be getting used to the idea of Superman having a teenage son with powers
    Cable? The CW is the fifth major network.
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Btw who is the comic equivalent of Jordan?
    It's Jon. The Jon in the show at least visually looks more like Conner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    A Yahoo interview? Blows my mind that site is even still around.
    They do other stuff besides just web searches you know. It's true that the search stuff is pretty much redundant - they and Microsoft's Bing are a distant second and third behind Google. But Yahoo does have other services which remain popular - it's still the 12th most popular website.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Like fathers like sons

I thought it was a good intro but it felt like it lacked a 3rd act.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-27-2021 at 06:13 PM.

I liked everything except Damian pages. If this is Taylor's understanding of the Super Sons dynamic then I'd prefer if that was the last we saw of Damian.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I liked everything except Damian pages. If this is Taylor's understanding of the Super Sons dynamic then I'd prefer if that was the last we saw of Damian.
    Yeah Taylor got Damian's voice all wrong. In fact, Taylor basically just used Damian to be his mouthpiece for Taylor's opinions about the world.

Also, this "could do more" theme is also in his Nightwing run, except he hasn't delivered at all on how Bats and Supes could be doing more. Let's hope Taylor starts delivering soon in both series. I'm kind of tired of the build-up; it's time for the payoff, and hopefully Taylor's ideas are smart or at least interesting.

Enjoyable for issue, but not that great. The art definitely doesn't help, i never really liked Timm's art and the reason is 100% cause of the faces he draw. All the faces in this book look weird, if that wasn't the case i would actually enjoy his drawings.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

BANNED

I’m sure all two dozen kid Jon fans are going to hate this comic no matter what

Well, contrary to how I may present myself here, I didn't wanna hate it. And I actually didn't hate. But I didn't like it either. It was a solid first issue, as I expected. But....that's all I really have to say about it. It was alright. Definitely wasn't terrible (I didn't expect it to be, anyway). But nothing that would really sell me on what's going on with Jon now. Taylor's got two more chances. I may not love this Jon. And I probably never will. But I do genuinely want to at least tolerate him so that I can at least stop being annoyed whenever I see him in other books that actually get my attention lol

Really the one thing I was banking on being good was the scene with Damain. And while it was better than PKJ's and A LOT better than Bendis'....It still wasn't good. I'm just...starting to not really give a **** about their friendship anymore.

It was alright. Jon Kent will never be the real Superman, though. That will always be Lex Luthor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Well, contrary to how I may present myself here, I didn't wanna hate it. And I actually didn't hate. But I didn't like it either. It was a solid first issue, as I expected. But....that's all I really have to say about it. It was alright. Definitely wasn't terrible (I didn't expect it to be, anyway). But nothing that would really sell me on what's going on with Jon now. Taylor's got two more chances. I may not love this Jon. And I probably never will. But I do genuinely want to at least tolerate him so that I can at least stop being annoyed whenever I see him in other books that actually get my attention lol

Really the one thing I was banking on being good was the scene with Damain. And while it was better than PKJ's and A LOT better than Bendis'....It still wasn't good. I'm just...starting to not really give a **** about their friendship anymore.
    Don’t let the door hit you on your way out