Page 22 of 208 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Seriously. There's a lot in Injustice you could hold against Taylor. But the Lois thing was something established in the games, not his story. He had to abide by the games. And in the world that Neatherrealm established, that is what happened to Lois. That is what happened to Clark. He had no say in any of that aside from the exact circumstances.

I loved DCeased but I wouldn't want any of the things we saw there to happen in the main universe. Sometimes you just gotta remember these things are just an AU.
    And maybe he doesn't like the Injustice games, or play video games at all, but he still has bills to pay and that was the gig he had available to him. People forget, this is a job. You don't have to like your job in order to do it, and halfassing your job because you don't like it is a great way to become unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's the spirit.We all need a krypto in ourlives.He's good boy.#krypto4superman
    I disagree with you completely on this.

Krypto is the *best* boy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

All-New Member

I don't understand where this "Superman is not an inherited title" idea is coming from. I mean, DC ONE MILLION was over 20 years ago and it introduced the Superman Dynasty, which is specifically stated to be his descendants, carrying the name Superman all the way to the 853rd Century.

Sorry, the boat has sailed on whether it's an earned or inherited title.

Okay, folks, let's dial it down a notch. Keep it civil or deletions and possible temp bans may follow.

Thanks

GF
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Seriously. There's a lot in Injustice you could hold against Taylor. But the Lois thing was something established in the games, not his story. He had to abide by the games. And in the world that Neatherrealm established, that is what happened to Lois. That is what happened to Clark. He had no say in any of that aside from the exact circumstances. Could he have turned down the shot to write the tie in books? Yeah. But maybe he didn't want to. Maybe he likes the Injustice games and the story that Netherrealm built. There's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean he's not a fan of Superman or Lois, or that he won't do a good job with them..

It sucks but its just an alternate universe. Its not like him being okay with anything there automatically means he'd be okay with it in the main universe.

I loved DCeased but I wouldn't want any of the things we saw there to happen in the main universe. Sometimes you just gotta remember these things are just an AU.
    I like Taylor a lot, he seems like a good guy. He definitely has repeatedly talked about how much he likes Lois both on her own and in the context of the Superman Mythos. He did not make the decision to kill her in Injustice and he didn't like doing it. He's made that abundantly clear over the years:

When we last spoke, I told you that this was the hardest thing I’d ever written. This was the moment I was talking about. When I was told that I had to write a comic where my hero was tricked into killing his wife and unborn child, I was horrified. All I’ve ever wanted to do in licensed comics is write Superman. To have to do this to him and to have to do this to Lois, was a task that, frankly, I didn’t relish.
    IGN: If you can, can you talk about why Lois’ death is key for the universe of Injustice and the story of the game? If Metropolis was going to be nuked anyway, why the need to single Lois out?

Taylor: That’s a very good question. I think the game’s writers felt that Superman needed a personal tragedy to fundamentally change the way he sees the world....
    He even brought her back in Earth 2 specifically because he didn't like what happened in InJustice:

Newsarama: Tom, let’s just start with the choice to resurrect Lois Lane as a new version of Red Tornado. What were your thoughts behind resurrecting Lois this way?

Tom Taylor: I had two big reasons for bringing Lois into our story.

The first reason was a little selfish, if I’m being honest. As a very big fan of Superman and Lois Lane, having to bring about her death inInjusticewas the hardest thing I’ve ever had to write.

There’s a term called ‘fridging’, coined by my friend Gail Simone, for when a woman dies as a plot point. The concern is that their life becomes inconsequential. It’s all about the man’s suffering and how it effects him.

I’m very aware of this. It was something we came under a lot of criticism for.

I tried very hard to celebrate Lois and to show her at her best inInjustice, before her tragic demise. Whenever Superman talks about her, he talks about the life they lost together. He acknowledges the person she was. She isn’t dead and then forgotten.

The first thing I wanted to do on Earth 2 was ‘unfridge’ Lois Lane. If you look at the first page Red Tornado appears on, Nicola Scott and I actually have her coming out of a large blue, steaming refrigeration unit.

Nrama: Oh my gosh!

Taylor: We thought this was pretty appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Lol, what?
    Injustice first of all is freaking a game. Idea with Clark killing Lois and going mad doesn't belong to Taylor, it belongs to Injustice developers. He was asked to do the story, he did it, that's all, he doesn't have to say no just because some fans will cry.
    And he wrote Clark pretty good in DCeased, it's not just him who was turned into zombie, it was entire Justice League.
    Thank you! Honestly most of the controversial choices in Injustice were from the game (which I'm also a fan of). But so many think he hates every non batman JLer or whatever because of Injustice. When all he did was prequels and tie ins to a game that already established their fates. When if anything, he made those things make more sense and flesh out the universe that was established. Now I'm probably going to stick to SM&The Authority, not interested in this Jon Superman thing at all. But Taylor has a great track record of making gold out of flawed concepts. I could see him making this work, even though I'm definitely skipping this one.

Astonishing Member

While I am not happy with Jon becoming Superman this soon (as they shunt Clark to the side), he definitely has every right to wear the emblem and carry on that name, much more so than random people that aren't even connected to Clark simply because of Lois coining the name in response to Clark being a hero. It's not as if Jon is being called Superman and then deciding to become a used car salesman full time with zero hero-ing. He has been carrying on his father's legacy since he was ten years old. If I'm not mistaken, he got the quickest jump start into this hero business than his father or aunt (unless you count Conner's cloning). Wanting him to have a long resumé that reads like Superman at his prime is unrealistic and not fair.

Honestly, Superman in the Injustice franchise is one of the better handled characters on the Regime side. Taylor and the game creators at least tried to show how he got from point A to point Z. In addition, the entire first game revolves around how only Superman can beat another Superman, with everyone else just being useless.

Taylor's always been happy and willing to have characters like Wonder Woman and Green Lantern thrown under the bus so he can someone extol the virtues and awesome-ness of Superman in DCeased and Injustice. So I imagine they'll be plenty of that in his run.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I would buy a Krypto book. Especially if it's wholesome and lighthearted.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Honestly, Superman in the Injustice franchise is one of the better handled characters on the Regime side. Taylor and the game creators at least tried to show how he got from point A to point Z. In addition, the entire first game revolves around how only Superman can beat another Superman, with everyone else just being useless.

Taylor's always been happy and willing to have characters like Wonder Woman and Green Lantern thrown under the bus so he can someone extol the virtues and awesome-ness of Superman in DCeased and Injustice. So I imagine they'll be plenty of that in his run.
    Of course they threw that out the window with I2 where Batman trounces him in the traditional manner of a mech suit and Kryptonite while bragging about how he “beat” Clark in the first game. And he’s still an idiot in Taylor’s stories, even outside Injustice he’s the brawn to Batman’s brains in Taylor’s take on him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnell View Post
    I don't understand where this "Superman is not an inherited title" idea is coming from. I mean, DC ONE MILLION was over 20 years ago and it introduced the Superman Dynasty, which is specifically stated to be his descendants, carrying the name Superman all the way to the 853rd Century.

Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Of course they threw that out the window with I2 where Batman trounces him in the traditional manner of a mech suit and Kryptonite while bragging about how he “beat” Clark in the first game. And he’s still an idiot in Taylor’s stories, even outside Injustice he’s the brawn to Batman’s brains in Taylor’s take on him.
    Well, it is Injustice and Taylor. "Better handled" doesn't automatically mean good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    As somebody who feels very strongly about wanting Jon deaged, this doesn't change anything. I don't care who they put on it. I want Jon de-aged and that's final. So I'm not giving it a chance and hope others will do the same so DC gets the message to de-age Jon.

I'm all for Jon to be de aged back to the 11or 12 year old that he was.
    Perhaps Jor-El comes back on the scene with some crazy idea .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

He's commented on Wonder Woman's characterization as well, basically stating the version of Wonder Woman in the game script he was given as the jumping off point was so different from any version from the comics he just decided to run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He's commented on Wonder Woman's characterization as well, basically stating the version of Wonder Woman in the game script he was given as the jumping off point was so different from any version from the comics he just decided to run with it.
    Yeah, I read that too and that's what lowered my opinion of him as a writer on her. Explained everyone else's mindset on the Regime side but doubled down on all the poor decisions the games made when it came to her and didn't try until years later so he could ride of the coattails of an actual good DC product featuring Wonder Woman.

He deserves a pass on Lois but for Diana he is easily her worst writer in decades.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-23-2021 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnell View Post

There's a huge difference between this and past instances. Any time it was ever done in the past it was done in at best quasi-canon far-future scenarios. That's what DC One Million was. Or outright imaginary tales/Elseworlds. This sort of thing is fine in those scenarios. They're pushing this in a current canon though. That's what's way out of the ordinary, and what makes it so stupid. Its in that vein that Superman is not nor never has been a legacy character. The boat had not sailed on that at all until now, a mistake that DC is insisting on learning the hard way.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-23-2021 at 02:55 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El