Page 118 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3110

Wait Queer Jon is confirmed? I thought that was a joke. Either way first Tim then Jon that would break the internet.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Not confirmed, but according to BC it's something being looked at by DC as a possibility.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Not confirmed, but according to BC it's something being looked at by DC as a possibility.
    Whelp anyone's better than Saturn Girl I say go for it.

Incredible Member

It's certainly obvious when it hits, but as a very first thought? I don't think it's crazy obvious given how the DCU normally operates. Normally such a conversation would be had with like Kara or something exclusively because the DCU normally likes to keep things "in the family" (unless Bruce is involved) when discussing character building moments and ideas like that. But I know myself and others have made the parallels to Wally and Dick (Wally in particular because Jon's more powerful than Clark).

I praise Taylor because it really does take his brand of unashamed fan service mentality to go for this.

As an aside: his fan service mentality also means he knows exactly how to gut a fan's heart, and that's why fans find his deaths and heel turns just as effective as his meme-y heart warming moments.
    I obviously realize this is just comics and all. But it doesn't make any sense for Jon to be more powerful than his father. After all he's only half Kryptonian, how would that make him more powerful than his dad or Kara who are 100% Kryptonian. His DNA from his mother wouldn't make him any more powerful. Unless he's just an anomaly ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Unless he's just an anomaly ?
    The story seems to heavily imply this. PKJ showed us Clark's other future son (The Red King) who expected to be stronger than Clark (likely because Jon was) but was proven wrong and lost to him very easily.

There hasn't yet been an explanation why Jon is an anomaly, but if some aspects of 5G still live on in Taylor's run (and so far it seems that they do), then there's a good chance that somehow Jon is a Century Baby (possibly a "late term" Century Baby) and with that would come a potentially high boost in power from his human side (Century Babies are Earth humans) on top of his Kryptonian powers.

And with how much Taylor has been going out of his way to highlight that Lois is a major part of what makes Jon who he is, I think making him a Century Baby would make that point more literal.

Also, since each Century Baby is known as "The Spirit of____" for their century, it seems pretty obvious that if Jon is a CB then he'd be "The Spirit of Truth" or "The Spirit of Hope"

If he's "The Spirit of Hope" for the 21st Century then I wonder if Taylor will bring back the idea that Jon's powers can rise (and fall) *exponentially* with his emotions. That would explain his "second wind" in issue 6 after getting beat down in issue #5.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

The story seems to heavily imply this. PKJ showed us Clark's other future son (The Red King) who expected to be stronger than Clark (likely because Jon was) but was proven wrong and lost to him very easily.

There hasn't yet been an explanation why Jon is an anomaly, but if some aspects of 5G still live on in Taylor's run (and so far it seems that they do), then there's a good chance that somehow Jon is a Century Baby (possibly a "late term" Century Baby) and with that would come a potentially high boost in power from his human side (Century Babies are Earth humans) on top of his Kryptonian powers.

And with how much Taylor has been going out of his way to highlight that Lois is a major part of what makes Jon who he is, I think making him a Century Baby would make that point more literal.

Also, since each Century Baby is known as "The Spirit of____" for their century, it seems pretty obvious that if Jon is a CB then he'd be "The Spirit of Truth" or "The Spirit of Hope"

If he's "The Spirit of Hope" for the 21st Century then I wonder if Taylor will bring back the idea that Jon's powers can rise (and fall) *exponentially* with his emotions. That would explain his "second wind" in issue 6 after getting beat down in issue #5.
    Actually very interesting explanation for Jon's possibly being more powerful than his father.
    I've wondered for some time, if DC wants Jon more powerful and he'll take on more powerful enemies by himself.
    And eventually he'll be in over his head, and maybe die causing Clark to become a very different hero in the years to come.
    Is DC setting up Jon to eventually fail ? Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Actually very interesting explanation for Jon's possibly being more powerful than his father.
    I've wondered for some time, if DC wants Jon more powerful and he'll take on more powerful enemies by himself.
    And eventually he'll be in over his head, and maybe die causing Clark to become a very different hero in the years to come.
    Is DC setting up Jon to eventually fail ? Just a thought...
    Not the way Taylor’s pitched it. He’s pitched it as an “anti-Injustice” which theoretically should mean this is about a Superman who sets out to change the world and succeeds without becoming evil.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

With comics working on a sliding time scale, making Jon a century baby is just asking for continuity issues. Within a decade he's going to be noticeably too young.
    That Death of Superman tribute cover...gosh it seems way too soon to already be even alluding to that. It is noteworthy that they're giving Jay the Lois role in the cover. Also, too soon to have earned such a dramatic emotional moment.
    Interesting that that does seem to be lending weight to the queer Jon argument.

It only has an issue if you make him a nothing special Century Baby. But inherently he is something special among aliens and CBs because he'd be both.

So you simply say the Earth didn't think it was going to make it to the next century so it made a "late term" CB in the form Jon Kent to be its Superman and see it through.

That way he'd be able to be born whenever and still remain technically a CB but just a very special.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Variant cover to issue 4

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Variant cover to issue 4

Ah..the kind of cover that makes the Spectre give Jon some concerned looks. Well, if he was still alive anyway.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Variant cover to issue 4

WOW I Love it

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    WOW I Love it

Very cool cover !!! But I gave up on Variants long ago , unless they're the same price as regular cover.

Taking bets on whether the Kents die or not? Wish they would but I’m assuming Taylor won’t kill them off since they’ll probably be added to Jon’s supporting cast along with Lois. That variant does make it look like the Kent farm is toast though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That cover is sick. Works even better since Jon hasn't run the angry red eyes thing into the ground yet. He's typically a cheerful guy with a smile never far from his face in nearly all his comics, so when you do slap on the red eyes it's really like "oh damn, who could've possibly f%&ked up bad enough for this to happen?"

Also, I'm wondering if Taylor is planning on having Jon's powers controllable via his emotions/confidence?

The set up would be there since Taylor's a fan of the Tomasi and Gleason era, and this idea that Jon is potentially more powerful than Clark is a direct holdover from that era. And in that era Damian stated (and we saw first hand) that Jon's powers were controllable via his emotions.

That would somewhat line up with PKJ saying that there are aspects of Jon's powers that he has a greater control over than Clark or Kara, and this would fit. Clark and Kara's strength is finite in the sense that they can't will it up or down. I mean, how else would you make Jon's other powers aside from his vision based ones more nuanced and controllable? This seems like the most logical choice for that idea.

That then reminded me of Wally when he took over for Barry during Waid's run. There was a scene where he's fighting Zoom, and it's implied that he'd been subconsciously holding himself back because he was scared he would replace Barry. That would fit perfectly with Jon's situation because he seems to be the only person in the DCU who doesn't want him to replace his dad. As PKJ said, Jon doesn't think of Superman as a mantel, but rather it's *just* his dad.

I speculated that issue 5 would potentially have Jon's coming out as queer being what sparks his greater power on the cover for issue #6, but what seems more likely is that Jay will "swoop in to save Jon" in the form of him giving him a pep talk and telling him that he *is* Superman...and then they'll maybe also kiss.

Then I'm guessing from there Jon'll only grow in power a scope similar to Wally as Flash. Similar to Jon, Wally's powers as Flash were more nuanced and just out-right more powerful than Barry's, and I'm guessing that's ultimately the inspiration for Jon's version of Superman, and it's likely why Taylor will have them meet.