Page 45 of 208 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

If anyone thinks Jon as the hyped new Superman with one of the most popular writers working at DC today *isn't* going to find his way into Bendis' JL book-- a book that's been described as where all the current events of the DCU collide-- in some way (if not for a while) then I've got some property on the moon that I think would be perfect for you.

I mean, the dude's still doing Checkmate (where Lois is easily one of the most central characters), his next big arc is a direct follow up to his Superman run, and his Legion book coming back is the worst kept secret ever.

Like does anyone really think he won't pull a Naomi with Legion, and basically continue that story in Justice League via an arc or something till the book is back? And who is the character that's central to Legion and 21st century DC? Jon.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

That is just so tragic.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well, nothing about Jon (or even Yara or Jace) being on the League stops Clark from coexisting in the universe. He'd simply be with the Authority rather than the League, and he'd still have his own book.

I honestly think particular version of the League that Bendis is crafting is perfect for what Jon seems to be right now. For one, the age gap has been addressed directly in the form of Naomi joining. But also this is a League that's showing itself to be more proactive and willing to hear new voices.

And on top of that you need a Superman on a modern incarnation of the Justice League, but if you have that then Black Adam can't actually lead the team as they seem to be setting up. Adam wouldn't be able to strong arm a choice into being if Clark were there to just go "haha f&%k no". So you have Jon. Jon's in a position where he doesn't even want the job as Superman let along leader of the league, so him not putting up a fuss at Adam taking lead wouldn't be out of place, and it would also for the interesting dynamic of an Adam lead JL to function on the main team.
    You misunderstand me, what I mean is—will we get the Future State Justice League team eventually? The one with Jon, Jace, Yara, Andy, Jo, and Jess, after they’ve all been set up. Especially since this whole Infinite Frontier business is basically heading towards Future State.

The way I envision it is that Jon may be on Clark’s League for now, but maybe after Clark returns from space and takes his spot back Jon can still form his own League spin-off team. He needs a team to be on and the Titans or YJ feels like an odd fit, whereas the FS dynamic has already been set up.
    Last edited by oneveryfineday; 05-05-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    You misunderstand me, what I mean is—will we get the Future State Justice League team eventually? The one with Jon, Jace, Yara, Andy, Jo, and Jess, after they’ve all been set up. Especially since this whole Infinite Frontier business is basically heading towards Future State.

The way I envision it is that Jon may be on Clark’s League for now, but maybe after Clark returns from space and takes his spot back Jon can still form his own League spin-off team. He needs a team to be on and the Titans or YJ feels like an odd fit, whereas the FS dynamic has already been set up.
    Oh then no I doubt we'll get *exactly* that team ever. I mean, we already know some aspects of Future State just will not be happening, or will be heavily altered. Like, Jon in Future State was specifically not as powerful as a normal Kryptonian, but in the present day he's already showing signs of being stronger than Kal and Kara. And we know that Jon will not be shrinking the city.

I think it'll be the opposite, and if Clark does return anytime soon, then there'll be a more classic off-shoot league for him, or he'll continue with the Authority.

I think the fact that Jon is getting the actual Superman book changed into his own Son of Kal-El book is an indication that they're more likely to give him and any other new heroes a main book like the normal JL book. That said, I see it becoming a mix of old and young/new heroes (that's more or less the mission statement of Bendis' book as he words it in and out of the book).
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post

I definitely see some incarnation of that team being formed given Jace and Yara are being set up in the present alongside Jon. Andy is the only one where I can’t see her taking on the mantle any time soon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think we're heading toward the whole smash. At least Trinity-wise, but likely even Big 7-wise. But even if not, Jon at the very least will be everywhere. If they're going to cement him they need to use other characters in the verse as their mouthpieces to tell us how super awesome he is all the time.

Book things like Barry and/or Wally marveling at his speed, Harley Quinn swooning over him, Diana personally championing him because as Clark's best friend, if she's impressed then whoa nelly (if she comes back to Earth anytime soon), stuff like that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-05-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Flash is another question mark. Jess Quick is absolutely going to show up, but will they be replacing Wally in the role? Future State Flash was awful and that’s the one future that I don’t think will have any chance of coming to pass. If Wally does step aside again, I think he’ll be the last of the “big” characters to do so.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Pushing Wally again makes me wonder. But I could see them just partitioning off another space for another legacy there when Jess eventually shows up in canon, since really the Flash mythos is built upon that now on its own merits. Maybe symbolically she replaces Barry whereas Wally will still do his thing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Apparently Jess is supposed to come from another Earth and help some version of Jon's Justice League out with a Crisis.

If Crisis is on its way, then I suppose there's your answer. This Crisis may be Jon's gen stepping up for their first big test?

But maybe Jess goes by Kid Flash rather than Flash? It's possible they may do the aspect of Flash Future State where most of the Flash family is having their speed taken away aside from Wally? Since Jess is from another Earth it doesn't harm them?

Apparently Jess is supposed to come from another Earth and help some version of Jon's Justice League out with a Crisis.

If Crisis is on its way, then I suppose there's your answer. This Crisis may be Jon's gen stepping up for their first big test?

But maybe Jess goes by Kid Flash rather than Flash? It's possible they may do the aspect of Flash Future State where most of the Flash family is having their speed taken away aside from Wally? Since Jess is from another Earth it doesn't harm them?
    Now that you mention it, this Crisis in 2023 does seem to coincide around when Tynion says he plans to be done with his Batman. Could see Jace taking over as Batman around then and the rest of the mainline Leaguers getting replaced after the Crisis. I doubt people are going to be happy to see the other Flash Family members lose their speed to facilitate the new guy though

Jess goes by Kid Quick if I remember from the Christmas special. My current assumption is that Jess will appear in Infinite Frontier, Williamson said we would see them again soon, and Williamson wrote in Future State justice league that Jess came to the main earth because of a Multiverse conspiracy.

Well guess what the solicitations for Williamson’s Infinite Frontier series is teasing? A Multiverse Conspiracy! So my guess is Barry Allen is getting a new multiversal sidekick.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That is just so tragic.
    Agreed. Literally the only upside I could find to all this was that Bendis most likely wouldn't be writing Jon anymore (at least not as a major player in any of his books). I already don't wanna see him taking Clark's spot in a JL book. But a JL book written by Bendis? No thank you. -___-

Yara too, for that matter. I actually really like her. And he has a habit of taking characters that I liked and making me....not like them anymore (I was very much Anti-Carol Danvers until her movie came out, because of him)

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Jess goes by Kid Quick if I remember from the Christmas special. My current assumption is that Jess will appear in Infinite Frontier, Williamson said we would see them again soon, and Williamson wrote in Future State justice league that Jess came to the main earth because of a Multiverse conspiracy.

Well guess what the solicitations for Williamson’s Infinite Frontier series is teasing? A Multiverse Conspiracy! So my guess is Barry Allen is getting a new multiversal sidekick.
    Great points all round!

I'd even forgotten they went by Kid Quick. I think you're totally right about them becoming Barry (or Wally's) sidekick.

Seems like Williamson's going to be the one to take lead on this new Crisis event

He’s said he’s writing more stuff that hasn’t been announced yet, and he seems to be the new architect succeeding Snyder given he’s writing the Infinite Frontier mini. Hope his event is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I definitely see some incarnation of that team being formed given Jace and Yara are being set up in the present alongside Jon. Andy is the only one where I can’t see her taking on the mantle any time soon.
    I'd still rather have Jackson as the new aqua person anyway.