Page 44 of 208 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Maybe the Jon fanbase. They never could handle stories for big boys.
    Which big boys?the same big boys that made a fuss about superundies being gone?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Which big boys?the same big boys that made a fuss about superundies being gone?
    Nah. Apparently the same big boys who belittle and troll other fans while throwing a stink over someone else having a name that Superman hasn't used since he was a teenager. Gotta love the pots calling the kettles black.
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-04-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Nah. Apparently the same big boys who belittle and troll other fans while throwing a stink over someone else having a name that Superman hasn't used since he was a teenager. Gotta love the pots calling the kettles black.

Liking or disliking something, no matter how silly it is, is fine. You like older Jon? That's fine. You don't think Jon should exist at all? That's fine. You think Superman should have trunks 24/7? That's fine. You think nobody else should ever be called Superboy because Clark had that identity first....yet you're okay with Cassie being Wonder Girl....? That'd weird, but okay.

But don't try and come for people who are fans of something that you don't enjoy. Attack the concept or the character all you want. Lord knows there are loads of characters and ideas that I can insult for days (this upcoming Supes book for starters) but don't be petty and attack the fans as if what you like puts you on a higher pedestal than them.

Damn 44 pages. God, i hope this is later retconned.

You know I was thinking about this the other day and I realize that Jon is never given the option to be something else. He just HAS to be Superman jr. I don't remember Gohan being like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post

You know I was thinking about this the other day and I realize that Jon is never given the option to be something else. He just HAS to be Superman jr. I don't remember Gohan being like this.
    Not if a big enough stink is kicked up. Which already has, but will probably get worse once this book is out.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post

You are wrong .He wasn't created or given a chance to be superman jr.He was made to be The superman. He might fail.The kid can atleast swing for fences.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Keep it up guys, soon we’ll get to 100 pages before the book even comes out! Anyone else betting under/over 100?

For better or for worse, Jon Kent is the buzziest item of the Superman line lately. There’s still over two months to go in which we’ll probably get previews, interviews and a marketing push. Sorry for anyone who thinks the kid is overexposed already :P

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Keep it up guys, soon we’ll get to 100 pages before the book even comes out! Anyone else betting under/over 100?

For better or for worse, Jon Kent is the buzziest item of the Superman line lately. There’s still over two months to go in which we’ll probably get previews, interviews and a marketing push. Sorry for anyone who thinks the kid is overexposed already :P
    I’m sure once Taylor gives an interview I’ll be in here moaning and crying about how he’s going to ruin Superman forever

Part of the buzz is us guessing about what the long term plans are here and whether or not Clark will be replaced permanently. Nobody is speculating on what Jon’s status quo will be like or what villains he’ll fight, or even who his LI will be.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Overexposure is what they need if they want this to succeed.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nobody is speculating on what Jon’s status quo will be like or what villains he’ll fight, or even who his LI will be.
    Well, there's nothing to go off regarding that. Even though we've been living with the possibility of Jon becoming Superman for a while now, we've had very little to base out speculation off. It would just be shots in the dark.

Once PKJ gives us a bit more in the next few months with the set up, art comes out, and Taylor gives some interviews then we'll have some ground the stand on.

As it stand all we can even vaguely speculate on is Taylor saying Jon may try an fight government inaction to climate change, Taylor will be dealing with the relationship with Saturn Girl, Jon's going to be more powerful than Clark or Kara, he'll be based on Earth, and he may join the League.

We can't really do much meaningful speculating with that.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ughhh I thought the Saturn Girl **** was scrapped ughh where did he say he was gonna deal with that? Hopefully it's just to end it!

Edit Nevermind I found it bleh!

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well, there's nothing to go off regarding that. Even though we've been living with the possibility of Jon becoming Superman for a while now, we've had very little to base out speculation off. It would just be shots in the dark.

Once PKJ gives us a bit more in the next few months with the set up, art comes out, and Taylor gives some interviews then we'll have some ground the stand on.

As it stand all we can even vaguely speculate on is Taylor saying Jon may try an fight government inaction to climate change, Taylor will be dealing with the relationship with Saturn Girl, Jon's going to be more powerful than Clark or Kara, he'll be based on Earth, and he may join the League.

We can't really do much meaningful speculating with that.
    Speaking of the League, while it may be fun to see 17-year-old Jon basically attempting to establish a relationship with his dad’s co-workers, will he be with them for long? I don’t know if the characters from Future State Justice League are meant to take over their predecessor’s roles or if they’ll split off into their own team book. The strategy DC seems to be taking is having the originals and legacies co-existing, so I suspect that’s what they’ll do.

I’d rather that Jon find his own set of peers anyway. Though it’s kind of funny that he got rejected from the Teen Titans and next thing you know he’s on the League.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Speaking of the League, while it may be fun to see 17-year-old Jon basically attempting to establish a relationship with his dad’s co-workers, will he be with them for long? I don’t know if the characters from Future State Justice League are meant to take over their predecessor’s roles or if they’ll split off into their own team book. The strategy DC seems to be taking is having the originals and legacies co-existing, so I suspect that’s what they’ll do.

I’d rather that Jon find his own set of peers anyway. Though it’s kind of funny that he got rejected from the Teen Titans and next thing you know he’s on the League.
    Well, nothing about Jon (or even Yara or Jace) being on the League stops Clark from coexisting in the universe. He'd simply be with the Authority rather than the League, and he'd still have his own book.

I honestly think particular version of the League that Bendis is crafting is perfect for what Jon seems to be right now. For one, the age gap has been addressed directly in the form of Naomi joining. But also this is a League that's showing itself to be more proactive and willing to hear new voices.

And on top of that you need a Superman on a modern incarnation of the Justice League, but if you have that then Black Adam can't actually lead the team as they seem to be setting up. Adam wouldn't be able to strong arm a choice into being if Clark were there to just go "haha f&%k no". So you have Jon. Jon's in a position where he doesn't even want the job as Superman let along leader of the league, so him not putting up a fuss at Adam taking lead wouldn't be out of place, and it would also for the interesting dynamic of an Adam lead JL to function on the main team.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Bendis should never touch Jon again he needs to stay away from the league.