Page 137 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3110
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Jay definitely has shady vibes. Might just be his radical side showing.

I wouldn't mind if they turn out to be a romantic version of Magneto and Professor X. There are a lot of enemy to lovers couples but very few actually set up both parties as true equals. Even just counting straight couples the only example I can think of is Sakura and Syaoran.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Will Wally be back to talk alongside Dick or was that the only time he and Jon will talk? Nice moment between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm thinking the freshly made Post-Humans will be Jay's "Brotherhood" rather than the Revolutionaries we know. I could actually see at the very least Aeire and Wink maybe ultimately being a little uncomfortable with where Jay wants to take things, and them ultimately siding with Jon while the more freshly made Post-Humans who are still very raw and angry at what was done to them being all for Jay's plans.

And this really is continuing to follow the Injustice model if Jay does ultimately take things too far, but Jay would be in Wonder Woman's "Lady Macbeth" (as Taylor put it) role egging Jon on towards more extreme actions. But the difference being that unlike Clark, Jon eventually says no.
    I’d argue to be the “anti-Injustice” SOKE needs a big death though. Something that really sends Jon right up to the edge and makes him teeter as he hits his lowest point. It’s Lois dying that everyone brings up, WW only gets a few token references.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Will Wally be back to talk alongside Dick or was that the only time he and Jon will talk? Nice moment between the two.
    I imagine he'll have that talk with both of them, and likely even a proper race where Wally will comment on how Jon rivals him in speed now after the power boost.

I’d argue to be the “anti-Injustice” SOKE needs a big death though. Something that really sends Jon right up to the edge and makes him teeter as he hits his lowest point. It’s Lois dying that everyone brings up, WW only gets a few token references.
    In theory, but killing the Kents is likely not on the table.

And Taylor himself references what his intentions for Diana were in the confines he had to work with more than he's ever brought up Lois' death. I'd say he's looking for a more sympathetic version of the role his put Diana in. So Jay's a refugee who was experimented on, and now he's looking to change the world for the better. This is in contrast to Diana who was just kind of harsh and power hungry in Injustice.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I imagine he'll have that talk with both of them, and likely even a proper race where Wally will comment on how Jon rivals him in speed now after the power boost.
    Hah yes they’ll do a version of the Superman/Flash race later on I’m sure.

In theory, but killing the Kents is likely not on the table.
    Man can always dream.
    And Taylor himself references what his intentions for Diana were in the confines he had to work with more than he's ever brought up Lois' death. I'd say he's looking for a more sympathetic version of the role his put Diana in. So Jay's a refugee who was experimented on, and now he's looking to change the world for the better. This is in contrast to Diana who was just kind of harsh and power hungry in Injustice.
    I understand but what’s emotionally at the core of the story is that Clark went nuts after killing Lois. That’s the big emotional crux the story rests on and that’s the big breaking point that audiences take away. Even without Diana Clark killed Joker and that’s where he fell. Jon needs something similar, some personal loss that really tests his character. Might argue his timeout in the volcano was that but
    1. Taylor is basically sidestepping that and
    2. It’s too fantastical from what the audience can connect with which is also why it’s being side stepped

Argued this about Clark but Superman standing for “hope” means more if he’s experienced some degree of personal tragedy that threatens to shatter his worldview yet he chooses not to succumb to anger or hate. Still believe Jon needs that kind of test to see if he can be a good person when everything goes to hell.

Hm now I’m wondering if Ultra-Humanite will be used by Taylor given where S&tA leaves him and that Jon would still “need” a bald super genius foe if Bendix is a red herring as you believe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I understand but what’s emotionally at the core of the story is that Clark went nuts after killing Lois. That’s the big emotional crux the story rests on and that’s the big breaking point that audiences take away.
    Sure, but given how bad of a rep fridging has gotten-- especially in relation to Superman, I doubt Taylor'd want to do that.

Even without Diana Clark killed Joker and that’s where he fell. Jon needs something similar, some personal loss that really tests his character.
    If the theory with Jay becoming his Magneto pans out then that personal loss would then be, well, Jay. The test would be Jon having to stand there and say "I love you, and I agree with you, but I can't stand with you-- not like this." I think that's a more complex and lasting loss to a hero than a simple character death. That's a loss that Jon will have to look at and physically face over and over again if Jay is to become his Magneto.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Why does Jon have to be the bald cult leader Xavier in this narrative! Why can't he be the buff gilf Mags!? Jon should lead the brotherhood!

Looking at the solicitation for issues 5 and 6, and I think I can more or less guess what happens.

Issue #5 says "Jon Kent can’t save everyone, but that won’t stop him from trying. How much can Earth’s new Superman do before this Man of Steel buckles? And when he does, who swoops in to save Superman?"

Basically, it seems that Bendix's "attack" on Jon resulted in supercharging him past levels he was comfortable at, and because of this Jon starts to get an even better idea of how much everyone on the planet needs him. So I'm guessing Jon spends the majority of issue #5 flying all around the world saving people nonstop, yet feeling the sting of not being able to be in multiple places at once as he saves one person yet hears another die. The whole thing is just too much for him, and that's when Jay swoops in to comfort him.

I expect Jay also acts as a way to "ground" Jon and give him something to focus on and block out all of the screams. I'll give Taylor extra points if there's a moment in the issue where Jon tells Jay not to come closer to him because he'll hurt him, but then we call back to issue #1 and Jay says "you can't hurt me" because, you know, he physically can't. Then eventually Jon's able to control his powers enough by focusing on Jay to allow them to kiss.

That means the "devastating attack" Jon recovered from in issue #5 was his powers being supercharged, and the "life-changing events of issue #5" were Jon getting ahold of his new levels of power and starting a relationship with Jay. So the cover for issue #6 is totally Jon flexing his new level of power on Bendix.

Mighty Member

Although Jay is a little shady, so far he seems like he mainly wants to expose Bendix and bring about this downfall rather than remove him by any means necessary.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Why does Jon have to be the bald cult leader Xavier in this narrative! Why can't he be the buff gilf Mags!? Jon should lead the brotherhood!
    i second this..Jon kent and the outlaws...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Nope. Really they should make Donna the lesbian, none of her straight relationships are good.
    Bi, not straight up lesbian. Otherwise it makes her marriage and other relationships a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Eh. I still don't think there was enough there to hint that Kathy was anything more than possibly a crush. Would she have been more interesting than Saturn Girl? Yes. I don't even really like her but I'd gladly take her over Imra. But still...I wouldn't really classify that as his "first love". The same way I wouldn't call the girl I crushed on fifth grade my first love.
    To be fair Kathy was an aborted arc. She'd just taken on a superhero mantle, Beacon, when Tomasi was yanked off the book for Bendis. Apart from a cameo in The Terrifics, she vanished after that. There was almost certainly plans for her that were abandoned when Bendis took over.

Will be cool to see Jon and Kaldur interact.
    Aqualad isn't called Kaldur'ahm in the comics, he's Jackson Hyde.

The Justice League members in #4 all had a mistake. Hippolyta was referred to as Wonder Woman but isn't using the name in the actual JL book, so they should've used her actual name. Flash was Wally, and Hal Jordan appeared - neither are currently in the League, the JL's Flash is Barry and there's no Lantern in the roster at all.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-20-2021 at 04:33 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/prin...son-of-kal-el/

Every single issue of Son of Kal-El is going to another printing including the upcoming issue #5. Really, really nice to hear this.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Every single issue of Son of Kal-El is going to another printing including the upcoming issue #5. Really, really nice to hear this.
    Took them awhile.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Well, that was a tangent. I honestly don't understand what was ruined by making Jon bi? I can literally fit the number of romantic relationships he's had on one hand. Maybe his relationship with Saturn Girl? Honestly, I thought that got in the way of Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad, a much better couple IMO.

I wonder if Taylor will get the guy from seven secrets for this too
    Did he say he was unhappy Jon is Bi? If so, that would be messed up. Other than that I cannot see anything wrong with what he is saying. I do find it pretty absurd that it is not politically correct to say the "American Way" anymore. In no other country in the world would being positive about your nation of origin be looked down upon.

Liked issue 4 a lot. Jay got more interesting, the Wally moment was awesome. As well as the confrontation with Bendix. I was not a big fan of the Kents reaction to their farm being blown up. Did not feel like real people. More like caricatures. Them exhibiting no emotion or grief at the loss of their home took me out of the story for a moment.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 10-20-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    I was not a big fan of the Kents reaction to their farm being blown up. Did not feel like real people. More like caricatures. Them exhibiting no emotion or grief at the loss of their home took me out of the story for a moment.
    I get that, but I took it as these two are old pros at this by now. Clark's been Superman for what has to be at least 20 years by this point, so that means Ma and Pa have more or less seen it all, and likely had the farm attacked or blown up at least once. I mean, they've had Clark die already.

But Jon takes this hard because this is the first time he's seen anyone has devastated where he or his loved ones live (and it was in retaliation to his actions too), so that played more or less well for me.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Amazing news!