Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Power Girl Appreciation 2022

Didn't see a new appreciation thread for Power Girl yet, so I figured I'd start one.

Been hard times for poor Karen Starr, these past several years, but let's begin the new year with hope for a better tomorrow. 2021 gave fans of Wally West and Nightwing some justice and some quality effort from DC, here's to 2022 bringing PG the same!

And now without further ado, one of the favorite past times of this thread; fan art! This one is by the esteemed pro Sejic, who likely needs no introduction in these parts (and also posts here occasionally, so hello to him if he pops in)!

DC Power Girl.jpg

EDIT. Hopefully the image works. Last time I tried to post art it didn't work so let me know, I guess?
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-01-2022 at 06:38 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Always rooting for PG! The Conner/Palmiotti run is one of my top 10 favs of all time, just so excellent.

I see she's in the One-Star Squadron book at the moment, but it doesn't look like it's making great use of her. Hopefully we get more good Power Girl books in the future, even minis and one-shots. And guest spots like in Harley.

(Here's another Witchblade artist take, the great Michael Turner)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SavageJudgeDredd; 01-01-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Didn't see a new appreciation thread for Power Girl yet, so I figured I'd start one.

Been hard times for poor Karen Starr, these past several years, but let's begin the new year with hope for a better tomorrow. 2021 gave fans of Wally West and Nightwing some justice and some quality effort from DC, here's to 2022 bringing PG the same!

And now without further ado, one of the favorite past times of this thread; fan art! This one is by the esteemed pro Sejic, who likely needs no introduction in these parts (and also posts here occasionally, so hello to him if he pops in)!

DC Power Girl.jpg

EDIT. Hopefully the image works. Last time I tried to post art it didn't work so let me know, I guess?
    I actually don't hate that design. As for One Star Squadron, I bought the first issue (strictly because of PG and Red Tornado) but do not think I will be continuing with it. It trending towards painting Karen in a very bad light and as much as I hate to not support something she is in...I just can't support this.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Darwyn could just do no wrong. He left us far too young.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Darwyn could just do no wrong. He left us far too young.
    Yes. A Power Girl series by him would have been my dream for the character, or even just a mini, perhaps an Elseworlds type thing building on New Frontier.... picture his PG in the fifties in Vegas and perhaps Hollywood in a period adventure.

Not usually a PG fan but I’m digging One Star Squadron (as opposed to most of the rest of you lol). Course i totally think she’s being mindcontrolled
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Not sure if this had been made official yet but Hitch confirmed the JSA book that was previously teased is officially kaput.

https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...6V9ATBdcA&s=19
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Of course it is. Then they would have to treat her with respect. She's not one of the Bat characters.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Nice work, DC, build up expectations only to crush them because you didn't nail down the product you promised. Might try not doing that next time.

Marvel, no matter how bad they are, must be eating DC's lunch if this is any example of how well they do things at DC, and it is.

Man the Superman line is really disjointed

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Not usually a PG fan but I’m digging One Star Squadron (as opposed to most of the rest of you lol). Course i totally think she’s being mindcontrolled
    Honest question, would you be saying this if it were about a character you actually liked?

Did Peege play a role in the New Krypton story a while back? Or was it primarily Supergirl supporting Kal?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Did Peege play a role in the New Krypton story a while back? Or was it primarily Supergirl supporting Kal?
    IIRC, it was pretty much Supergirl and no PG.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/