Page 195 of 208 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3110
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    That's the thing: they're one in the same one. Jon is a kid when he is 10 and he's a kid when he is 14. That's what people want.
    Ok yeah I see your point. Do you think DC’ll do it?

Nah. Aside from some flashback stuff like what Jurgens is doing, I'm pretty sure DC is done with kid Jon. Even if said kid is a young teen. They're determined to "make fetch happen" with Supermilquetoast.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Ok yeah I see your point. Do you think DC’ll do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Nah. Aside from some flashback stuff like what Jurgens is doing, I'm pretty sure DC is done with kid Jon. Even if said kid is a young teen. They're determined to "make fetch happen" with Supermilquetoast.
    I'm banking on the Super Sons movie turning some heads. DC never really stopped creating content with the real Jon, it was disparate and rare, but it was there, and DC seems to be continuing to do that while potentially backing away from the age up.

Wait for the next reboot for the age down, course you never know when they're goods do that, could be sober than ya think
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Maybe they will made Loid pregnant again to match Superman & Lois and having a kid and adult "Jon"

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    The 5G time-skip was only 5 years. I'm guessing they didn't want 15-year old Jon as Superman.
    For Batman. It was around 15 years for the Justice League, because toddler Andy Curry was all grown up, she was in her late teens in that book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    My guess is that Jon will be thrown into a team. He will probably be the Superman of the relaunched Justice League book (whenever that happens) but I could also see DC throw him into a Titans book with the rest of the Wolfman/Fab Five characters and call it a day.
    Well, Nightwing's generation does lack a Super, since Supergirl wasn't a Titan until Tim's generation (she temporarily replaced a dead Conner).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

What I wonder now is whether Tom Taylor was talking out of his ass every month claiming the book was selling gangbusters, and why he was doing so. It's really frustrating when you believe someone who should be in a good position to know exact sales numbers yet discover they were lying this whole time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    What I wonder now is whether Tom Taylor was talking out of his ass every month claiming the book was selling gangbusters, and why he was doing so. It's really frustrating when you believe someone who should be in a good position to know exact sales numbers yet discover they were lying this whole time.
    The book was selling okay around the same level as Action Comics and the first trade is doing well. Still, the problem is neither SSOKE nor Action Comics are selling what can be considered a respectable level for the main Superman book. I love Nightwing and Robin but both books were outselling these books, Batman and Superman should be DC's main draw.

I'm guessing this cancellation is more due to a directional change in the DCU, the company has new bosses. Both Damian and Jon's books were doing okay yet both were canceled and they were then immediately given new minis that change the direction of their characters, Waid who is being called the new architect of the DCU seems to be playing a role in these changes.

I'm banking on the Super Sons movie turning some heads. DC never really stopped creating content with the real Jon, it was disparate and rare, but it was there, and DC seems to be continuing to do that while potentially backing away from the age up.
    Same here. It shows potential, and near everyone that has come across kid Jon has liked him.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Same here. It shows potential, and near everyone that has come across kid Jon has liked him.
    Also same. What little I’ve seen of the movie looks great. Jon’s voice took a little getting used to, but I’m fine with Jon being a young teen (and fits better if you use developing powers as a puberty metaphor)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I don't think DC has a problem with kid Jon, they know he is liked, I think DC just like Marvel has a problem with their major characters being attached to young biological children, they view them as aging these characters, adopted and foster kids who can come into their life at 10 years old means that 10 years have not necessarily passed in continuity.

That's why Damian is generally away from Bruce, Peter Parker is not allowed to be a husband and a dad in the main stories and they keep finding ways to keep Jon from Lois and Clark.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I'm banking on the Super Sons movie turning some heads.
    I don't think so..The movie itself had a supermilquetoast jon batfanboy.That just ain't good.It ain't no tomasi's run.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I don't think DC has a problem with kid Jon, they know he is liked, I think DC just like Marvel has a problem with their major characters being attached to young biological children, they view them as aging these characters, adopted and foster kids who can come into their life at 10 years old means that 10 years have not necessarily passed in continuity.
    It's funny, superman is an old man even if he doesn't have kids..in most of the portrayals
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-09-2022 at 07:32 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't think so..The movie itself had a supermilquetoast jon batfanboy.That just ain't good.It ain't no tomasi's run.

It's funny, superman is an old man even if he doesn't have kids..in most of the portrayals
    I always picture him and every other Super of his era about 35-40 except Ollie he’s always an extra 5

Sounds right, except for Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman, since they're both long lived.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I doubt sales had much to do with it. DC has put themselves in a position where the only thing they can really move are Bat titles, but within the standards of the market right now both Action and SoKE were doing fine, and selling better than most non-Bat titles.

I think AT&T had much higher expectations for the Future Staters; they seemed to think those guys were gonna really take off. So maybe DC is a little disappointed that Jon didn't blow Clark's sales out of the water, but all in all, SoKE seemed to be doing fine and plenty of other books that sell worse are still going.

I figure, like others have said, that this is a combination of a directional shift and the hope of pulling a few extra dollars out on the "first issue" spectacle.

Really, if sales were the reason behind the cancellation and new book launch, I feel like they would've replaced Taylor. But he's on the new title right? So DC seems happy enough with how SoKE did (maybe not thrilled, but at least satisfied) and this switch-up is being driven by other factors.

And keep in mind, we *don't* actually know what sales look like anymore. We have a handful of metrics with questionable data that give us a very, very vague idea of how the direct market is doing, but we have no idea how digital sales are looking, and info on trade sales isn't 100% reliable either, and there's a growing field of adjacent elements that may or may not be increasing Jon's profile, like webtoons, that upcoming animated film, etc. If Taylor says the book is selling, then he's either lying or he has access to information we don't. I don't see a ton of value in lying to random people on social media and we *know* industry insiders and employees have better access to numbers than we do so I'm inclined to believe he knows what he's talking about and has little to gain by lying about it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.