Page 161 of 208 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3110
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I got to be honest here....why are people not trusting Jay? I get it he's an unknown variable that has been revealed to have ties to an overthrown government and his own set of super powers but he hasn't done anything worth seeing as a threat.
    I'm just taking him referring to Jon pretending to be a normal person as "pretending to be someone lesser" and his claims the he "certainly has a plan for [getting Jon to join him]" (plus how his costume looking like that of a supervillain) and running with it into the most dramatic explanation possible.

I got to be honest here....why are people not trusting Jay? I get it he's an unknown variable that has been revealed to have ties to an overthrown government and his own set of super powers but he hasn't done anything worth seeing as a threat.
    I’m still suspicious of the fact that Jay’s phasing powers were already turned on when the metahuman was dropped on Jon’s house. He didn’t look like he had noticed yet that they were being attacked so why was he already intangible? Probably because he knew about the attack beforehand and just left his powers on.

And him befriending Jon without telling him about his phasing powers is suspect to me as well.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Throwing in here, a lot of Jay reminds me very much of a rival type character you see in YA stories, or Manga, or anime. He reminds me a bit of a young magneto, or even Sasuke from Naruto in some ways. There is just something about him that makes me think of a character that wants to do good but does good in a way that hurts others because "better to burn it all down than try to build on something that doesn't seem stable." That sort of personal belief system.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He should wear casual clothes more often

People are just desperate to make him more interesting then what he'll likely ever be.

Extraordinary Member

Superman: Son of Kal-El #7 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Cian Tormey

Incredible Member

Jay's solution to Jon's "no secret identity" problem is to give Jon a mask so he can do undercover work for him that won't be linked to the Superman name.

I love Jay. He makes it so fun to read him in the most shady interpretation possible.

I guess it was a matter of time before Taylor brought back some of his Revolutionaries.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Superman: Son of Kal-El #7 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Cian Tormey

Some people might call a climate change arc cringeworthy, but genzers were already doing this (fridaysforfuture). I think it makes sense for Jon since he's supposed to be Gen Z superman.

For some reason, this page is the one time Jay doesn't seem suspicious.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

You know what I completely forgot? That Jon and Jackson have already met before, it was back in Super sons of Tomorrow. I completely forgot about that so I was confused for a second when they called each other’s names.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

You know what I completely forgot? That Jon and Jackson have already met before, it was back in Super sons of Tomorrow. I completely forgot about that so I was confused for a second when they called each other’s names.
    Same.

I enjoyed this issue overall but it still Taylor putting chess pieces into place which is not a bad thing but the development of Jon personality is sacrifice.

If Jon gets more deeply involved with The Truth, there is definitely going to be a clash between Jon and The Revolutionaries methods of holding people accountable.

I wonder if Bendix have the power to control everyone he has experimented on, which is why in previous issues he used the ray on Jon.

That was their second meeting as a matter of fact. Jon and Jackson first met in the 'Planet of The Capes' story of the original Super Sons series. Jon teams up with Damian and the Rebirth era Teen Titans after Damian gets turned into an old man by a villain called The Time Commander. So it does make sense that Jon and Jackson would know each other already.

You know it’s always interesting to realize how many connections Jon actually made during his time as Superboy to now. Because when you consider he pretty much personally knows everyone of the Adult Titans (Starfire, Nightwing, Cyborg, Raven, Changeling, Wally West Flash, and Donna Troy) and the newest Aquaman (Jackson).

It’s also kind of funny because Jon’s a Cyborg fan, so we can say that Superman is a big fan of Cyborg.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-18-2022 at 07:39 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It’s always funny to me that everyone gives Clark crap for his glasses disguise but those domino masks really aren’t any better . So I guess the Gamorra Corps and the creature are going to die, perhaps a bunch of Metropolis citizens as well? Cruel as it is to say, I hope so, we need to up the stakes for this book more. Cool to see Jon and Jackson interacting, glad the wider DCU is being touched on.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/